Reality

So what's really going on?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Post Reply
User avatar
bahman
Posts: 3211
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2016 3:52 pm

Reality

Post by bahman »

Reality is made of minds and ideas.

We cannot deny the existence of ideas and their motion. They come and go. They, however, become more coherent over time. This means that they are processed. Here we have two options: 1) The process is due to nothing or 2) The process is due to something (a thing which exists). Nothing is indifferent so it cannot process. Therefore, the process is due to something with the ability of processing, so-called mind.
surreptitious57
Posts: 4217
Joined: Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:09 am

Re: Reality

Post by surreptitious57 »

All thoughts or ideas are from a scientific perspective electro chemical signalling occurring within the brain
The brain is the physical organ and the mind is the process that enables it to function at all its various levels
User avatar
bahman
Posts: 3211
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2016 3:52 pm

Re: Reality

Post by bahman »

surreptitious57 wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 10:41 pm All thoughts or ideas are from a scientific perspective electro chemical signalling occurring within the brain
The brain is the physical organ and the mind is the process that enables it to function at all its various levels
The mind is not the process. It is the one that does the process.
User avatar
bahman
Posts: 3211
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2016 3:52 pm

Re: Reality

Post by bahman »

surreptitious57 wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 10:41 pm All thoughts or ideas are from a scientific perspective electro chemical signalling occurring within the brain
The brain is the physical organ and the mind is the process that enables it to function at all its various levels
The mind is not the process. It is the one that does the process.
commonsense
Posts: 2566
Joined: Sun Mar 26, 2017 6:38 pm

Re: Reality

Post by commonsense »

bahman wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 8:22 pm Reality is made of minds and ideas.

We cannot deny the existence of ideas and their motion. They come and go. They, however, become more coherent over time. This means that they are processed. Here we have two options: 1) The process is due to nothing or 2) The process is due to something (a thing which exists). Nothing is indifferent so it cannot process. Therefore, the process is due to something with the ability of processing, so-called mind.
Why do you say that ideas become more coherent with time? Aren’t there ideas that are improperly processed?
User avatar
bahman
Posts: 3211
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2016 3:52 pm

Re: Reality

Post by bahman »

commonsense wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 1:41 am
bahman wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 8:22 pm Reality is made of minds and ideas.

We cannot deny the existence of ideas and their motion. They come and go. They, however, become more coherent over time. This means that they are processed. Here we have two options: 1) The process is due to nothing or 2) The process is due to something (a thing which exists). Nothing is indifferent so it cannot process. Therefore, the process is due to something with the ability of processing, so-called mind.
Why do you say that ideas become more coherent with time? Aren’t there ideas that are improperly processed?
There are ideas that are improperly processed. But at the end of the day, you realize the mistake in the process and start processing again with the aim to reach coherent in a system of thinking.
Post Reply