The Impossibility of Infinite Time

So what's really going on?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Dontaskme

Re: The Impossibility of Infinite Time

Post by Dontaskme »

devans99 wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:55 pm I’m going to use two axioms, ‘can’t get something from nothing’ and ‘can get something from nothing’ and argue that for both of these inversely related axioms, infinite time is impossible:

'Can get something from nothing'
Infinite time is impossible because 'time' is an uncreated concept.

There is no something in nothing to create anything from. Nothing is uncreated Something.

Time is uncreated. Infinity is uncreated. Every concept is uncreated. Just this total mystery...Unknown known Uncreated created NOW

Everything and Nothing is right NOW, this ever silent, not moving or going anywhere. A mystery even to itself.

Infinity is the first and last now, namely NOW

"Consciousness" is NOW the label that NOW gives to itself and in so doing it creates another conceptualised object that it mistakes for a separate existential entity.
It then tries to define this objectified entity by using other labels.

In order to know anything, one would have to be outside of Consciousness / NOW .. Ain't happening...NOW cannot step out of NOW.

Speakpigeon

Post by Speakpigeon »

Ramu wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 12:19 pm Consciousness is infinite and is first order Reality....everything else including the concept of time occurs within it.
First order of reality? First order would be a part of reality, unless the expression be meaningless.
OK, so, this implies there is a second order of reality, yes? Otherwise, your "first order" would be just meaningless.
So, what you say implies a second order of reality. A second order of reality has to be something real, otherwise it would be meaningless to call that reality. Basically, it's second order of reality would be a part of reality, i.e. something that exists.
Now, we do have a contradiction.
You claim that everything occurs in consciousness as the first order of reality, but then first order of reality implies there is a second order of reality, which as such has to be different from the first order of reality, and thus could not possibly be contained in it.
Uh-oh.
EB
Ramu

Post by Ramu »

Consciousness=Reality
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Speakpigeon wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 4:31 pm Basically, it's second order of reality would be a part of reality, i.e. something that exists.

You claim that everything occurs in consciousness as the first order of reality, but then first order of reality implies there is a second order of reality, which as such has to be different from the first order of reality, and thus could not possibly be contained in it.
Uh-oh.
EB
Something that exists is an idea occurring in first order consciousness ..there’s no second order, what the heck does that even mean? you say a second order of reality has to be different thus could not possibly be contained in it...huh?

There’s only ONE Reality
First implies Last
So that’s what Consciousness is..it’s this immediate first and last order aka Reality.

I don’t know of any other Reality do you?

Ramu

Post by Ramu »

Consciousness is NOT an epiphenomenon of brains. Consciousness doesn't occur in the brain. However the brain occurs in Consciousness. Everything is happening IN Consciousness. So it's FIRST. Everything else is afterwards.

You ARE Consciousness Itself perceiving and thinking it's a human. But the human is not perceiving. There is only Perception with no thing perceiving. A perception bei g perceived implies a duality where none exists.
Logik

Post by Logik »

Ramu wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 1:36 pm Consciousness is NOT an epiphenomenon of brains. Consciousness doesn't occur in the brain. However the brain occurs in Consciousness. Everything is happening IN Consciousness. So it's FIRST. Everything else is afterwards.
So you could just call it the same thing most of us call it.

The Universe.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Logik wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 1:39 pm So you could just call it the same thing most of us call it.

The Universe.
There is No Universe.

Any named thing is KNOWN.

That which is KNOWN cannot know.

No thing knows.

Speakpigeon

Post by Speakpigeon »

Dontaskme wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:39 am
Speakpigeon wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 4:31 pm Basically, it's second order of reality would be a part of reality, i.e. something that exists.

Uh-oh.
Something that exists is an idea occurring in first order consciousness ..there’s no second order, what the heck does that even mean? you say a second order of reality has to be different thus could not possibly be contained in it...huh?
There’s only ONE Reality
First implies Last
So that’s what Consciousness is..it’s this immediate first and last order aka Reality.
It doesn't matter what I know. The point is, either you contradicted yourself of you speak gobbledegook.
When you learn to make sense, maybe you'll be taken seriously.
And you have a problem understanding. Either you are confused by even very simple sentences or maybe you don't even try and understand what people say. Not possible to have any rational conversation either way.
EB
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Speakpigeon wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:47 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:39 am

Uh-oh.
There’s only ONE Reality
First implies Last
It doesn't matter what I know. The point is, either you contradicted yourself of you speak gobbledegook.
When you learn to make sense, maybe you'll be taken seriously.
And you have a problem understanding. Either you are confused by even very simple sentences or maybe you don't even try and understand what people say. Not possible to have any rational conversation either way.
EB
It doesn't matter what I know.

The point is, I speak gobbledegook.

When I learn to make sense, maybe I'll be not be taken seriously.
And I won't have a problem understanding that there is nothing to understand.

Either I am confused by even very simple sentences or maybe I don't even try and understand what I say. Not possible to have any irrrational conversation either way.

:D
Logik

Post by Logik »

Speakpigeon wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:47 pm When you learn to make sense, maybe you'll be taken seriously.
And you have a problem understanding. Either you are confused by even very simple sentences or maybe you don't even try and understand what people say.
Not my fault: blame externalization is the psychopathic feature most associated with pathological delinquency among confined delinquents.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

(*Bump*)

Things that go bump in the night Is Para-Normal.

Is the Meta-positioning position of No posititon.

If you don't do metaphysics - metaphysics will do you.