Nondual Philosophy

So what's really going on?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Dontaskme

Nondual Philosophy

Post by Dontaskme »

Nondualism, also called non-duality, means "not two" or "one undivided without a second". Nondualism primarily refers to a mature state of consciousness, in which the dichotomy of I-other is "transcended", and awareness is described as "centreless" and "without dichotomies".

Nondual philosophy is an important, yet often ignored branch of the same self-aware philosophical tree of KNOWLEDGE.

So stop treating it like it's some alien objectionable subject that does not belong on this forum. You know who you are. It's really quite ironic, in that the thoughts of the most famous philosophers of both past and present are often discussed here on this very forum.
And that they actually express their philosophical thoughts using a terminology that is of a nondual narrative.

So pack it in, enough is enough, it's time for real truth to be heard. It's time to [ E - X - P - A - N - D ] the mind, not shut it down and censor it.

Lacewing

Re: Nondual Philosophy

Post by Lacewing »

Perhaps objections and challenges are in response to how such claims might be presented, distorted, or used in association with ego under the guise of something else -- like a lot of religions do?

For example:
Dontaskme wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 9:06 am Nondualism primarily refers to a mature state of consciousness
Is there an "other" state? Why would there be?
Dontaskme wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 9:06 am it's time for real truth to be heard. It's time to [ E - X - P - A - N - D ] the mind
Are you suggesting that this is not already happening? What "else" is there? What are you seeing/thinking?

See, DAM, what I've noticed about your approach to these discussions is that (at times) you seem to bounce between your own (dual) "stuff" creeping in and your elusive "word salads" about "no one and nothing", neither of which are easy to navigate truthfully. I can understand your frustration in wanting to share something that you find profound... while (perhaps?) at the same time feeling compelled to lash out at the "otherness" you claim doesn't exist. So... do you see that? What does it mean? Can we explore truth rather than claiming "answers"? Or is that not as fun/fulfilling? :)

Post by Age »

Dontaskme wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 9:06 am Nondualism, also called non-duality, means "not two" or "one undivided without a second". Nondualism primarily refers to a mature state of consciousness, in which the dichotomy of I-other is "transcended", and awareness is described as "centreless" and "without dichotomies".

Nondual philosophy is an important, yet often ignored branch of the same self-aware philosophical tree of KNOWLEDGE.

So stop treating it like it's some alien objectionable subject that does not belong on this forum. You know who you are. It's really quite ironic, in that the thoughts of the most famous philosophers of both past and present are often discussed here on this very forum.
And that they actually express their philosophical thoughts using a terminology that is of a nondual narrative.

So pack it in, enough is enough, it's time for real truth to be heard. It's time to [ E - X - P - A - N - D ] the mind, not shut it down and censor it.

If it really is the time for the real truth to be heard, then let us hear It.

Can the Mind, Itself, really be expanded anymore? If so, then how?

Also, if there really is a terminology that is of a nondual narrative, which I know and say there is, then the real truth would be explaining and understanding non-duality can be very simply and very easily explained and understood, correct?

I KNOW how impossible it seems to explain non-duality and be FULLY understood. I am the first to admit that the learning of how to explain ALL-OF-THIS so that It is fully understood takes some time. But, I also KNOW once learned, and thus also known, how to explain ALL-OF-THIS so that It is fully understood, then the speed of passing this knowledge and the simplicity of It being learned and fully understood is exponential beyond what is imagined in the days of when this is being written.

There is a common sense, and common knowledge, a common knowing within ALL, which when found and uncovered reveals thy True Self, which is just thee One 'I'. This One 'I' is thee Truly OPEN Mind, which is able to SEE and KNOW ALL. The real truth is this 'I' has NO "other" and is NOT the human 'i', which It usually gets confused with.

'That' what EVERY one agrees with is the real Truth of things, which is what unites EVERY one together as thee One.
Impenitent

Post by Impenitent »

nonduel philosophy is fine but pistols at dawn is better...

-Imp
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

So what is happening - what is Nondual Reality?

It's all a spontaneous occurence of the Light of Being. Your not the occurence...your the Source.

The source is no place here now. It's all pure emptiness appearing full.

Seeing is happening..
No one who sees ...

Hearing is happening
No one who hears ...

Thinking is happening
No one who thinks ...

It's simply spontaneous occurence ...

The notion of being a someone or an entity is the illusion... which is found in the sense of I. That I sense produces a feeling of being located in space and time. The I also holds all life experiences as energy ...giving the sensation of being a person.

Your not the image on the screen Of the movie... you are the Light itself. The movie constantly changes , but not the Light.

It's through Consciousness that awakening happens... this awakening is Consciousness being liberated from the person. Consciousness sees it is not a person.

You were never born, you can never die ...you are vast, eternal, you flow everywhere, the body is inside what you are.

NON-DUALITY is this immediate NOT-KNOWING knowing.

KNOWLEDGE can only inform the illusory nature of reality.

Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Lacewing wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 4:24 pm Can we explore truth rather than claiming "answers"? Or is that not as fun/fulfilling? :)
Nonduality the one question to all our answers.

Are we having fun yet? :D

Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Dontaskme wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:15 am
Lacewing wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 4:24 pm Can we explore truth rather than claiming "answers"? Or is that not as fun/fulfilling? :)

Why don't you add some dressing to that word salad... it's rather dry and boring.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Dontaskme wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:59 am The source is no place here now. It's all pure emptiness appearing full.

Seeing is happening..
No one who sees ...

Hearing is happening
No one who hears ...

Thinking is happening
No one who thinks ...
So, who the fuck cares?
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Lacewing wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 4:31 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:15 am

Why don't you add some dressing to that word salad... it's rather dry and boring.
Probably because words are empty, and since the menu is never the food, I’ll leave some food for thought, which is more emptiness 🤯..so what can the mind do with it’s own emptiness, but dress it up a bit ....tada! 🥗
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Lacewing wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 4:32 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:59 am The source is no place here now. It's all pure emptiness appearing full.

Seeing is happening..
No one who sees ...

Hearing is happening
No one who hears ...

Thinking is happening
No one who thinks ...
So, who the fuck cares?
No one. 🤦‍♀️
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Dontaskme wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 6:44 pm

Seeing is happening..
No one who sees ...

Hearing is happening
No one who hears ...

Thinking is happening
No one who thinks ...
So, who the fuck cares?
No one. 🤦‍♀️
That was my point. :D Again we agree!
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Lacewing wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 7:29 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 6:44 pm
So, who the fuck cares?
No one. 🤦‍♀️
That was my point. :D Again we agree!
It’s no ones point. So I disagree.
surreptitious57

Post by surreptitious57 »

Nondual reality is simply reality because it is one single monolithic entity no more / no less
Now we split it up and put it into different boxes but reality cannot really be split up at all
Because it is one continuous stream of existence from no beginning right through to no end
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

surreptitious57 wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:07 pm Nondual reality
is simply reality
Because it is one continuous stream of existence
from no beginning right through to no end
:D Indeed!

It's Alpha and Omega's Kingdom Come. Amen!