What is an Atheist?

So what's really going on?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Immanuel Can

Re: What is an Atheist?

Post by Immanuel Can »

attofishpi wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 2:15 pm There U go Poppy - some fodder above.
Atheists don't like to be identified as such, except when they're in attack mode.

In defensive mode, they retreat into the multiple identities I listed earlier, and equivocate among them so you can't pin them down.

But as soon as you stop pressing them to state their position, they're going to leap back out with total confidence that they know that God can't possibly exist, and go to mockery.

That's how they operate. They're just not honest, because they sense -- and fear -- that their Atheism is not rationally defensible. So they retreat by squirting ink, like squids.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Immanuel Can wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 2:45 pm
attofishpi wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 2:15 pm There U go Poppy - some fodder above.
Atheists don't like to be identified as such, except when they're in attack mode.

In defensive mode, they retreat into the multiple identities I listed earlier, and equivocate among them so you can't pin them down.

But as soon as you stop pressing them to state their position, they're going to leap back out with total confidence that they know that God can't possibly exist, and go to mockery.

That's how they operate. They're just not honest, because they sense -- and fear -- that their Atheism is not rationally defensible. So they retreat by squirting ink, like squids.
IC - all above is your bigotry, not mine, not my ideals of what being Christian is. (it demands a lot more intelligence)
uwot

Post by uwot »

uwot wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 10:12 am...snake oil salesmen like Alvin Plantinga, Michael Behe, William Lane Craig whose bollocks Mr Can is tickled by have thought about it. Thing is, they started from a position of faith, and then thought about how to justify it.
popeye1945 wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 10:23 amUnsucessfully!
Well, I'm guessing the people they most want to persuade is themselves. I'm also guessing that they have had some success in that respect. There is also their credulous peers they might want to persuade - sells a few books.
uwot

Post by uwot »

Immanuel Can wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 2:45 pmAtheists don't like to be identified as such, except when they're in attack mode.

It's easy, you dumb fuck: atheists such as yours truly do not believe in any god.
Immanuel Can wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 2:45 pmBut as soon as you stop pressing them to state their position, they're going to leap back out with total confidence that they know that God can't possibly exist, and go to mockery.
No Mr Can, I'm sticking with 'I don't believe in gods'. The mockery is aimed squarely at you, because you are a fucking idiot.
Immanuel Can wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 2:45 pmThat's how they operate. They're just not honest, because they sense -- and fear -- that their Atheism is not rationally defensible.
Mr Can, I can defend 'I don't believe in gods' all day long.
Immanuel Can wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 2:45 pmSo they retreat by squirting ink, like squids.
Well aren't you the poet, Mr Can?
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

attofishpi wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 2:49 pm

IC - all above is your bigotry,
No. It's observable fact. You can see it for yourself, if you want to look.
popeye1945

Post by popeye1945 »

You are all ready to petty for me to bother with. Feeling a little paranoid are we? If you can not tolerate your views being challenged your in the wrong place. Be nice, the magic man in the sky is watching you!!!
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

popeye1945 wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 10:30 pm
You are all ready to petty for me to bother with. Feeling a little paranoid are we? If you can not tolerate your views being challenged your in the wrong place. Be nice, the magic man in the sky is watching you!!!
Well that's good. I find dealing with muppets that cannot even grasp basic grammar and spelling really annoying, allow me to correct the above..

Poppy should have wrote:-
You are already too petty for me to bother with. Feeling a little paranoid are we? If you can not tolerate your views being challenged you're in the wrong place.

Also, I was the one that challenged you and clearly you have declined, do you suffer from amnesia as well as dyslexia?
popeye1945

Post by popeye1945 »

That's NOT nice--- lol!!
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

attofishpi wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 11:22 pm
Well that's good. I find dealing with muppets that cannot even grasp basic grammar and spelling really annoying, allow me to correct the above..

You are already too petty for me to bother with. Feeling a little paranoid are we? If you can not tolerate your views being challenged you're in the wrong place.

Also, I was the one that challenged you and clearly you have declined, do you suffer from amnesia as well as dyslexia?
Atto should have written:
“Poppy should have written:-
You are already too petty for me to bother with you. Feeling a little paranoid , are we? If you cannot tolerate your views being challenged , you're in the wrong place.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

commonsense wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 10:27 pm
attofishpi wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 11:22 pm

Atto should have written:
“Poppy should have written:-
You are already too petty for me to bother with you. Feeling a little paranoid , are we? If you cannot tolerate your views being challenged , you're in the wrong place.
LMAO! The ONLY thing you got correct, but I decided to leave it in place, was the CANNOT..I left it, because it IS still grammatically correct, if one wants to make a 'harder hitting' point, you can NOT understand this!!?
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

All beliefs exist to be defended, else what's the point in a belief.

No person can know their maker, for one good reason, go figure. Now, a person can be aware of itself, yes this is self-evident, and there is no need for a belief in that knowing...but this self-awareness has no knowledge of it's origin, in the sense it has been created. That belief that it has been created can never be known for sure, as the believed created one has never known or seen it's creator...The point is..no one can know their creator, and certainly for sure can never see it.

So we are all in the same one quandary about the notion of a creator God...including you.

And just because you do not attack others for questioning your own belief, does not make you a saint....because you yourself if backed into a corner where your life was on the line would react like everyone else and defend yourself in the most undignified way.

Also, are you not also guilty of mockery when you lead the unbelievers to quotes that condemn them to places called eternal hell fire?
But then you'll even defend yourself from having done that by saying God informs this, not me. And you will say that because in reality you simply do NOT KNOW...so passing the knower buck onto something else is just so easy for you, save you having to think real hard about it...save you having to admit that what you know, will always be coming from a self bias personal conclusion...and not from some divine intervention.

Heck, you might even put me on your ignore list, save you having to face the actual truth...isn't that just a form of passive aggressiveness against anyone who dare to question what you personally believe?

I mean if you are so certain your belief is the only belief worth of having...then what's to stop other people from having the same sense of entitlement from their own self-bias conclusions?

Intelligent people just admit they do not know...and leave the rest to belief...which we all have, even the non-believer has a belief...it's like beliefs all the way down...that's all...

Post by Age »

popeye1945 wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 9:28 am Atto,

To believe, to be sure, without evidence is irrational. To state certainty without the ability to know is a logical fallacy.
Yet here you are committing the exact same logical fallacy.
popeye1945 wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 9:28 am The only proper position is a statement of mystery-------- I don't know!!!
If one does NOT YET KNOW, then ONLY THEN that is the proper AND correct position.

Just for information I ask a LOT of CLARIFYING QUESITONS, just to SEE WHEN, and IF, people are Honest and do DISCLOSE, 'I do NOT (YET) know'.

Post by Age »

attofishpi wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 9:34 am
popeye1945 wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 9:28 am Atto,

To believe, to be sure, without evidence is irrational. To state certainty without the ability to know is a logical fallacy. The only proper position is a statement of mystery-------- I don't know!!!
Poppy, without evidence U will never know.

To know God exists simply requires having faith,
But just 'having faith' is NOT necessary 'knowing' God exists AT ALL.

To KNOW God exists is to have IRREFUTABLE PROOF, AS WELL as KNOWING who and what God IS, EXACTLY.
attofishpi wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 9:34 am and then God giving U the individual evidence, that it exists. (my case)
Would you like to SHARE this 'evidence' with the readers here?

If no, then WHY NOT?
attofishpi wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 9:34 am To know God does NOT exist, requires knowing EVERYTHING about the universe, and possibly multiverse, should other 'verses' exist.
Could one 'argue', the same way you did, and just CLAIM that to know God does NOT exist simply 'requires faith'?

If they can NOT 'argue' this way, then WHY could you?

Oh, and by the way, "other verses" do NOT exist.

This is because there is ONLY One Universe, which IS; infinite and eternal.

Post by Age »

uwot wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 10:12 am
popeye1945 wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 9:57 amFaith is simply a license not to think. Faith is nothing!!
Say what you like about the likes of Mr Can ('He's a blithering halfwit' is my preferred option) yer can't say he hasn't thought about it. Or at least snake oil salesmen like Alvin Plantinga, Michael Behe, William Lane Craig whose bollocks Mr Can is tickled by have thought about it. Thing is, they started from a position of faith, and then thought about how to justify it.
A bit like how some people started with the position of faith that the Universe BEGAN, and then have sought out to 'TRY TO' justify 'it'.

What ALL of these people are Truly UNAWARE of is that it IS the EXACT SAME three words WHY ALL of these "religious" AND "scientific" people have in common and SHARE is the EXACT SAME 'position' that the Universe BEGAN.

BEGAN or CREATED by WHO or by WHAT is the ONLY DIFFERENCE here between these peoples.

And MANY MILLENNIA has been SPENT, or WASTED, on 'TRYING TO' justify that 'position, of faith', that the Universe BEGAN.

Post by Age »

Sculptor wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 11:01 am
TheVisionofEr wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 11:41 pm One who does not believe in the Good. The Good is a speculative notion derived on the basis of the empirical observation of the better.
I think you have a couple of spelling mistakes here.
You have added an "o" to a concept changing its meaning.

I am not a doog lover, but I love dogs.

God is a speculative nothing based on a failing to answer key questions about the universe.
That that is what God IS, to you, it could be said and argued is just YOUR OWN speculative nothing based on YOUR FAILING to answer CLARIFYING QUESTIONS.
Sculptor wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 11:01 am Good is that which pleases us, Bad is that which does not.
Your post is bad. It does not please me since it has mistakes of thinking in it.
Do ANY of your posts have 'mistakes of thinking in them'?

Do ALL of your posts 'please you'?