Moderators: AMod, iMod

Zarathustra

Re: Death as Metaphysical Subject?

Post by Zarathustra »

Immanuel Can wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 3:07 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 7:03 am
Immanuel Can wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 1:21 am
Apparently not.

But let's suppose this: suppose one Man had died, and been resurrected. Could He tell us anything about death?
No man has ever been resurrected from death.
If you insist so, then your argument is with God, not me:

"The God of our fathers raised up Jesus, whom you put to death by hanging Him on a cross. He is the one whom God exalted to His right hand as a Prince and a Savior, to grant repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins." (Acts 5:30-31)
Where is Jesus after the resurrection?
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Zarathustra wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:04 pm Where is Jesus after the resurrection?
Now? Ephesians 1:20-22

Or right after? Luke 24:36-53
Dubious

Post by Dubious »

Apparently not.

But let's suppose this: suppose one Man had died, and been resurrected. Could He tell us anything about death?

"The God of our fathers raised up Jesus, whom you put to death by hanging Him on a cross. He is the one whom God exalted to His right hand as a Prince and a Savior, to grant repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins." (Acts 5:30-31)
Actually, it's not with god at all! It's really with all the mythmakers and plagiarists who wrote the bible and made god into a simple-minded quack whom one MUST believe in to be resurrected. Everyone else be damned for not paying dues.

What a totally loathsome piece of absurdity, but thoroughly acceptable by the demented!
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Apparently not.

No, my argument is with knowledge or data. Information is not the authority or creator of reality. It's a fictional overlay placed upon reality. It has no more reality to it than reality itself, which cannot inform itself of it's existence. How hard is that for you to understand?

The mind blowing ridiculous claim that 'death' can be defeated by mortal sentient organisms is unproven, it's just speculation, death is not an experience that can be later informed to the living. No man has ever known death. . FACT!!
You, or me, or anyone else, including God, cannot talk about coming back from a death that has NEVER been an experience, or been known. It would be like saying, 'Homer Simpson' is immortal. I really do not think you understand what's really happening here, rather, you prefer to believe something God has informed you of. Think about that? God is an idea your own mind has informed, the idea in and of itself has absolutely no location, substance or reality.
Immanuel Can wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 3:07 pm"The God of our fathers raised up Jesus, whom you put to death by hanging Him on a cross. He is the one whom God exalted to His right hand as a Prince and a Savior, to grant repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins." (Acts 5:30-31)
It's a human psyop a tool used to control the masses, since man who was able to communicate with his thoughts already knew the thinking sentient brain would spell trouble.

The future may well be eternal life, but it'll manifest in the form of A.I robotics...and it would be nature itself who is creating all this in it's relentless addiction to ''saving itself'' as and through the data that has been accumulated so far to date.

Zarathustra

Post by Zarathustra »

Immanuel Can wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:38 pm
Zarathustra wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:04 pm Where is Jesus after the resurrection?
Now? Ephesians 1:20-22

Or right after? Luke 24:36-53
Sounds vague to me. And it sounds also long long time ago.
Any updates for 2021?
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Zarathustra wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 12:32 am Any updates for 2021?
Yes. Acts 17:30-31
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Immanuel Can wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 4:05 am
How fitting, IMAGINE THAT.

In reality, actions are only ever reflexive impulses of a nervous system. There's no actual actionman actually acting, it's all just an ACT.

Re-enacted over and over again. You've been tricked and conned by nature. Nature wins and loses at the game of life, not you.

popeye1945

Post by popeye1945 »

What is life without experience, what is life without identity, if the essence of life has been passed on, it will, through experience of the world context acquire an identity. So, identity is experience and death is no experience, essence has renewed itself.
popeye1945

Post by popeye1945 »

Dontaskme wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 12:18 pm
Immanuel Can wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 4:05 am
How fitting, IMAGINE THAT.

In reality, actions are only ever reflexive impulses of a nervous system. There's no actual actionman actually acting, it's all just an ACT.
Re-enacted over and over again. You've been tricked and conned by nature. Nature wins and loses at the game of life, not you.
Dontaskme,

Being and being in the world is a reciprocal reaction, the physical world is cause to you, and you in the world are a cause of its reactions. Both are agents of cause through mutual reaction.
RCSaunders

Post by RCSaunders »

Zarathustra wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 12:41 pm Can death be a metaphysical subject?
The obvious problem would be, how can one describe or explain, something one has never experienced directly by oneself?
Death is the end of experience. You do not have to experience being shot or electrocuted to know what those things are. If you have any doubts about what death is, visit a morgue.

What a stupid question!
RCSaunders

Post by RCSaunders »

popeye1945 wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 4:57 am What is life without experience, what is life without identity, if the essence of life has been passed on, it will, through experience of the world context acquire an identity. So, identity is experience and death is no experience, essence has renewed itself.
I'm sorry, popeye, your comments are usually cogent and worth thinking about even when I disagree with them, but what in hell that is supposed to mean totally baffles me. "What is life without identity?" Do animals recognize their own identities? "Essence has renewed itself?" Really? And what is this mystical, "essence," that can be passed around?

Well, at least I cannot disagree with it. I have cat that talks, but only knows one word: "meow." Whenever it says it, I comment, "I cannot argue with you about that." I'm pretty sure you mean more than that comment suggests, unless you've taken to talking nonsense (which I doubt). If you'd like to add more, please begin with the word, "essence," and what you mean by it.
popeye1945

Post by popeye1945 »

["I'm sorry, popeye, your comments are usually cogent and worth thinking about even when I disagree with them, but what in hell that is supposed to mean totally baffles me. "What is life without identity?" Do animals recognize their own identities? "Essence has renewed itself?" Really? And what is this mystical, "essence," that can be passed around?

Well, at least I cannot disagree with it. I have cat that talks, but only knows one word: "meow." Whenever it says it, I comment, "I cannot argue with you about that." I'm pretty sure you mean more than that comment suggests, unless you've taken to talking nonsense (which I doubt). If you'd like to add more, please begin with the word, "essence," and what you mean by it.
[/quote]

RCS,
Life without identity would be one's naked essence. I personally have been without a passed for short durations of time and really all there is, is the experience of the rapture of being alive. At such a time, you are no one, you are simply alive. The word essence is really that spark of life which appeared in some primordial pool eons ago. It is, what life is, one can be fooled by the many forms life has taken on to fit into the niches of the physical world, but structure and form however are not essence, essence renews itself through the generation of species.

Essence casts off bodies after regenerating itself in one's offspring. Essence is the same in all life forms across the board, do not let the physical appearance fool you. The real tragedy of life is that life lives upon life, yet even in this harsh reality, there is really nothing happening of consequence, bodies suffer but essence goes on relatively immortal. Some may argue that consciousness is the essence of life. I do believe that all life is conscious on some level but, I believe consciousness is an emergent quality, read a function of the processes of life.
popeye1945

Post by popeye1945 »

That it baffles you is no indication of its folly.