solitude

So what's really going on?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

reasonvemotion
Posts: 1643
Joined: Tue May 15, 2012 1:22 am

Re: solitude

Post by reasonvemotion »

Solitude is about making new friends...

I have pondered over this. Is it essentially esoteric? I have an interpretation of it, but I suspect it is far and away from what you mean. Although I do like the sound of it. Can you tell me what its meaning is.
User avatar
Bernard
Posts: 758
Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:19 am

Re: solitude

Post by Bernard »

Sorry, wasn't in the mood to extrapolate my thoughts out - for good reason though: someone has bought the farm I work on and I got my job back... YAYYYYY!

What I most wanted to say is that there is really no way to be alone by ourselves. What we are really doing when seeking solitude is to seek new circles of activity and friendship, relationships, etcetera.

... Okay, but you feel like sitting by the window when rain pounds the steel roof with not a soul to disturb you, but you are then with the trees out in the rain, or you have become sensitive to the earth itself and its moods. Then you are just seeking company other than human. All we have is each other is a bigger saying than we give credit for.
reasonvemotion
Posts: 1643
Joined: Tue May 15, 2012 1:22 am

Re: solitude

Post by reasonvemotion »

First.

That's the best pre Christmas present hey Bernard, (the farm). Drinks all round.

Second

That is how I interpreted what you said, (the last paragraph) but because your previous post was circumspect, I thought if I had expressed that I may have looked pretty stupid if you had not meant it that way.
User avatar
SpheresOfBalance
Posts: 5593
Joined: Sat Sep 10, 2011 4:27 pm
Location: On a Star Dust Metamorphosis

Re: solitude

Post by SpheresOfBalance »

jetsetjason wrote:solitude is a good thing, it gives one more time to read books

:)
Yes, but I prefer the solitude in a nature setting, where one can really get in touch with the essence of their life. It allows for the understanding, of real importance.
User avatar
Bernard
Posts: 758
Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:19 am

Re: solitude

Post by Bernard »

reasonvemotion wrote:First.

That's the best pre Christmas present hey Bernard, (the farm). Drinks all round.

Second

That is how I interpreted what you said, (the last paragraph) but because your previous post was circumspect, I thought if I had expressed that I may have looked pretty stupid if you had not meant it that way.
Thanks. The only thing is its going to be hard keeping off the coffee, which I only began drinking last year! We have such nice FRESH coffee.

Sometimes its interesting leaving a thing partially said. Its a way of opening things up.
User avatar
attofishpi
Posts: 4927
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:10 am
Location: Orion Spur
Contact:

Re: solitude

Post by attofishpi »

Solitude can be found in crowded public places.
chaz wyman
Posts: 5305
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:31 pm

Re: solitude

Post by chaz wyman »

Hell is other people.
User avatar
attofishpi
Posts: 4927
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:10 am
Location: Orion Spur
Contact:

Re: solitude

Post by attofishpi »

Hell_o is a strange word.
chaz wyman
Posts: 5305
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:31 pm

Re: solitude

Post by chaz wyman »

attofishpi wrote:Hell_o is a strange word.
And has nothing to do with Hell.

Hello is not attested as a word before 1860. Its use is not international as it has been spread with the use of the telephone, being in some countries only known as a phone greeting.

Hell in a place in Norway.
User avatar
attofishpi
Posts: 4927
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:10 am
Location: Orion Spur
Contact:

Re: solitude

Post by attofishpi »

chaz wyman wrote:
attofishpi wrote:Hell_o is a strange word.
ANd has nothing to do with Hell.
You couldn't be more wrong. Hell is not post death.
chaz wyman
Posts: 5305
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:31 pm

Re: solitude

Post by chaz wyman »

attofishpi wrote:
chaz wyman wrote:
attofishpi wrote:Hell_o is a strange word.
ANd has nothing to do with Hell.
You couldn't be more wrong. Hell is not post death.
Just keep it to yourself.

When the whole world is telling you your wrong maybe it is time to take stock of your thinking?
User avatar
attofishpi
Posts: 4927
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:10 am
Location: Orion Spur
Contact:

Re: solitude

Post by attofishpi »

chaz wyman wrote:Just keep it to yourself.

When the whole world is telling you your wrong maybe it is time to take stock of your thinking?
Your ego astounds me, chaz wyman...spokesman for planet Earth!

You got the 'wrong' and 'maybe' around the wrong way.
reasonvemotion
Posts: 1643
Joined: Tue May 15, 2012 1:22 am

Re: solitude

Post by reasonvemotion »

Hell is other people.
I agree with that.


Although occasionally you meet up with a stupendous person and you are refreshed and eager to participate in the game once more.
chaz wyman
Posts: 5305
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:31 pm

Re: solitude

Post by chaz wyman »

reasonvemotion wrote:
Hell is other people.
I agree with that.


Although occasionally you meet up with a stupendous person and you are refreshed and eager to participate in the game once more.
Indeed. Hell is other people, but not all people are Hell.
chaz wyman
Posts: 5305
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:31 pm

Re: solitude

Post by chaz wyman »

attofishpi wrote:
chaz wyman wrote:Just keep it to yourself.

When the whole world is telling you your wrong maybe it is time to take stock of your thinking?
Your ego astounds me, chaz wyman...spokesman for planet Earth!

You got the 'wrong' and 'maybe' around the wrong way.
So you agree that the whole world is telling you that you are maybe wrong. That is a start, at least.
Post Reply