If a person watches the news coverage, of Ukraine v Russia, are they contributing to the war between Ukraine and Russia?

So what's really going on?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

trokanmariel

If a person watches the news coverage, of Ukraine v Russia, are they contributing to the war between Ukraine and Russia?

Post by trokanmariel »

This isn't intended, as a political question, but as a metaphysical question. On the assumption, that there is a metaphysical force, somewhere in the cosmos, or outside the cosmos, can it be the right, of this force, to place this sort of scrutiny on human life:

That if people watch a war, on television, they are being part of the war?

Again: the concern of the question is metaphysics, as in does a metaphysical force possess the ability to create this dimension of judgement?

In addition: the framework, of the question, is that any judgement pertaining to the affirmative of the question is a metaphysical judgement.
jayjacobus

Re: If a person watches the news coverage, of Ukraine v Russia, are they contributing to the war between Ukraine and Rus

Post by jayjacobus »

Information can get passed by people and the media. As it does, it gets stronger and can have a significant effect. Physical events diminish the farther away people are.
Impenitent

Re: If a person watches the news coverage, of Ukraine v Russia, are they contributing to the war between Ukraine and Rus

Post by Impenitent »

this is the "first war" to be witnessed on tic toc, facebook and youtube...

-Imp
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

trokanmariel wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 9:37 pm if people watch a war, on television, they are being part of the war?
We're not watchin' a war: we're watchin' propaganda about a conflict we're told is a war.

We're an audience to another scripted event.
trokanmariel

Post by trokanmariel »

jayjacobus wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 11:30 pm Information can get passed by people and the media. As it does, it gets stronger and can have a significant effect. Physical events diminish the farther away people are.

From what you've said, the most metaphysics exists with your last comment, about diminishment.

In terms of the first idea, about information getting passed by people and the media, there is the objectivity of units of language setting the narrative. By units, what's meant is the individual word

Would you mind just elaborating a bit, about the last comment?
trokanmariel

Post by trokanmariel »

Impenitent wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 11:40 pm this is the "first war" to be witnessed on tic toc, facebook and youtube...

-Imp

I see the irony, of your statement. However, there is the beauty of irony, in relation to the beauty of war, which of course I'll explain.

The beauty of war, is the complex of information always having needed a recogniser, but doesn't get one, and so is able to be lost once war happens.

Ukrainians, who have had to fight and enter other countries are in the position of no Drew Barrymore show, on YouTube, and all of the Scream metaphysics surrounding that show - but it's as if there has to be the beauty of war dynamic, or principle, in order for the obviousness of the state of loss being tolerable.
trokanmariel

Post by trokanmariel »

henry quirk wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 1:11 am
trokanmariel wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 9:37 pm if people watch a war, on television, they are being part of the war?
We're not watchin' a war: we're watchin' propaganda about a conflict we're told is a war.

We're an audience to another scripted event.

I have the position, that Putin is a victim of data loss. By data loss, what's meant is the mainstream society data, such as adultery, movies, fandom, internet chatsites, elections, high school; because news media has spent its history acting as if data is honest, the non-possession of it by Putin has led to this current state of events.

Of course, that's a sociological-metaphysics, and not the appropriate civil construct.

What are your thoughts?
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

trokanmariel wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 1:33 am What are your thoughts?
Putin, like pretty much every other global leader, is a nutjob.

What he, and those others, lack is a conscience.

And we're chumps who keep lettin' them rule.
trokanmariel

Post by trokanmariel »

henry quirk wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 1:52 am

All politicians, irrespective of ideology, have to fight The Symmetry. The Symmetry is the root condition of reality, and not just life.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

trokanmariel wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 9:07 am

All politicians, irrespective of ideology, have to fight The Symmetry. The Symmetry is the root condition of reality, and not just life.
What's The Symmetry?
RCSaunders

Post by RCSaunders »

Why don't you stop being a chump and stop him? Who's "we?"
trokanmariel

Post by trokanmariel »

henry quirk wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 4:03 pm

What's The Symmetry?

The symmetry, is me not telling somebody that it's wrong to go to war, because that somebody is identical to everybody else. It's also somebody not telling me that I deserve a house for free, because I am identical to everybody else.

The metaphysical force, that judges people along the lines of being part of the war between Ukraine and Russia by watching the war on TV; they have a choice, between The Symmetry judgement and the symmetry judgement, the former being their own version of unobvious metaphysics and the latter being their own version of obvious metaphysics
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

RCSaunders wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 4:47 pm Who's "we?"
Human beings...no specific individual...the 100 billion or so, in total, that have lived.

We labor with a boot on our throats, tire of it, overthrow the boot wearer, then let a new set of boot wearers take charge. We never seem to tire of the up & down.

Not you specifically; not me: just people, in general, over the long haul.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

trokanmariel wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 5:08 pm
henry quirk wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 4:03 pm

What's The Symmetry?

The symmetry, is me not telling somebody that it's wrong to go to war, because that somebody is identical to everybody else. It's also somebody not telling me that I deserve a house for free, because I am identical to everybody else.

The metaphysical force, that judges people along the lines of being part of the war between Ukraine and Russia by watching the war on TV; they have a choice, between The Symmetry judgement and the symmetry judgement, the former being their own version of unobvious metaphysics and the latter being their own version of obvious metaphysics
How are you, or anyone, identical to everyone else?

What's an unobvious and obvious metaphysic?
RCSaunders

Post by RCSaunders »

henry quirk wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 12:50 am
RCSaunders wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 4:47 pm Who's "we?"
Human beings...no specific individual...the 100 billion or so, in total, that have lived.

We labor with a boot on our throats, tire of it, overthrow the boot wearer, then let a new set of boot wearers take charge. We never seem to tire of the up & down.

Not you specifically; not me: just people, in general, over the long haul.
What do you care what, "people in general," do? You don't live anyone else's life, only yours. Most people really do not mind the chains that enslave them because they think they're getting a good deal--a government that will protect them, make sure their food and medicine is safe, provide their children free education, and will save them if they lose their job, feed them when can't feed themselves, provide their health care, and make sure they can retire without worry. They don't want to be free because they don't want to have to be responsible for all those things.

Your not going to make them free. You are never going to make a free society because society doesn't want to be free. It only wants security, safety, and a trouble-free life (believing that's what government is supposed to provide, because its their, "right.")

If I want to be free, I'm going to have to make myself free, just like if I want food and clothing I have to earn or produce the wealth necessary to buy them, or if I want an education, I have provide it myself, or if I want anything else, I must do the work to acquire it, so, if I want freedom, I have to achieve it myself--and so does anyone else who truly wants to be free. Most people really don't.