Mind has no location

So what's really going on?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

AlexW

Re: Mind has no location

Post by AlexW »

bahman wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 9:50 pm In here we discuss that the reality is made of two things, minds and ideas. Minds are not due to/subjected to ideas. Therefore, they have no location.
Question: How can there be minds - meaning: why more than one mind?
If these minds do not have locations, then its utterly impossible to separate them from each other.

I would agree with the following:
Reality is made of mind (which, to me, is the same as consciousness) and conceptual/interpreted reality is made of ideas.
bahman

Re: Mind has no location

Post by bahman »

AlexW wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 12:20 am
bahman wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 9:50 pm In here we discuss that the reality is made of two things, minds and ideas. Minds are not due to/subjected to ideas. Therefore, they have no location.
Question: How can there be minds - meaning: why more than one mind?
I have an argument for that. But first I have to show that any change in a system is due to a conscious mind (please read the argument in the following). There are however changes that are not due to your conscious mind. Therefore, there are other conscious minds.

The argument: Think of a system that undergoes a change, X to Y. X and Y cannot lay at the same point since you cannot have change. This however requires that X vanishes before Y takes place. There is however nothing when X vanishes and nothing cannot possibly cause Y. Therefore, there must be a conscious mind which experiences X and causes Y.
AlexW wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 12:20 am If these minds do not have locations, then its utterly impossible to separate them from each other.
No, if each mind somehow is related to a body. It is through the body that the mind is able to perceive information.
AlexW wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 12:20 am I would agree with the following:
Reality is made of mind (which, to me, is the same as consciousness) and conceptual/interpreted reality is made of ideas.
Great. I also think that objects are ideas too manipulated by other minds.