Speed and perception

So what's really going on?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

paigetheoracle

Speed and perception

Post by paigetheoracle »

What the Dunning-Kruger Effect shows and how it relates Existentialism and especially Phenomenology is down to speed of thought and action versus, slowing down and observing reality in depth, that is overconfidence as opposed to lack of confidence and checking (scientific methodology). As they say still waters run deep and by implication fast waters are shallow: you either skim over a subject and gain general awareness or slow down and gain a more complex overview because you take in details that speed misses.

If you stay, you develop knowledge and depth. If you go, you sever all ties, all possibilities be they physical or mental (positive emotions draw you towards some point or person as negative one's repulse you). The more negatively emotional you are, the more likely you are to blow your top and move on. The more patient and tolerant you are, the more likely you are to stick with things and stay put, no matter what. These two states I designate Settlers and Pioneers.

By the way opinion is whether you like or dislike something as fact is what something is observed to 'be,' despite your opinion on whether it should exist or not. It is observable by other people in other words, even if you would like it hidden or obliterated. I have added this to my post for the benefit of those who will argue against the truth of the matter, rather than observe what I am saying in essence and that can be seen or not.