Nothing cannot cause anything

So what's really going on?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

bahman

Nothing cannot cause anything

Post by bahman »

Assume that nothing can cause something. Nothing is however indifferent so one outcome is only one possibility among infinite possibilities. Only one possibility is improbable. Therefore only plausible scenario is when all possibilities are caused. Reality is however not indifferent. Therefore nothing cannot cause anything.
surreptitious57

Re: Nothing cannot cause anything

Post by surreptitious57 »

Nothing already causes something because that is how quantum fluctuations come into existence
A state of absolute nothing is only stable for an infinitesimal period of time before it is disturbed
bahman

Post by bahman »

Vacuum state is different from nothing.
melancocky

Post by melancocky »

bahman wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 4:57 pm Vacuum state is different from nothing.
I agree with you bahman. a vacuum state is something, not nothing. and i agree with the notion that nothing cannot cause anything.

i think the real question is... was there ever really nothing? is that what physicists say?
Logik

Post by Logik »

As a counter-evidence - try do nothing when your wife asks you to do the dishes, then watch how “nothing” causes outrage.
uwot

Post by uwot »

Logik wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:32 pm As a counter-evidence - try do nothing when your wife asks you to do the dishes, then watch how “nothing” causes outrage.
Blimey. If that's the sort of thing you struggle with, either get rid of your dishes, or get rid of your wife.
planetlonely23

Post by planetlonely23 »

The nothingness induces itself to the reality which contains the sight of our souls in order to assume that vacuum is located behind something, so the effect in fact is bringing a cause in itself that is the reason of our beliefs, therefore there are thoughts that make uncertainty, as if the things would be made by nothing, they brought the dissatisfaction that in reality is the reflex which contains the meaning of nothing.
melancocky

Post by melancocky »

planetlonely23 wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 2:37 pm The nothingness induces itself to the reality which contains the sight of our souls in order to assume that vacuum is located behind something, so the effect in fact is bringing a cause in itself that is the reason of our beliefs, therefore there are thoughts that make uncertainty, as if the things would be made by nothing, they brought the dissatisfaction that in reality is the reflex which contains the meaning of nothing.
can you please reiterate in more simple terms? i am having a hard time understanding what you are saying.
Eodnhoj7

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

bahman wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 11:51 pm Assume that nothing can cause something. Nothing is however indifferent so one outcome is only one possibility among infinite possibilities. Only one possibility is improbable. Therefore only plausible scenario is when all possibilities are caused. Reality is however not indifferent. Therefore nothing cannot cause anything.
If nothing, cancels itself out, being results; thus what we understand of "nothingness" is effectively the inversion of 1 state into multiple states where "nothingness" is canceled out in respect to these multiple states converging as "1".

In simpler terms we only understand and can observe "nothingness" through a state of multiplicity in itself observed through time in which the seperation of one phenomenon from another (a cup from liquid, gun from bullet, house from inhabitants, man from woman, etc.) observes a state of "void". This void disappears when phenomena are unified.
bahman

Post by bahman »

Eodnhoj7 wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:54 pm
bahman wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 11:51 pm Assume that nothing can cause something. Nothing is however indifferent so one outcome is only one possibility among infinite possibilities. Only one possibility is improbable. Therefore only plausible scenario is when all possibilities are caused. Reality is however not indifferent. Therefore nothing cannot cause anything.
If nothing, cancels itself out, being results; thus what we understand of "nothingness" is effectively the inversion of 1 state into multiple states where "nothingness" is canceled out in respect to these multiple states converging as "1".

In simpler terms we only understand and can observe "nothingness" through a state of multiplicity in itself observed through time in which the seperation of one phenomenon from another (a cup from liquid, gun from bullet, house from inhabitants, man from woman, etc.) observes a state of "void". This void disappears when phenomena are unified.
Nothing is nothing so it cannot cancel itself out. I am so sorry but I have difficulty to understand the rest of your post. English in not my first language and I cannot understand convoluted sentences.
Eodnhoj7

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

bahman wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:11 pm
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:54 pm

Nothing is nothing so it cannot cancel itself out. I am so sorry but I have difficulty to understand the rest of your post. English in not my first language and I cannot understand convoluted sentences.
I will start with this point then:

Nothing is nothing, it does not exist. Hence what we observe as "nothing" is merely a state of relation between multiple parts that are not unified as 1.

Agree/Disagree/Don't know?
bahman

Post by bahman »

Eodnhoj7 wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:14 pm Nothing is nothing, it does not exist.
Nothing is not something but it can be a state of affair.
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:14 pm Hence what we observe as "nothing" is merely a state of relation between multiple parts that are not unified as 1.
What is 1? I don't think that nothing is merely a state of relation between multiple parts. Multiple parts of what?
Eodnhoj7

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

bahman wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:40 pm
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:14 pm Nothing is nothing, it does not exist.
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:14 pm Hence what we observe as "nothing" is merely a state of relation between multiple parts that are not unified as 1.
What is 1? I don't think that nothing is merely a state of relation between multiple parts. Multiple parts of what?
And a state of affair is?
bahman

Post by bahman »

Eodnhoj7 wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:44 pm
bahman wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:40 pm
And a state of affair is?
Read it as a state which exists.
roydop

Post by roydop »

surreptitious57 wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 12:05 am Nothing already causes something because that is how quantum fluctuations come into existence
A state of absolute nothing is only stable for an infinitesimal period of time before it is disturbed
There is no such thing as a state of absolute nothingness. There is a state in which there is no physicality,
but that's not a void, that's just a non-thing.