Our continuous experience

So what's really going on?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

bahman

Our continuous experience

Post by bahman »

The change is discrete. We however only experience motion between a change. That is how things look continuous.

Re: Our continuous experience

Post by Age »

bahman wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 9:55 pm The change is discrete. We however only experience motion between a change. That is how things look continuous.
What do you mean "the change is discrete"?

Change is NOT 'discrete', to 'me'. Change IS OBVIOUSLY 'continuous', to 'me'.

I also do NOT 'only' experience motion 'between' change. I NOTICE the continual motion of change. To 'me', there is 'only' One 'thing' changing in way, shape, and form ALWAYS and CONTINUALLY.

WHY perceived 'things' look continuous is because they are continually changing.
bahman

Post by bahman »

Age wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:11 am
bahman wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 9:55 pm The change is discrete. We however only experience motion between a change. That is how things look continuous.
I mean when you move your hand, your hand positions are discrete in space.
Age wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:11 am Change is NOT 'discrete', to 'me'. Change IS OBVIOUSLY 'continuous', to 'me'.
What you are suggesting is the classical regime, what appears to you, which is different from what reality is.
Age wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:11 am I also do NOT 'only' experience motion 'between' change. I NOTICE the continual motion of change. To 'me', there is 'only' One 'thing' changing in way, shape, and form ALWAYS and CONTINUALLY.
That is not the way things are.
Age wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:11 am WHY perceived 'things' look continuous is because they are continually changing.
Perceiving does not mean that what you see is real. There is no color in the reality yet you perceive it.
Dimebag

Post by Dimebag »

bahman wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:06 pm
Age wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:11 am Change is NOT 'discrete', to 'me'. Change IS OBVIOUSLY 'continuous', to 'me'.
What you are suggesting is the classical regime, what appears to you, which is different from what reality is.
Age wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:11 am I also do NOT 'only' experience motion 'between' change. I NOTICE the continual motion of change. To 'me', there is 'only' One 'thing' changing in way, shape, and form ALWAYS and CONTINUALLY.
Age wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:11 am WHY perceived 'things' look continuous is because they are continually changing.
Perceiving does not mean that what you see is real. There is no color in the reality yet you perceive it.
Suppose the speed of some object is continually halved, by firing particles at it to slow it down, do you suppose at some point you will notice its movement as moving “pixel by pixel”?

I think not. Space is infinitely divisible, and therefore so is change.
bahman

Post by bahman »

Dimebag wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 3:35 am
bahman wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:06 pm
Suppose the speed of some object is continually halved, by firing particles at it to slow it down, do you suppose at some point you will notice its movement as moving “pixel by pixel”?

I think not. Space is infinitely divisible, and therefore so is change.
To know whether particle moves discretely one needs a measurement with a high precision technique. It can be shown that the photon energy for such detection is so high that the photon turns into a black hole and change the structure of space-time so the measurement is impossible in the Plank regime.