An Analogy, From Physical To Mind

So what's really going on?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Skepdick
Posts: 4811
Joined: Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:16 am

Re: An Analogy, From Physical To Mind

Post by Skepdick »

surreptitious57 wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:11 am
Age wrote:
If you like gaps in your knowledge and understanding then that is perfectly okay with me
I will always have gaps in my knowledge and understanding and so it is not a problem for me
My sense of detachment means I have no great desire to know absolutely everything anyway
Every time I come across this sentiment, I post this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTDBWHnyojI
Age
Posts: 5069
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:17 am

Re: An Analogy, From Physical To Mind

Post by Age »

surreptitious57 wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:11 am
Age wrote:
If you like gaps in your knowledge and understanding then that is perfectly okay with me
I will always have gaps in my knowledge and understanding and so it is not a problem for me
My sense of detachment means I have no great desire to know absolutely everything anyway
I think you will find that it is, as far as I am aware, impossible for one human being to know absolutely every thing anyway.
surreptitious57
Posts: 4217
Joined: Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:09 am

Re: An Analogy, From Physical To Mind

Post by surreptitious57 »

Skepdick wrote:
surreptitious57 wrote:
I will always have gaps in my knowledge and understanding and so it is not a problem for me
My sense of detachment means I have no great desire to know absolutely everything anyway
Every time I come across this sentiment I post this video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTDBWHnyojI
He is absolutely right and so it is important to accept this limitation
But it should never stop us from learning as much as we possibly can
Age
Posts: 5069
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:17 am

Re: An Analogy, From Physical To Mind

Post by Age »

surreptitious57 wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:43 am
Skepdick wrote:
surreptitious57 wrote:
I will always have gaps in my knowledge and understanding and so it is not a problem for loop
My sense of detachment means I have no great desire to know absolutely everything anyway
Every time I come across this sentiment I post this video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTDBWHnyojI
He is absolutely right and so it is important to accept this limitation
But it should never stop us from learning as much as we possibly can
If this last sentence is correct, then what is stopping you from filling in all of those gaps of knowledge that you have now?
surreptitious57
Posts: 4217
Joined: Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:09 am

Re: An Analogy, From Physical To Mind

Post by surreptitious57 »

Age wrote:
If this last sentence is correct then what is stopping you from filling in all of those gaps of knowledge that you have now
I do not spend all of my free time acquiring knowledge but even if I did there is only so much I could acquire at any one time
So it is not something that could be done instantaneously and there would always be new knowledge that I had yet to acquire
Marlenevek
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Aug 28, 2019 4:58 pm

An Analogy From Physical To Mind

Post by Marlenevek »

If youre suffering from mental ailments, then youre very lucky because as per Emile Coue - physical ailments are far more easily cured than the mental ones, which include diabetes, BP, ulcers, cancers, anemia and all sorts of such problems. There is absolutely no exaggeration in this
Please seek help here.
Post Reply