Infinity is real

So what's really going on?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Re: Infinity is real

Post by Age »

bahman wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:32 pm
Terrapin Station wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:22 pm
bahman wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:20 pm
So there is a problem. Could you rephrase your question, please?
You're claiming that space exists and has properties. I'm asking you to specify what exists and has properties without just repeating the word "space."
Information maybe in a pure vacuum. I don't know another alternative.
Does the phrase 'pure vacuum' imply there is nothing, and thus NOT some 'thing', like 'information', for example?
bahman

Post by bahman »

Age wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 9:26 pm
Terrapin Station wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:22 pm
You're claiming that space exists and has properties. I'm asking you to specify what exists and has properties without just repeating the word "space."
Does the phrase 'pure vacuum' imply there is nothing, and thus NOT some 'thing', like 'information', for example?
Pure vacuum implies that there is nothing in it. The pure vacuum is not nothing.

Post by Age »

bahman wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 9:07 pm
Age wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 9:01 pm
bahman wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 11:27 am
All are necessary and simple.

It is the absolute truth.

I know. I should have said think instead of believe in the first place.
Yes this is Correct, True, and Right, and therefore thee ACTUAL Truth of 'things'.
Cool. :mrgreen:
Age wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 4:14 am
bahman wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 11:27 am
Ok.

The universe has a beginning. So you are wrong in your belief that it is eternal.
But I do NOT 'believe'. So, I do NOT 'believe' that the Universe is eternal. We have gone through this before. Have you forgotten already?

Do you have ACTUAL proof that the Universe began?

If yes, then WHY is that said and CLAIMED "proof" NOT agreed with and NOT accepted by "others"?

Are you aware that if you did have ACTUAL 'proof', then 'that' would be irrefutable, and thus could be agreed with and accepted by EVERY one?

What you say and CLAIM is NOT accepted and NOT agreed with by EVERY one. And this is BECAUSE NOT all of what you say is Right, True, NOR Correct, (as can be proven true). Although this is obviously contrary to what you BELIEVE is true. Do you understand this FACT?
It is your belief. We have already been through this.
No we have NOT.

You are COMPLETELY FREE to BELIEVE whatever you want to BELIEVE. But you will ALWAYS BE WRONG whenever you make CLAIMS like you have here just now. I say this just so that you ARE AWARE.
bahman wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 11:27 am For the second case, infinite universe, why do you think that the universe cannot be bounded?
Because there is absolutely NOTHING that could bound It.
What do you mean? That is not reasoning.
If the word 'Universe' literally means Everything or ALL-THERE-IS, then 'that' can NOT, logically, be bounded, OBVIOUSLY.

Post by Age »

bahman wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 9:10 pm
Age wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 9:06 pm
bahman wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 11:33 am
Because I have a solid argument for it.

Yes, including yourself that think that the universe is eternal.

The proof is there.
Yet you can NOT provide "it".

And until you CAN provide ACTUAL proof, you are just going to continue FAULTING and FAILING, like you have been here.
Do you understand my argument?
What argument?

Also, was 'it' a sound and valid argument?
Age wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 4:23 am
bahman wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 11:33 am
I see what you are asking. And yes, they are living beings.
Really?

So, where are these, alleged and supposed, "living beings" called "dracula", "dragons", and "unicorns"?

Also, WHY is it only 'you', "bahman", here who BELIEVES that these 'things' are ACTUAL 'living beings'?
They are a living being as a matter of necessity, the whole is boundless.
Talk about 'NOT reasoning'.

They are, allegedly and supposedly, a 'necessity' to 'what', EXACTLY?

If the whole is boundless, or bounded, then this has absolutely NOTHING AT ALL to do whether some 'thing' exists as a real 'living thing' or not.
bahman

Post by bahman »

Age wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 9:33 pm
Age wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 9:01 pm

Yes this is Correct, True, and Right, and therefore thee ACTUAL Truth of 'things'.

But I do NOT 'believe'. So, I do NOT 'believe' that the Universe is eternal. We have gone through this before. Have you forgotten already?

Do you have ACTUAL proof that the Universe began?

If yes, then WHY is that said and CLAIMED "proof" NOT agreed with and NOT accepted by "others"?

Are you aware that if you did have ACTUAL 'proof', then 'that' would be irrefutable, and thus could be agreed with and accepted by EVERY one?

What you say and CLAIM is NOT accepted and NOT agreed with by EVERY one. And this is BECAUSE NOT all of what you say is Right, True, NOR Correct, (as can be proven true). Although this is obviously contrary to what you BELIEVE is true. Do you understand this FACT?
No we have NOT.

You are COMPLETELY FREE to BELIEVE whatever you want to BELIEVE. But you will ALWAYS BE WRONG whenever you make CLAIMS like you have here just now. I say this just so that you ARE AWARE.
It is alright. You could stay in the state of denial.

Because there is absolutely NOTHING that could bound It.
If the word 'Universe' literally means Everything or ALL-THERE-IS, then 'that' can NOT, logically, be bounded, OBVIOUSLY.
That really is not really an argument. ALl there is could be finite. What is wrong with that?
bahman

Post by bahman »

Age wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 9:37 pm

Yet you can NOT provide "it".

And until you CAN provide ACTUAL proof, you are just going to continue FAULTING and FAILING, like you have been here.
What argument?

Please read OP here. Of course they are sound arguments.
Age wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 4:23 am

Really?

So, where are these, alleged and supposed, "living beings" called "dracula", "dragons", and "unicorns"?

Also, WHY is it only 'you', "bahman", here who BELIEVES that these 'things' are ACTUAL 'living beings'?

Necessary to exist.
Age wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 9:06 pm If the whole is boundless, or bounded, then this has absolutely NOTHING AT ALL to do whether some 'thing' exists as a real 'living thing' or not.
It has.
Skepdick

Post by Skepdick »

Age wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 9:09 pm Because it is 'you', "skepdick" who BELIEVES that it is IMPOSSIBLE to SEE past the observable, correct?
Why do you believe that I believe that?

If you travel 14 gigaparsecs in any direction what would be observable to you won't be the same stuff that's observable to Earthlings.
Skepdick

Post by Skepdick »

Age wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 9:21 pm How does this, supposedly, 'logically' follow?

Obviously there can NOT actually be an 'effect' before a 'cause'. There can be, of course, however, a 'perceived' 'effect' without a 'cause'. But this does NOT mean that there was an 'effect' without a 'cause'. If one BELIEVES that it is possible to get 'effects' before 'causes', then this just means that one is NOT LOOKING and NOT SEEING ACCURATELY and CORRECTLY.
OK Age.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delayed_c ... tum_eraser
Skepdick

Post by Skepdick »

Terrapin Station wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:25 pm So you're saying that "space" refers to something that's a verb--that is, an action on something, rather than referring to something that's itself a substance?

Otherwise you either need to suggest something else for what space is, or we need to revise the claim that information would be a verb/an action (namely, the formation of a substance).
Why does it need "revisiting"?

The entire tradition of Western thought thinks in nouns in a universe that has none.

You morons forgot about change and time. Everything is a verb. Being is a verb.

Post by Age »

bahman wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 9:38 pm

No we have NOT.

SO, 'you' BELIEVE that you can tell me what thoughts are occurring here in this head, which I tell you they are NOT and so YOU ARE WRONG, but yet you want to then tell me that I am in a "state of denial". LOL

Who is in ACTUAL 'denial' here is OBVIOUS, NOW.
That really is not really an argument. ALl there is could be finite. What is wrong with that?
LOL 'bounded' by 'what', EXACTLY?

AND, how far out does that 'boundary' expand? Or, what is on the other side of that boundary, and then how far out does 'that' expand for?

Also, do NOT forget that ALL of these, laughably called "boundaries", are still just a part of the WHOLE Everything.

SEE, no matter which way you want to LOOK AT this you will ALWAYS arrive at ALL-THERE-IS being INFINITE, as well as ETERNAL by the way.

Post by Age »

bahman wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 9:29 pm
Pure vacuum implies that there is nothing in it.
SO, this would include that there is NO information in it also, correct?
bahman wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 9:29 pm The pure vacuum is not nothing.
Of course the 'pure vacuum' is NOT 'nothing' as 'it', itself, is OBVIOUSLY some 'thing'.

Post by Age »

bahman wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 9:42 pm
Age wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 9:37 pm
What argument?

Please read OP here. Of course they are sound arguments.
But NOT 'valid', correct?

By the way, I have ALREADY EXPLAINED and SHOWN how those, so called, "arguments" do NOT work, AT ALL. But because of those BELIEFS, within that head, you are COMPLETELY and UTTERLY BLINDED from SEEING this.

Necessary to exist.
LOL

'you', "bahman", are an expert at 'circular reasoning'.
Age wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 9:06 pm If the whole is boundless, or bounded, then this has absolutely NOTHING AT ALL to do whether some 'thing' exists as a real 'living thing' or not.
It has.
HOW EXACTLY?

Post by Age »

Skepdick wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:08 pm
Age wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 9:09 pm Because it is 'you', "skepdick" who BELIEVES that it is IMPOSSIBLE to SEE past the observable, correct?
Why do you believe that I believe that?
1. I do NOT 'believe' that.

2. I am just asking for CLARITY whether you 'believe' that or not.

Your refusal to just answer a VERY SIMPLE and VERY STRAIGHTFORWARD question REVEALS more about 'you' than 'I'.
Skepdick wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:08 pm If you travel 14 gigaparsecs in any direction what would be observable to you won't be the same stuff that's observable to Earthlings.
bahman

Post by bahman »

Age wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:25 pm

No we have NOT.

SO, 'you' BELIEVE that you can tell me what thoughts are occurring here in this head, which I tell you they are NOT and so YOU ARE WRONG, but yet you want to then tell me that I am in a "state of denial". LOL

Who is in ACTUAL 'denial' here is OBVIOUS, NOW.
You.

LOL 'bounded' by 'what', EXACTLY?

AND, how far out does that 'boundary' expand? Or, what is on the other side of that boundary, and then how far out does 'that' expand for?

Also, do NOT forget that ALL of these, laughably called "boundaries", are still just a part of the WHOLE Everything.

SEE, no matter which way you want to LOOK AT this you will ALWAYS arrive at ALL-THERE-IS being INFINITE, as well as ETERNAL by the way.
Don't you see? You are arguing the same way I argue.
bahman

Post by bahman »

Age wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:27 pm
bahman wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 9:29 pm

Pure vacuum implies that there is nothing in it.
SO, this would include that there is NO information in it also, correct?
That is called the classical regime.
bahman wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 9:29 pm The pure vacuum is not nothing.
Of course the 'pure vacuum' is NOT 'nothing' as 'it', itself, is OBVIOUSLY some 'thing'.
Cool.