let's have done with it

So what's really going on?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Advocate

let's have done with it

Post by Advocate »

I can answer every question in metaphysics cohesively, coherently, and conclusively.

Metaphysics is all of the deepest "what is the nature of?" questions.

For instance;

time
space
energy
matter
god
truth
reality
certainty
knowledge
perfection
causality
self
consciousness
paradox
infinity
science
logic
math

The nature of being (ontology) is that every "thing" is a pattern in a mind - a set of attributes and boundary conditions by which it is distinguished from other things according to various purposes. Some things also have an external referent.
trokanmariel

Re: let's have done with it

Post by trokanmariel »

Advocate wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 5:01 am I can answer every question in metaphysics cohesively, coherently, and conclusively.

For instance;

time
space
energy
matter
god
truth
reality
certainty
knowledge
perfection
causality
self
consciousness
paradox
infinity
science
logic
math

The nature of being (ontology) is that every "thing" is a pattern in a mind - a set of attributes and boundary conditions by which it is distinguished from other things according to various purposes. Some things also have an external referent.

The God reference is appropriate. Because being given a name is inherently a parameter.

What are your thoughts about this?
RCSaunders

Post by RCSaunders »

Advocate wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 5:01 am I can answer every question in metaphysics cohesively, coherently, and conclusively.

For instance;

time
space
energy
matter
god
truth
reality
certainty
knowledge
perfection
causality
self
consciousness
paradox
infinity
science
logic
math

You have just completely scrambled ontology and epistemology.
Advocate

Post by Advocate »

[quote=trokanmariel post_id=566943 time=1649091864 user_id=15787]
[quote=Advocate post_id=566889 time=1649044906 user_id=15238]
I can answer every question in metaphysics cohesively, coherently, and conclusively.

For instance;

time
space
energy
matter
god
truth
reality
certainty
knowledge
perfection
causality
self
consciousness
paradox
infinity
science
logic
math

[/quote]

The God reference is appropriate. Because being given a name is inherently a parameter.

What are your thoughts about this?
[/quote]

In this case god is a category. Since no individual instance bears any possibility of material justification, the name is arbitrarily assigned to a broad swath of instances which are mutually exclusive in many of their particulars.
Advocate

Post by Advocate »

[quote=RCSaunders post_id=566946 time=1649092089 user_id=16196]
[quote=Advocate post_id=566889 time=1649044906 user_id=15238]

For instance;

time
space
energy
matter
god
truth
reality
certainty
knowledge
perfection
causality
self
consciousness
paradox
infinity
science
logic
math

[/quote]
You have just completely scrambled ontology and epistemology.
[/quote]

They're inseparable and i can answer many questions in epistemology, especially those which are useful in explaining metaphysics, but i stop short of that claim because epistemology quickly gets into very technically specific areas that i cannot answer as well as has already been done exhaustively.