to grok Space

So what's really going on?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Advocate

to grok Space

Post by Advocate »

Space is the correlation of our internal (proprioceptive) and external senses.

Our internal sense is our embodiment.

The external senses are experiences Of; that which we do not have direct access to or control over.

There are three physical dimensions, time, space, and scale. The three spacial dimensions are a directional coordinate system.
Atla

Re: to grok Space

Post by Atla »

Advocate wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 4:45 pm Space is the correlation of our internal (proprioceptive) and external senses.

The external senses are experiences Of; that which we do not have direct access to or control over.

There are three physical dimensions, time, space, and scale. The three spacial dimensions are a directional coordinate system.
Why would "scale" be anything more than an entirely made-up, subjective concept, born out of our inability to make sense of quantum physics? Objectively, the universe should have no scales. The idea of scale is very good for describing stuff from our perspective, but it's probably not a dimension.

Why wouldn't time simply be (a direction within) the fourth physical dimension?

Space is probably at least two different things: the Einsteinian spacetime of the known universe, and the Kantian space, a category of our understanding. The latter is a way how our experience is constructed. The correlation is between these two, simply saying that it's a correlation between our internal and external senses, doesn't say much imo.

Ok I'll stop now
Advocate

Post by Advocate »

[quote=Atla post_id=675923 time=1698477412 user_id=15497]
[quote=Advocate post_id=586959 time=1659195929 user_id=15238]
Space is the correlation of our internal (proprioceptive) and external senses.

[/quote]
Why would "scale" be anything more than an entirely made-up, subjective concept, born out of our inability to make sense of quantum physics? Objectively, the universe should have no scales. The idea of scale is very good for describing stuff [i]from our perspective[/i], but it's probably not a dimension.

Why wouldn't time simply be (a direction within) the fourth physical dimension?

Space is probably at least two different things: the Einsteinian spacetime of the known universe, and the Kantian space, a category of our understanding. The latter is a way how our experience is constructed. The correlation is between these two, simply saying that it's a correlation between our internal and external senses, doesn't say much imo.

Ok I'll stop now
[/quote]

More stuff is greater in scale. More complexity is greater in scale, More physical space encompassed is scale. These are not imaginary ideas. A dimension is any way that a thing can change or be measured distinctly from other ways it charges or can be measured. How blue your eyes are is an aesthetic dimension. Scale is a spacial dimension because it always exists in a spacial context just like space is a temporal dimension because it always exists in the context of time.

I appreciate you giving several groks adequate attention, but i think you've missed the forest for the trees. Though any particular answer is potentially debatable (tho i say they're the best framework of understanding available in any individual instance), e real magic is in their coherence. If you accept (and grok) my set of answers you will immediately be able to answer more questions in philosophy coherently than any other philosopher ever has. If that's not enough to get your philosophical juices flowing you're a lost cause. And to help the process, imagine i died. The worth of my set of answers will remain.
Atla

Post by Atla »

Advocate wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 2:23 pmMore stuff is greater in scale. More complexity is greater in scale, More physical space encompassed is scale. These are not imaginary ideas. A dimension is any way that a thing can change or be measured distinctly from other ways it charges or can be measured. How blue your eyes are is an aesthetic dimension. Scale is a spacial dimension because it always exists in a spacial context just like space is a temporal dimension because it always exists in the context of time.
Scale takes a part of the landscape already described by the three spatial dimensions, but adds nothing new.
I appreciate you giving several groks adequate attention, but i think you've missed the forest for the trees. Though any particular answer is potentially debatable (tho i say they're the best framework of understanding available in any individual instance), e real magic is in their coherence. If you accept (and grok) my set of answers you will immediately be able to answer more questions in philosophy coherently than any other philosopher ever has. If that's not enough to get your philosophical juices flowing you're a lost cause. And to help the process, imagine i died. The worth of my set of answers will remain.
I already told you that it's not uncommon above say 140 IQ or so to develop coherent pictures of everything. I have one too. Did you honestly think that you are the first and only one to do it?
Advocate

Post by Advocate »

[quote=Atla post_id=675978 time=1698500796 user_id=15497]
[quote=Advocate post_id=675970 time=1698499385 user_id=15238]More stuff is greater in scale. More complexity is greater in scale, More physical space encompassed is scale. These are not imaginary ideas. A dimension is any way that a thing can change or be measured distinctly from other ways it charges or can be measured. How blue your eyes are is an aesthetic dimension. Scale is a spacial dimension because it always exists in a spacial context just like space is a temporal dimension because it always exists in the context of time.[/quote]
Scale takes a part of the landscape already described by the three spatial dimensions, but adds nothing new.

[quote]I appreciate you giving several groks adequate attention, but i think you've missed the forest for the trees. Though any particular answer is potentially debatable (tho i say they're the best framework of understanding available in any individual instance), e real magic is in their coherence. If you accept (and grok) my set of answers you will immediately be able to answer more questions in philosophy coherently than any other philosopher ever has. If that's not enough to get your philosophical juices flowing you're a lost cause. And to help the process, imagine i died. The worth of my set of answers will remain.[/quote]
I already told you that it's not uncommon above say 140 IQ or so to develop coherent pictures of everything. I have one too. Did you honestly think that you are the first and only one to do it?
[/quote]

Scale is different than space because the way things change in scale is not the way they change in space. Scale is additive, space is transitional.
Atla

Post by Atla »

Advocate wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 3:05 pm Scale is different than space because the way things change in scale is not the way they change in space. Scale is additive, space is transitional.
When we are looking at space at different scales, we are always looking at space. Space is space. Scale is just about how we look at it.