still the best philosopher

So what's really going on?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Advocate

still the best philosopher

Post by Advocate »

Did i miss anything in metaphysics? Let me know.

Re: still the best philosopher

Post by Age »

Advocate wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 7:42 pm Did i miss anything in metaphysics? Let me know.
When you say, "still the best philosopher", who are you referring to exactly?
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

This is like Lebron James going to some little town in Nebraska, playing basketball only there with a bunch of amateurs, and announcing now and then that he is the GOAT. Or, wait, it's not like that, because the GOAT wouldn't do something like that.
Advocate

Post by Advocate »

[quote=Age post_id=588357 time=1659766896 user_id=16237]
[quote=Advocate post_id=587025 time=1659206549 user_id=15238]
Did i miss anything in metaphysics? Let me know.
[/quote]

[/quote]

That would be me, the person who can answer everything in metaphysics coherently.
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

Advocate wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 1:58 pm
Age wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 7:21 am
Advocate wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 7:42 pm Did i miss anything in metaphysics? Let me know.
That would be me, the person who can answer everything in metaphysics coherently.
But not in such a way that people are interested. That is also a skill that philosophers need.
Advocate

Post by Advocate »

[quote=Iwannaplato post_id=588377 time=1659776384 user_id=3619]
This is like Lebron James going to some little town in Nebraska, playing basketball only there with a bunch of amateurs, and announcing now and then that he is the GOAT. Or, wait, it's not like that, because the GOAT wouldn't do something like that.
[/quote]

Only the GoAT knows how the GoAT should behave.
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

Advocate wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 2:03 pm
Iwannaplato wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 9:59 am This is like Lebron James going to some little town in Nebraska, playing basketball only there with a bunch of amateurs, and announcing now and then that he is the GOAT. Or, wait, it's not like that, because the GOAT wouldn't do something like that.
All the GoATs have a series of accompliments that involve both experts and interested amateurs. And they tend NOT to spend time announcing they are the GoAT. They live it. And if it isn't working, they tweak it.

Coming to a little online philosophy forum and announcing that you are the best is just laughable.
FlashDangerpants

All worship Advocate

Post by FlashDangerpants »

All worship Advocate he is the greatest that has been, the greatest that shall be, and the best in general.

On an unrelated note, now is the blatant Narcissistic Personality Disorder working out for you? Perhaps a qualified medical professional would help you more than being mocked by the interwibblies will.

Post by Age »

Advocate wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 1:58 pm
Age wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 7:21 am
'Coherently' to who, exactly? (See, if you were really answering everything 'coherently', then your answers would be 'coherent', or more precisely, your words would be logical and consistent while forming a unified whole. Which they obviously are not.)

And,

What does the word 'metaphysics' even mean or refer to, to you, exactly? (See for me to be able to tell you what you have missed here, I need to know what you are referring to, exactly.)
Advocate

Post by Advocate »

[quote=Iwannaplato post_id=588409 time=1659791327 user_id=3619]
[quote=Advocate post_id=588406 time=1659790990 user_id=15238]
[quote=Iwannaplato post_id=588377 time=1659776384 user_id=3619]
[/quote]

[/quote]All the GoATs have a series of accompliments that involve both experts and interested amateurs. And they tend NOT to spend time announcing they are the GoAT. They live it. And if it isn't working, they tweak it.

Coming to a little online philosophy forum and announcing that you are the best is just laughable.
[/quote]

You're still concentrating on me instead of the worth of my ideas, proving my point immaculately. That ordinary folk don't recognize or laud it has no bearing on the worth of anything in philosophy at all

Credentials and integrated success are no part of being the best philosopher, just as academic knowledge isn't. And many of the Acknowledged best philosophers wouldn't meet that criteria either.
Advocate

Re: All worship Advocate

Post by Advocate »

>All worship Advocate he is the greatest that has been, the greatest that shall be, and the best in general.

Worship is too far. And i won't be the best forever. But you already knew that and you're being disingenuous, which proves the OP even more!

>On an unrelated note, now is the blatant Narcissistic Personality Disorder working out for you? Perhaps a qualified medical professional would help you more than being mocked by the interwibblies will.
[/quote]

As hominem attacks are evidence that you're a bad thinker and maybe you shouldn't be trying to participate in a philosophy forum. You're bringing down the curve. I would like to point out especially that you have no capacity to vett the criteria by which my answers may be judged.
Advocate

Post by Advocate »

[quote=Age post_id=588421 time=1659793273 user_id=16237]
'Coherently' to who, exactly? (See, if you were really answering everything 'coherently', then your answers would be 'coherent', or more precisely, your words would be logical and consistent while forming a unified whole. Which they obviously are not.)

And,

What does the word 'metaphysics' even mean or refer to, to you, exactly? (See for me to be able to tell you what you have missed here, I need to know what you are referring to, exactly.)
[/quote]

They are obviously not that way to you because you have literally no idea what you're talking about. You've never undertaken to understand them in that respect At All, and especially not with the help of the author to understand any apparent discrepancies. In reality they are coherent.

Metaphysics is a coherent set of answers to all of the deepest "what is the nature of?" questions. Of which i have provided about 30.
Advocate

Post by Advocate »

How interesting to note that two different people have referenced coherence this morning without a single appeal to an accepted definition of coherence. If this doesn't prove my point about missing the point, what could? Intellectual morons aren't capable of judging meaningful answers and therefore are incapable of finding any and should feel bad about themselves, at least as philosophers if not thinkers in general.

Coherent
adjective
1. (of an argument, theory, or policy) logical and consistent.
2. united as or forming a whole.

con·sist·ent
adjective
1. acting or done in the same way over time, especially so as to be fair or accurate
2. compatible or in agreement with something.

Yes, i can easily meet those criteria, and that alone is much more than any other philosopher has ever been able to rationally claim. My metaphysics is both internally and external consistent, but how would any of you know it? You're all bad thinkers.

We could break down logical, fair, and accurate if you like, but that's a point if diminishing returns.
FlashDangerpants

Bow thine heads before the Advocate puny shitstains

Post by FlashDangerpants »

Advocate wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 3:45 pm >All worship Advocate he is the greatest that has been, the greatest that shall be, and the best in general.

Worship is too far. And i won't be the best forever.
Why won't you be the greatest of all time for all time?
Advocate

Re: Bow thine heads before the Advocate puny shitstains

Post by Advocate »

[quote=FlashDangerpants post_id=588438 time=1659798976 user_id=11800]
[quote=Advocate post_id=588434 time=1659797114 user_id=15238]
>All worship Advocate he is the greatest that has been, the greatest that shall be, and the best in general.

Worship is too far. And i won't be the best forever.
[/quote]
Why won't you be the greatest of all time for all time?
[/quote]

Because while i've found The Truth (others have parts, but none so coherent), it wouldn't be hard to extend it or to make it prettier than i can.