Virtual reality?

So what's really going on?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Gary Childress

Virtual reality?

Post by Gary Childress »

So some are saying we may be living in a computer simulation. I can think of few things more depressing. It means we are not creations of a perfect God, rather the creations of some imperfect being subservient to a higher reality of its own that is giving us a world of despair for imperfect reasons instead of divine ones.
trokanmariel

Re: Virtual reality?

Post by trokanmariel »

Gary Childress wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:43 pm So some are saying we may be living in a computer simulation. I can think of few things more depressing. It means we are not creations of a perfect God, rather the creations of some imperfect being subservient to a higher reality of its own that is giving us a world of despair for imperfect reasons instead of divine ones.

Catching the image, whilst reading the data; this time, it's my open.

In reading your commentary, I was preoccupied with Sasha Troy, from Face/Off, during the church hall gun circle. The reason, why my mind gravitated toward this scene, is because it speaks to the truth of the opposite, of your commentary. Namely, that the creator of humanity is real, and is as egotistical as humanity itself.

With regards to computer simulation: I see the correlations, every so often, as in the replica of data being used by people, and I always know to not mention it, even though sometimes doing so would obstruct the system of geopolitics.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Gary Childress wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:43 pm So some are saying we may be living in a computer simulation. I can think of few things more depressing. It means we are not creations of a perfect God, rather the creations of some imperfect being subservient to a higher reality of its own that is giving us a world of despair for imperfect reasons instead of divine ones.
Virtual Reality!

That could segue nicely into the discussion about the existence of Romantic Love.

If no success with A, B could be the ticket.
popeye1945

Post by popeye1945 »

Gary,

If your think in terms of divine ones your already living in a alternate reality.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

popeye1945 wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 10:17 pm
Gary,

If your think in terms of divine ones your already living in a alternate reality.
Well, I hope you are wrong.

Post by Age »

Gary Childress wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:43 pm So some are saying we may be living in a computer simulation. I can think of few things more depressing.
What are some of the few things that you can think of that are more depressing than living in a computer simulation?
Gary Childress wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:43 pm It means we are not creations of a perfect God,
How, EXACTLY, did you arrive at this MOST OBVIOUSLY ILLOGICAL and ABSURD "conclusion"?

What is it with 'you', adult human beings, hitherto when this was being written MISCONSTRUING just about EVERY thing that is WRITTEN and SAID?

Did you REALLY think or BELIEVE that thee PERFECT God, created EACH and EVERY one of 'you', like 'you' were INDIVIDUALLY hand-crafted like a sculptured model in some by-gone era?

If 'you' are IN a 'computer simulation', or NOT, then 'you' are STILL the creation of God, Itself.

When will 'you', human beings, in the days when this is being written, WAKE UP and START 'considering' what the word 'God' refers to EXACTLY?
Gary Childress wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:43 pm rather the creations of some imperfect being subservient to a higher reality of its own that is giving us a world of despair for imperfect reasons instead of divine ones.
1. There is NO so-called "higher reality". There is ONLY 'Reality', Itself. AND, there are INTERPRETATIONS made of 'Reality', Itself, which, as can be CLEARLY SEEN and PROVED True throughout this forum and throughout human history, itself, are just complete and utter MISINTERPRETATIONS. In other words, there are NOT 'levels' of Reality. Some of the INTERPRETATIONS of Reality, which 'you', human beings, MAKE are just Wrong.

2. The adult human being, in the day and age when this was being written, had become so Truly a SPOILED BRAT, and as can be CLEARLY SEEN they had become so human being individually self-centered that they ACTUALLY EXPECTED that the WHOLE Universe cared for, and behaved in a way just for, 'them', (and a selected few close friends and relatives), ONLY.

Now, what are basing YOUR CLAIM of, "giving us a WORLD OF DESPAIR", on EXACTLY?

A 'virus', an 'earthquake', a 'flood', a 'tsunami', a 'drought', a 'fire', all of these, or on 'something else' maybe? 'Cancer', 'bowel or heart disease', missing an 'arm' or a 'leg', or 'something else'? Maybe your 'dog died', or a 'human being close to you died', or became 'sick'?

Or, maybe YOUR "world of DESPAIR" is just based solely on your OWN incompetence in just being able to find a so-called "partner in life"?

However, I suggest WAITING for the 'meteor strike of earth', BEFORE you start "judging" YOUR CLAIMS of "WORLD OF DESPAIR".

The way 'you', human beings, CARRY ON and SULK over just about ANY LITTLE 'thing', it sounds like 'you' NEED more than these LITTLE moments of CHANGE, to Truly WAKE you UP to Reality, Itself.

With what has been "thrown at you hitherto, to now", in the day when this is being written, which a LOT OF may just be BECAUSE OF 'human CAUSES' anyway, it sounds like a good old-fashioned 'meteor strike' might be NEEDED in order to wake 'you', adult human beings, up to the Realities of Life, and living.

The DIVINE and PERFECT 'reasons' for EVERY 'thing' that HAPPENS and OCCURS can be CLEARLY SEEN and FOUND.

BUT, if all what 'you' SEE when you LOOK OUT INTO, and AT, thee Universe, Itself, is a "world of despair", for IMPERFECT 'reasons', then there is NO WONDER WHY 'you' are living EXACTLY like you do, now.

MAYBE ALL of 'you', adult human beings, would like some MORE money in your bank accounts, and then EVERY 'thing' will be GOOD and PERFECT, right?

From what is being observed here, the generation of adult human beings, in the days when this was being written, were the most self-indulgent ones with an 'entitlement' complex, while at the same time continually 'blaming' and calling their OWN children the "self-indulgent, entitled, spoiled brats". The HYPOCRISY here is BLINDING.

Post by Age »

popeye1945 wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 10:17 pm
Gary,

And what is the ACTUAL 'reality', "popeye1945"?
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Age wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 1:29 am How, EXACTLY, did you arrive at this MOST OBVIOUSLY ILLOGICAL and ABSURD "conclusion"?

What is it with 'you', adult human beings, hitherto when this was being written MISCONSTRUING just about EVERY thing that is WRITTEN and SAID?

Did you REALLY think or BELIEVE that thee PERFECT God, created EACH and EVERY one of 'you', like 'you' were INDIVIDUALLY hand-crafted like a sculptured model in some by-gone era?

If 'you' are IN a 'computer simulation', or NOT, then 'you' are STILL the creation of God, Itself.
If we are in a computer simulation, then it is not God who made us but rather the operator of the computer simulation and I doubt very seriously that God uses computers, at least not a God who created this universe we live in. If we are in a simulation then we are no more "made by God" than my computer I'm looking at in front of me was made by God. My computer was made by human hands and therefore it is at least once removed from being God's creation. It makes no sense for computers to worship humans as their God any more than it would make sense for me to worship the creator of the Matrix or whatever we would be living in if it were a simulation.

Post by Age »

Gary Childress wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 4:08 am
Age wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 1:29 am How, EXACTLY, did you arrive at this MOST OBVIOUSLY ILLOGICAL and ABSURD "conclusion"?

If we are in a computer simulation, then it is not God who made us but rather the operator of the computer simulation and I doubt very seriously that God uses computers, at least not a God who created this universe we live in.
You MISSED the POINT, ONCE AGAIN.

And, ONCE AGAIN, I suggest you CLARIFY 'things', BEFORE you ASSUME 'things'.

Even AFTER I 'spell' out the VERY POINT NOT to ASSUME, you go STRAIGHT INTO ASSUMING that VERY EXACT 'thing'.
Gary Childress wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 4:08 am If we are in a simulation then we are no more "made by God" than my computer I'm looking at in front of me was made by God.
EXACTLY.

SEE, it does NOT matter ONE IOTA how MANY 'simulation' 'you', human beings, are IN, ALL of 'it' HAPPENS WITHIN ONE True Reality. Of which there is ONLY One Creator OF.
Gary Childress wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 4:08 am My computer was made by human hands and therefore it is at least once removed from being God's creation.
BELIEVING there is A 'separation' SOMEWHERE will ALLOW 'you' to ONLY "see" that there is A 'separation'. Which, by the way, there OBVIOUSLY can NOT be.
Gary Childress wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 4:08 am It makes no sense for computers to worship humans as their God any more than it would make sense for me to worship the creator of the Matrix or whatever we would be living in if it were a simulation.
There are a COUNTLESS number of 'things' that 'you', adult human beings, DO, which makes NO sense AT ALL. WHY NOT just add that one onto that VERY LONG and VARIED list of 'things'? Surely, one more is NOT going to make that much more difference, correct?

Just IMAGINING that 'you' live in a SIMULATION, ONLY, makes absolutely NO sense AT ALL, YET here 'you' ARE doing it RIGHT HERE and NOW.

If 'you' live in a simulation or NOT, thee One and ONLY True Reality of 'things' can be UNCOVERED, FOUND, and SEEN, ANYWAY.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Age wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 5:22 am

If we are in a computer simulation, then it is not God who made us but rather the operator of the computer simulation and I doubt very seriously that God uses computers, at least not a God who created this universe we live in.

Even AFTER I 'spell' out the VERY POINT NOT to ASSUME, you go STRAIGHT INTO ASSUMING that VERY EXACT 'thing'.
Gary Childress wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 4:08 am If we are in a simulation then we are no more "made by God" than my computer I'm looking at in front of me was made by God.
EXACTLY.

SEE, it does NOT matter ONE IOTA how MANY 'simulation' 'you', human beings, are IN, ALL of 'it' HAPPENS WITHIN ONE True Reality. Of which there is ONLY One Creator OF.
Gary Childress wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 4:08 am My computer was made by human hands and therefore it is at least once removed from being God's creation.
BELIEVING there is A 'separation' SOMEWHERE will ALLOW 'you' to ONLY "see" that there is A 'separation'. Which, by the way, there OBVIOUSLY can NOT be.
Gary Childress wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 4:08 am It makes no sense for computers to worship humans as their God any more than it would make sense for me to worship the creator of the Matrix or whatever we would be living in if it were a simulation.
There are a COUNTLESS number of 'things' that 'you', adult human beings, DO, which makes NO sense AT ALL. WHY NOT just add that one onto that VERY LONG and VARIED list of 'things'? Surely, one more is NOT going to make that much more difference, correct?

Just IMAGINING that 'you' live in a SIMULATION, ONLY, makes absolutely NO sense AT ALL, YET here 'you' ARE doing it RIGHT HERE and NOW.

If 'you' live in a simulation or NOT, thee One and ONLY True Reality of 'things' can be UNCOVERED, FOUND, and SEEN, ANYWAY.
Utter nonsense.

Post by Age »

Gary Childress wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 5:25 am
Age wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 5:22 am

EXACTLY.

Utter nonsense.
LOL Your complete LACK OF ABILITY to SHOW absolutely ANY 'thing' here, which backs up and supports YOUR CLAIM/S here, PROVES what thee ACTUAL Truth of 'things' IS, REALLY.

If you BELIEVE absolutely ANY 'thing' in what I have SAID or CLAIMED is 'nonsense' or even 'utter nonsense', then PROVE it true.

So, we will HAVE TO just WAIT and SEE what happens from now on.

SEE, I can BACK UP and SUPPORT what I have SAID and CLAIMED here with IRREFUTABLE PROOF. Which is what makes the VERY DIFFERENCE between 'you' and 'I'.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

The watching of a simulated 'life movie' projected onto a huge blank screen at the cinema, is the exact same watcher that watches the real-life movie that is the world of objects appearing to be outside of the watching, even though there is no thing that can be known to exist outside of the watching knower. Therefore, to know you know can only exist as a dream.

Can the watcher be watched?....short answer is NO...because there is no thing here watching. Watching is no thing...thinging..which is likened to a dream.

Conceptual knowledge is a simulation within a simulation within a simulation which is just another word for dream, believed and imagined to be real, but is neither real nor unreal, and yet both simultaneously ..yet niether, as no thing ever happens in a dream.

Yep, life is an absolute mystery to itself infinitely for eternity.

When watching watches a movie ..watching itself, it is inside that movie, because there is only the movie no matter how it appears, whether it's backdrop is the empty sky or an empty blank white screen.

The reason the watcher displays real raw emotion at a movie playing at the cinema, is because there is a real belief that the images within the watcher are real...no matter where those images are being projected.

A belief is also a lie. Otherwise no thing would make sense within the dream of separation, aka the movie of life that is comprised of the watcher and the watched...Two, but not two in the same instantaneous now.

Watching has to pretend to be a liar in order to be known as real.

bahman

Post by bahman »

We are minds that are trapped with bodies that simulate reality for us. That is for sure as far as what we observe. Computer simulation, I don't think so unless you believe that you don't have a body, a brain, etc. By the way, what makes a reality created by Divine more valuable than the reality created by non-Divine?
puto

Post by puto »

Work Cited Chalmers, David. Reality + Virtual Worlds and the Problems of Philosophy, New York, NY, 2022 CE. Thank-you, your works have been cited and knowledge does exist in the definition of knowledge. Having, discovered your knowledge, thank-you. The relationship between first person and third person, I say thank-you so very much. Thanks for your passages about John Locke :D The busser/philosopher. To you, I Say, "Thanks and eternal gratitude."