The Wrong God

So what's really going on?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Logik

Re: The Wrong God

Post by Logik »

Age wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:16 am Every young child asks "Why?" This is because human beings are born naturally inquisitive. Unfortunately though, they lose this inquisitiveness due to adults and attitudes likes yours. The very reason WHY you adult human beings are still looking for answers is because you BELIEVE you already KNOW what is right instead of remaining OPEN and inquisitive to what is actually True and Right.
Children ask "Why?" and at the same time they expect a simple answer. That's not how it works.

"Why?" is the hardest question of all. And you are probably going to continue mistaking the complex for the simple by saying idiotic things like "there is nothing hard or complex about the universe".

If you want to understand the answer to "Why?" you have to do homework.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36GT2zI8lVA

Post by Age »

Logik wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:29 am
Age wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:16 am Every young child asks "Why?" This is because human beings are born naturally inquisitive. Unfortunately though, they lose this inquisitiveness due to adults and attitudes likes yours. The very reason WHY you adult human beings are still looking for answers is because you BELIEVE you already KNOW what is right instead of remaining OPEN and inquisitive to what is actually True and Right.
Children ask "Why?" and at the same time they expect a simple answer. That's not how it works.

"Why?" is the hardest question of all. And you are probably going to continue mistaking the complex for the simple by saying idiotic things like "there is nothing hard or complex about the universe".

But I ALREADY have the answers of "Why?"

No homework needed. Only honesty, openness, and inquisitiveness was needed.

Obviously there is nothing to study for homework because you human beings are still looking for answers, and still presuming that things are hard and complex. There is absolutely NOTHING in nor about Life that is hard nor complex. Only you human beings make things seem hard and complex. That is WHY you still do NOT have the answers.
Logik

Post by Logik »

Age wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:30 pm

Obviously there is nothing to study for homework because you human beings are still looking for answers, and still presuming that things are hard and complex. There is absolutely NOTHING in nor about Life that is hard nor complex. Only you human beings make things seem hard and complex. That is WHY you still do NOT have the answers.
That sounds like a “how” to me.

Not a why.
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

Greylorn Ell wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 4:19 am

I cannot argue with your comments, for I agree with them. [/quote]

sorry, i got "triggered" by the assumption of "God" by Beleivers - verse which God/s....

as an Athiest i do not view one God as above others - deny all equally. but see the agument of "god" by Believers - assuming there is one God, and theirs is the correct one.

Greylorn Ell wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 4:19 am Which God? Every silly one of them. Gods are created by priests and their equivalents as a method of controlling populaces whose average IQ is 100 on a good test day, when they're not drunk or stoned.

I hope to introduce the notion that some parts of our universe were engineered by intelligent entities, in a manner similar to human technological development. However, the notion that any kind of omnipotent or super-powerful being who knows everything was responsible for creation is, IMO, nonsense.

The greater nonsense is that humans were totally created by the same entity (or group of entities) who might have participated in the assembly of earlier biological life forms. (No, I'm not a dumbfuck "ancient alien theorist" and I rarely say "yes.")

The stinkiest religious bullshit of all is the absurd notion that any entity who might have participated in human engineering might give a shit about me, you, or any other individual human.

As for science's story about the beginnings, I regard both the notion of a Big Bang and the first picosecond of activity thereafter with about the same high regard and esteem as a long dead otter. That crap is less "scientific" than Darwinism and abiogenesis theories, each easily shown to be nonsensical.

Greylorn
agree, I'm not anti-religion (Atheism offers nothing, would love to believe any any God/s - for i like all other fear death) Religion offers a meaning of life and a hope of an after.

assholes take the mantel of Religion - any/all of them - put on the robes - then tell the sheople what to believe (when 1/2 of them are in it for the power and do not even believe in the God/s they mandate others to follow).

and so, i oppose authority when robed in religion (which usually is hypocrisy - I rest any Priest/etc - that personally follows his mandates others should follow - most fall flat though), I do not oppose "honest religion" - fear of death and striving to find meaning to life and hope of afterlife.

to those of goodwill that are Believers, i offer goodwill and only wish i were one of you.

never was anti-religion, just corruption of via ego/hypocrisy. i only lack Belief due to no empirical prove of God/s existing, nor meaning to my life.

if i find myself "still alive" after death - in Hell (per Judiasm/Islam/christianity) - then I'll prostate myself upon the "Ground" - and if their God ("God") is of real/true mercy, will offer me salvation and grant me access to Heaven.

...........until the time of my death - hopefully latter than sooner, I'll just live life as honourably as i can, and not worry about the character of any non-existent God/s.

thanks for reply Sir.
Greylorn Ell

Post by Greylorn Ell »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36GT2zI8lVA
Logik,
Although the link was not meant for me, thank you!

I'd forgotten about Feynman, an early mentor (via filmed b/w lectures in a small room starting right after the Physics 301 lecture). Thirty years off the planet, it had not occurred to me that he might appear on youtube. Nearly 60 years back he shaped my style of thinking about the physics I was learning-- just in time--before it could become dogma. Now is a perfect time to revisit his open style of deep thinking.

Thanks as well for a link and comments perfectly in the context of the conversation.

Greylorn
Logik

Post by Logik »

gaffo wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:50 pm and so, i oppose authority...
You are going to be in for a rollercoaster ride when you recognise that all man-made rules are authorities...

The "laws" of classical logic: authority.
The "laws" of physics: authority (the ones which were falsified anyway).
Linguistic prescriptivism: authority

When you find yourself in the land of constructive mathematics Kantian anti-realism is par for the course.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Model-dependent_realism
JohnHermes

Post by JohnHermes »

Consciousness is mind. Universal mind from which everything stems from. It's the same thing as saying consciousness is energy. An individual entity or being or atom is focused center of that universal conscious energy. And we're a bunch of atoms aka focal points of that energy. The individual is the precipice the world of the absolute and relative.
"The first gulp from the glass of natural sciences will make you an atheist, but at the bottom of the glass God is waiting for you"
~ Werner Heisenberg (Father of Quantum Physics)
Greylorn Ell

Post by Greylorn Ell »

JohnHermes wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:44 am Consciousness is mind. Universal mind from which everything stems from. It's the same thing as saying consciousness is energy. An individual entity or being or atom is focused center of that universal conscious energy. And we're a bunch of atoms aka focal points of that energy. The individual is the precipice the world of the absolute and relative.
"The first gulp from the glass of natural sciences will make you an atheist, but at the bottom of the glass God is waiting for you"
~ Werner Heisenberg (Father of Quantum Physics)
You, John, are about as smart as a bag of hammers.

Consciousness is a property of mind, which you might continue seeking.

Max Planck is the father of QM, you ignorant nit.

Go away and dump your bullshit on a crackpot thread.
GL
Greylorn Ell

Post by Greylorn Ell »

Phrases like "Only you human beings..." suggest to me that you are a complete fruitcake, maybe a 16 yo kid whose mother was stupid enough to buy it a computer before it had graduated from the comic book stage. Please have the courtesy to move your nonsense to a different thread-- of even better to a different forum. This will be my last communication to you.
Greylorn Ell

Post by Greylorn Ell »

gaffo wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:50 pm
Greylorn Ell wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 4:19 am
I cannot argue with your comments, for I agree with them.
sorry, i got "triggered" by the assumption of "God" by Beleivers - verse which God/s....

as an Athiest i do not view one God as above others - deny all equally. but see the agument of "god" by Believers - assuming there is one God, and theirs is the correct one.

Greylorn Ell wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 4:19 am Which God? Every silly one of them. Gods are created by priests and their equivalents as a method of controlling populaces whose average IQ is 100 on a good test day, when they're not drunk or stoned.

I hope to introduce the notion that some parts of our universe were engineered by intelligent entities, in a manner similar to human technological development. However, the notion that any kind of omnipotent or super-powerful being who knows everything was responsible for creation is, IMO, nonsense.

The greater nonsense is that humans were totally created by the same entity (or group of entities) who might have participated in the assembly of earlier biological life forms. (No, I'm not a dumbfuck "ancient alien theorist" and I rarely say "yes.")

The stinkiest religious bullshit of all is the absurd notion that any entity who might have participated in human engineering might give a shit about me, you, or any other individual human.

As for science's story about the beginnings, I regard both the notion of a Big Bang and the first picosecond of activity thereafter with about the same high regard and esteem as a long dead otter. That crap is less "scientific" than Darwinism and abiogenesis theories, each easily shown to be nonsensical.

Greylorn
agree, I'm not anti-religion (Atheism offers nothing, would love to believe any any God/s - for i like all other fear death) Religion offers a meaning of life and a hope of an after.

assholes take the mantel of Religion - any/all of them - put on the robes - then tell the sheople what to believe (when 1/2 of them are in it for the power and do not even believe in the God/s they mandate others to follow).

and so, i oppose authority when robed in religion (which usually is hypocrisy - I rest any Priest/etc - that personally follows his mandates others should follow - most fall flat though), I do not oppose "honest religion" - fear of death and striving to find meaning to life and hope of afterlife.

to those of goodwill that are Believers, i offer goodwill and only wish i were one of you.

never was anti-religion, just corruption of via ego/hypocrisy. i only lack Belief due to no empirical prove of God/s existing, nor meaning to my life.

if i find myself "still alive" after death - in Hell (per Judiasm/Islam/christianity) - then I'll prostate myself upon the "Ground" - and if their God ("God") is of real/true mercy, will offer me salvation and grant me access to Heaven.

...........until the time of my death - hopefully latter than sooner, I'll just live life as honourably as i can, and not worry about the character of any non-existent God/s.

thanks for reply Sir.
gaffo,
The God in which you once believed is now the God in which you disbelieve. Consider the possibility that the definition of God, including properties, abilities, and purpose, is entirely wrong.

If so, two possibilities remain: The cosmological singularity bullshit tale (just another version of "God did it,") or,

the Creator, or more likely Creators of our universe, could be defined in terms of physics principles, and their intentions behind creation might be understood in terms of their own best interests, rather than ours.

Hence the title for this thread.

Greylorn

P.S. When using nested {quotes, please use the Preview function to insure that you've implemented them correctly. If not, fix them, as I've done with yours. There's enough confusion on this thread already. G
Wyman

Post by Wyman »

So is your Aeon space (or its force) linked to consciousness in your theory?
AlexW

Post by AlexW »

Greylorn Ell wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:30 am Science's (to be specific, cosmology's) singularity has no cause, no point or time of origin. Any concept about where it first appeared makes no sense because "where" is a concept dependent on space, and possibly upon time (a.k.a. "when") as well. Neither time nor space could have existed at the instant of the singularity's appearance. Whatever, at some unknown time after its inexplicable and uncaused manifestation, the singularity spontaneously (i.e. without cause or reason) exploded into our universe...
Have you ever considered that this "singularity" might not have "exploded" as such?
That it is still perfectly unharmed and infinitely/indefinitely existing - that it is the only "thing" that actually really exists? That space-time has actually only been thought into "existence"...

If there is - or ever was - such a no-thing as infinity/eternity then, by definition, there can be no separate things. Not then and not now or ever. There can only be ideas of such things, ideas of cause and effect etc... if one follows the idea of separation (including cause and effect etc.) to its ultimate and final end one will eventually find that... there is none. So, where do we end up? In infinite being (and a huge collection of conceptual thought that attempts to prove the opposite).

Post by Age »

Logik wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:20 pm

That sounds like a “how” to me.

Not a why.
You may be right, WHY human beings are still somewhat confused and still looking for answers is because they are NOT Truly OPEN.

Post by Age »

Greylorn Ell wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:57 pm

Phrases like "Only you human beings..." suggest to me that you are a complete fruitcake, maybe a 16 yo kid whose mother was stupid enough to buy it a computer before it had graduated from the comic book stage. Please have the courtesy to move your nonsense to a different thread-- of even better to a different forum. This will be my last communication to you.
Fair enough, you are FREE to ASSUME and BELIEVE whatever you want to ASSUME and BELIEVE.

Being OPEN, inquisitive, and clarifying is NOT one of adult human being's best traits.
Greylorn Ell

Post by Greylorn Ell »

Wyman wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:25 am So is your Aeon space (or its force) linked to consciousness in your theory?
Wyman,

Yes. I see it as the space from which single potentially conscious units came into being.

The force manifested by Aeon space is that which powers the deepest level of your mind, and even of mine now and then.

Of course there is more to be added by way of explanation, like how those units realize their potential.

Greylorn