Ultimate Reality

So what's really going on?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

surreptitious57
Posts: 3618
Joined: Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:09 am

Re: Ultimate Reality

Post by surreptitious57 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:48 am

Dontaskme wrote:
Try to resist the urge to plant a seed of thought that is yours into another head as if it was their thought too
What other minds do with my thoughts has got absolutely nothing to do with me as I have zero intention of implanting anything in them
My reason for expressing my thoughts is for other minds to correct me when I am wrong and not for me to educate them to think as I do

Skepdick
Posts: 1846
Joined: Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:16 am

Re: Ultimate Reality

Post by Skepdick » Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:57 am

surreptitious57 wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:48 am
What other minds do with my thoughts has got absolutely nothing to do with me as I have zero intention of implanting anything in them
My reason for expressing my thoughts is for other minds to correct me when I am wrong and not for me to educate them to think as I do
So you want other minds to plant seeds in your head? You want other minds to educate you to think as they do ;)

User avatar
Dontaskme
Posts: 7073
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:07 pm
Location: Nowhere

Re: Ultimate Reality

Post by Dontaskme » Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:03 am

surreptitious57 wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:48 am
Dontaskme wrote:
Try to resist the urge to plant a seed of thought that is yours into another head as if it was their thought too
What other minds do with my thoughts has got absolutely nothing to do with me as I have zero intention of implanting anything in them
My reason for expressing my thoughts is for other minds to correct me when I am wrong and not for me to educate them to think as I do

Other minds are your own creation here in you, you are the author of both yourself and other.

No other can correct what only you are author to.

It's wise not to throw rocks at your mirror reflection, there is no one in there but you here.

.

surreptitious57
Posts: 3618
Joined: Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:09 am

Re: Ultimate Reality

Post by surreptitious57 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:08 am

Skepdick wrote:
So you want other minds to plant seeds in your head ? You want other minds to educate you to think as they do ?
This is not a commutative process - it only works one way - other minds can tell me what to think but not the reverse
And so I see no reason for indoctrinating other minds to think like me because they should be thinking for themselves

Skepdick
Posts: 1846
Joined: Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:16 am

Re: Ultimate Reality

Post by Skepdick » Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:12 am

surreptitious57 wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:08 am
This is not a commutative process - it only works one way - other minds can tell me what to think but not the reverse
And so I see no reason for indoctrinating other minds to think like me because they should be thinking for themselves
I agree, but I am simply asking why you aren't doing the same e.g think for yourself?

Why do you want other minds to indoctrinate you?

surreptitious57
Posts: 3618
Joined: Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:09 am

Re: Ultimate Reality

Post by surreptitious57 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:21 am

Skepdick wrote:
I agree but I am simply asking why you arent doing the same eg think for yourself ?

Why do you want other minds to indoctrinate you ?
I dont have a monopoly on wisdom so therefore need other minds to educate me
They can increase my knowledge and understanding of everything I need to know

I Like Sushu
Posts: 111
Joined: Fri Jun 28, 2019 10:03 am

Re: Ultimate Reality

Post by I Like Sushu » Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:23 am

Skepdick wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:12 am
surreptitious57 wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:08 am
This is not a commutative process - it only works one way - other minds can tell me what to think but not the reverse
And so I see no reason for indoctrinating other minds to think like me because they should be thinking for themselves
I agree, but I am simply asking why you aren't doing the same e.g think for yourself?

Why do you want other minds to indoctrinate you?
Sounds to me like you’re trying to tell him how to think for himself ... er ... ? Trying to indoctrinate someone not to be indoctrinated is a kind if indoctrination isn’t it? Or is it only merely ‘suggestion’ when you say it and ‘manipulation’/‘indoctrination’ when another utters something remotely askance of your own personal ‘indoctrination’?

Word play ... yawn :P

User avatar
Dontaskme
Posts: 7073
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:07 pm
Location: Nowhere

Re: Ultimate Reality

Post by Dontaskme » Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:45 am

surreptitious57 wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:21 am
Skepdick wrote:
I agree but I am simply asking why you arent doing the same eg think for yourself ?

Why do you want other minds to indoctrinate you ?
I dont have a monopoly on wisdom so therefore need other minds to educate me
They can increase my knowledge and understanding of everything I need to know
The only knowledge available to you is from what other people have informed you of.

You have no knowledge of your own.

Knowledge informs the illusory nature of reality in that all knowledge is nought but hersay and belief.
Each I is a story full of noise and fury signifying nothing. Without your story you are nothing.
You is a fictional believed character, reality is pure dreamscape for the human mind.

There's actually nothing to learn or know.

You don't have to know to be.

You don't have to learn to be.

You don't have to learn to walk...walking just spontaneously happens without any prior thought or mental input.
Everything the body is doing is automatic.

You don't even have to learn to sleep, this happens automatic ...it's all done for you, you are being DONE.

Knowledge on the other hand is another story, a fictional one upon the blank screen of consciousness the only true and real reality.

.

Atla
Posts: 2491
Joined: Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:27 am

Re: Ultimate Reality

Post by Atla » Sat Jul 13, 2019 2:33 pm

RCSaunders wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:12 pm
There is in all religion and mysticism, as well as most philosophy and science, a premise that assumes there is something behind, or underneath the reality of the world as it is directly perceived (seen, heard, felt, smelled, or tasted) that is in some way more real than the world directly perceived. That view, in all its forms, is wrong.

Reality is all there is, the way it is, whether or not anyone is conscious of or knows the nature of that reality. There are two aspects of reality that make it knowable.
Reality has no aspects just as reality has no apparent and underlying levels. That's basically the same error in different dressings you idiot.

User avatar
RCSaunders
Posts: 596
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:42 pm
Contact:

Re: Ultimate Reality

Post by RCSaunders » Sat Jul 13, 2019 3:22 pm

Atla wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 2:33 pm
Reality has no aspects just as reality has no apparent and underlying levels. That's basically the same error in different dressings you idiot.
I'm not sure what your objection is. Do you think reality has no nature of any kind? If it does have a nature, how could it be described?

I am genuinely curious about what you mean. Perhaps it's the word, "aspects," you object to. I mean it only in the sense that reality is something that has attributes that can be identified, else it is some ineffable thing with no identification at all.

I would understand if you disagree with the attributes I have used to describe reality, but it must have some attributes doesn't it?

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests