What is the real color of the apple?

So what's really going on?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

CHNOPS

Re: What is the real color of the apple?

Post by CHNOPS »

Iwannaplato wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 6:59 am
CHNOPS wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 9:16 pm The "red" is a relation that implies a brain. "Size" not need a brain.
This sounds like red is a quale and size is not. But all is qualia. I am not sure what you meant. But that is why I brought up size and other qualities that seem at least not to need perception.
There are differents theories.

One theory says that all is perception, so, a brain is what we see as a form that is related with others forms, in the way that if the brain change, that others forms change to. But this is not necesary causality of the brain to that others forms, neither the other way. Is a change that happens at the same time.

For example, when a semaphore change, the brain change too. Is not the brain that change the semaphore and is not the semaphore that change the brain. It happens at the same moment.

And the semaphore and the brain are always object of the perception. And there is only perception.

This maybe u will not understand. Because if this is true, then, there is just one perception.... you... but "you" is not what you think.

I believe that, so, for me, all is qualia.

There is no size if i am not perceiving that. But.. "size" is at the core of all forms, so, i am always perceiving "size".

In the moment that there are more than one form in my perception, there is "size".

What you may not understand, is that perception is all, so, the brain is not the cause of perception. Perception start at the Big Bang...

So, you dont need brain to perceive "size". And is a qualia...

But you need a brain to perceive "red", because "red" is a form that appear when there are others forms.... the brain and the semaphore, for example. Or only the brain when you dream or alucinate.

If you dont believe in this theory, and you believe that perception is something that begins with a complex brain, then, you may imagine an objetive world, without "red", but with "size", "shape", etc.

But pay attention, I said "without red", because, believe in my theory or not, the "red" is still something that happens when there is a brain....

And I dont want to discuss my theory, I just wanted to say that beyond what you believe, there is no "red" without brain, and THERE IS "size" without brain.

In both theories, that is the right knowledge.
popeye1945

Re: What is the real color of the apple?

Post by popeye1945 »

There are no colors only energy vibrations of light, color is biological experience of these vibrations or how one is affected by these vibrations.