Non-duality and Solipsism

So what's really going on?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Dontaskme

Re: Non-duality and Solipsism

Post by Dontaskme »

Walker wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 2:11 pm Because awareness does not “arise” without form, awareness requires form.

Does form require awareness?
There is awareness of form, but form is not aware so form doesn't actually exist.

There is no form in awareness except as an illusory projected image of the imageless awareness.

Awareness cannot itself be observed, it is not an object, an object is an image of the invisible.

The ''SELF'' is invisible, but without the ''SELF'' there is no ''I''

The 'I'' is the seen, the ''SELF'' is the seer.

Atla

Post by Atla »

For a second I thought that DAM actually said something sensible, but turns out she quoted others. (I would add that "consciousness" here is just another word for reality.)

Yes "proper" Eastern nondualism is pretty much as different from solipsism as it's possible to be. Many people criticize it for being solipsistic. But the funny thing is that it's the critics themselves who are much closer to solipsism, which is why they totally misunderstand nondualism.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Atla wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:39 am For a second I thought that DAM actually said something sensible, but turns out she quoted others.
We are always quoting others. No thing was ever born, to know is to be born to knowledge, who informed you of your birth?
Know what I mean?
Atla

Post by Atla »

Dontaskme wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:29 am
Atla wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:39 am For a second I thought that DAM actually said something sensible, but turns out she quoted others.
We are always quoting others. No thing was ever born, to know is to be born to knowledge, who informed you of your birth?
Know what I mean?
Well I'm not always quoting others. How's it going, still think that the other half of your split mind is some kind of Source, and that you're a quantum multidimensional light worker on a temporary mission on this planet?
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Atla wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 4:52 pm
Know what I mean?
Well I'm not always quoting others. How's it going, still think that the other half of your split mind is some kind of Source, and that you're a quantum multidimensional light worker on a temporary mission on this planet?
You quote your name, your name is the other you...it temporal, and not who you are, you are not your name.
Atla

Post by Atla »

Dontaskme wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:09 pm

Know what I mean?
You quote your name, your name is the other you...it temporal, and not who you are, you are not your name.
When your work's done around these parts, will you go back to your dimension?
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Atla wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:17 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:09 pm
When your work's done around these parts, will you go back to your dimension?
Anything can happen in the story...who knows...there is only light working it’s light.