Post by commonsense »

Phbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt
bahman

Re: "I think therefore I am" as a statement of change

Post by bahman »

Eodnhoj7 wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:26 pm
bahman wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:23 pm
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:21 pm

It occurs through recursion where "think" and "am-ness" are the "I" repeated through a variation. The "I" is repeated through a multitude of actions.
It is the same "I".
Yet it manifests itself different through a variety of actions...
It is the same "I". It is just exposed to different experiences, it then decides differently, and it finally causes.
Eodnhoj7

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

bahman wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 3:08 am
bahman wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:23 pm
It is the same "I".
It is the same "I". It is just exposed to different experiences, it then decides differently, and it finally causes.
The "I" variates through its actions. Each action is a variation of the "I".
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Eodnhoj7 wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 5:35 pm

I only identifies the 'eye' of the beholder - in this case - consciousness - the fact that the I the 'eye' is consciously aware (of the fact that it perceives)
bahman

Post by bahman »

No, since "I" refers to a substance that does not change. It has abilities though.
DPMartin

Post by DPMartin »

Eodnhoj7 wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 2:48 am "I think therefore I am" necessitates the "I" as existing through an action that stems from it. "Think" can be replaced with "x" thus showing the "I" as existing through the actions which form it. Action is existence as that which acts is a mode of change as change itself. All being is grounded in change thus to change is to prove existence. The "am-ness" of "I" is the change of "I" reflecting upon itself from a seperate vantage point thus expressing the change of "I" from one state to multiple states.
it seems proof of life is what you're talking about. I am that I am is revelation, of one's self to one's self, and to anyone or thing else. but the only existence necessary is one's self to be revealed to one's self in order to be alive. though that in and of itself is an action, no physical action is required.
Eodnhoj7

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

attofishpi wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 7:59 pm
I only identifies the 'eye' of the beholder - in this case - consciousness - the fact that the I the 'eye' is consciously aware (of the fact that it perceives)
All being occurs through observation. Observation is an action.
Eodnhoj7

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

bahman wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 8:22 pm
No, since "I" refers to a substance that does not change. It has abilities though.
The "I" changes through the actions it produces. Acting "x" way then "y" way is to observe the "I" manifest itself through "x" then "y".
Eodnhoj7

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

DPMartin wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 5:39 pm
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 2:48 am "I think therefore I am" necessitates the "I" as existing through an action that stems from it. "Think" can be replaced with "x" thus showing the "I" as existing through the actions which form it. Action is existence as that which acts is a mode of change as change itself. All being is grounded in change thus to change is to prove existence. The "am-ness" of "I" is the change of "I" reflecting upon itself from a seperate vantage point thus expressing the change of "I" from one state to multiple states.
it seems proof of life is what you're talking about. I am that I am is revelation, of one's self to one's self, and to anyone or thing else. but the only existence necessary is one's self to be revealed to one's self in order to be alive. though that in and of itself is an action, no physical action is required.
Observation and thought is an action. Action is not limited to what is physical.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Eodnhoj7 wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 10:43 pm

If consciousness is an action, then so what? Consciousness would not exist without the action of events within atomic matter (in this case our brains)

Again, so what is your point?
DPMartin

Post by DPMartin »

Eodnhoj7 wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 10:45 pm
Observation and thought is an action. Action is not limited to what is physical.
what do you think I just said? if you're thinking and aware of it, that is acknowledging that one's self is. I am that I am.
Eodnhoj7

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

attofishpi wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 1:55 pm

If consciousness is an action, then so what? Consciousness would not exist without the action of events within atomic matter (in this case our brains)

The "I" repeats itself through variation, much in the same manner 2,3,4...etc. are variations of 1 repeating itself into newer form.
Eodnhoj7

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

DPMartin wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 4:17 pm
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 10:45 pm

what do you think I just said? if you're thinking and aware of it, that is acknowledging that one's self is. I am that I am.
I read it wrong.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Eodnhoj7 wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 6:17 pm

The "I" repeats itself through variation, much in the same manner 2,3,4...etc. are variations of 1 repeating itself into newer form.
I'm not sure I follow. Are you saying that I am conscious of observing an apple, but then I look at at orange..that the 'I' has changed?
Eodnhoj7

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

attofishpi wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 2:07 am
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 6:17 pm

I'm not sure I follow. Are you saying that I am conscious of observing an apple, but then I look at at orange..that the 'I' has changed?
Yes.