Hacking Reality

So what's really going on?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

QuantumT

Hacking Reality

Post by QuantumT »

I'm not sure if this it the right category. I'll let the admin decide.

As I mentioned in a previous thread, I believe our reality can be hacked. You can actually change things, that seems unchangeable.

I initially wrote it very simple:

If you focus on something negative, you get that.
If you focus on something positive, you get that.
If you just focus, you get want you want.

So your focus is the key. Doubt and fear is the enemy. Actually fear is the root of all evil! Not money or greed, but fear! If fear is in your mind, it controls you. You are a puppet.

Meditation is just another term for focus. It's a crude shortcut, if you can't focus naturally.

I found an interesting article about it on Psychology Today:

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog ... -suffering

It's about pain, but it applies to everything.

The trick is to find and obtain calmness within yourself. Let that calmness become permanent.
It's not easy for a beginner, but it's possible. I found it without meditation. I found it with solitude.

Once you are calm and at peace, you can start to focus on what you want in life! You cannot change/influence people, but you can make events turn to your advantage. You can even change the weather. You can influence sports. Money is a tool you can achieve.

I recommend that you start small, and work your way up. And that you never let anger or greed get in your way.

Good luck!

PS. This is not religious or spiritual in any way. It is based on the collapse of the wave function, and that reality adapts to us.
https://www.collective-evolution.com/20 ... -distance/
And on personal experience :wink:
AlexW

Re: Hacking Reality

Post by AlexW »

QuantumT wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:33 am If you focus on something negative, you get that.
If you focus on something positive, you get that.
If you just focus, you get want you want.
The trick is to find and obtain calmness within yourself. Let that calmness become permanent.
It's not easy for a beginner, but it's possible. I found it without meditation. I found it with solitude.
If you "use" thought to achieve certain ends - which we do basically all the time - you end up caught in a world of thought (like most people on this planet).
If you "use" attention/awareness on a regular/permanent basis, placing attention on the current moment (this is really the only place where attention can go, but where thought cannot go) then you eventually end up outside of thought - in/as awareness.
This is also called waking up or liberation.
This is a good place to be as it is peaceful, calm, fearless... Thought is finally demoted to the position it is meant to occupy - not the king of the castle but the rank of a clever servant. It doesn't anymore run he show but is used when needed - otherwise its quiet.
Awareness opens up knowledge about reality (it actually is base reality) - not sure if you can or should aim at influencing the weather though... Attempting something like that is a departure into egotistical thought patterns aiming to change reality (yourself) in a way that you believe is more beneficial for you... If you are at peace there is no need to do something like that. Why would you hack yourself? Better just be yourself...
QuantumT

Post by QuantumT »

AlexW wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:08 am If you "use" thought to achieve certain ends - which we do basically all the time - you end up caught in a world of thought (like most people on this planet).
If you "use" attention/awareness on a regular/permanent basis, placing attention on the current moment (this is really the only place where attention can go, but where thought cannot go) then you eventually end up outside of thought - in/as awareness.
This is also called waking up or liberation.
This is a good place to be as it is peaceful, calm, fearless... Thought is finally demoted to the position it is meant to occupy - not the king of the castle but the rank of a clever servant. It doesn't anymore run he show but is used when needed - otherwise its quiet.
Awareness opens up knowledge about reality (it actually is base reality) - not sure if you can or should aim at influencing the weather though... Attempting something like that is a departure into egotistical thought patterns aiming to change reality (yourself) in a way that you believe is more beneficial for you... If you are at peace there is no need to do something like that. Why would you hack yourself? Better just be yourself...
That sounds like spirituality. But we are not in a spiritual universe. We are in a virtual one.
What counts in this virtual universe is not doing the right thing, or doing it the right way. It's about doing what you want, and feeling great doing it! If your actions causes pain, it will most probably be repaid later. So mathematicly it's unwise to be evil or too selfish.

Stop worrying! Seek happiness! Selfishness is not always bad!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-diB65scQU
AlexW

Post by AlexW »

QuantumT wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:26 pm we are not in a spiritual universe. We are in a virtual one.
These are just definitions - one meaning/thought vs another... there will be no winner arguing about meanings.
It's direct experience/awareness that "matters". Thought is secondary.
QuantumT wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:26 pm 1) Stop worrying! 2) Seek happiness! 3) Selfishness is not always bad!
1) Agree!
2) Look inside!
3) Depends what you define as self
QuantumT

Post by QuantumT »

AlexW wrote: Sat Jun 16, 2018 4:01 am These are just definitions - one meaning/thought vs another... there will be no winner arguing about meanings.
It's direct experience/awareness that "matters". Thought is secondary.
Not false, but thought is the basis of approach to reality. Like the full grown elephant, that thinks it cannot escape the pole, because it failed as a calf. Thought is the beginning of all liberation.
2) Look inside!
3) Depends what you define as self
2) Looking inside is the beginning, not the end goal. Joy is found outside the self, from interaction and experience.
3) Selfishness as in doing something that makes you feel good, or allowing something to happen, that does the same. Avoid making victims though.

A thing I forgot to mention is that we are coded to function best with company. Even if we prefer none.
So get out there, but remember to wash your hands regularly.
philosopher

Post by philosopher »

With all respect and honesty, you are wrong.

There are several objections to this.

First off, this "quantum consciousness" is not mainstream science. In-fact, it is pseudo-science, another word for bullshit.

A physcisist/mathematician John Von Neumann along with Eugene Wigner proposed an interpretation of the Copenhagen Interpretation, known as the Von Neumann–Wigner interpretation. It is however, nonsense, because it is not that consciousness collapse the wave function. Observation does, but is interpreted with a consciousness (humans).

An observation could be anything. An electron wandering about can in itself cause a wave function to collapse. Regardless of wether a human looked at it or not.

Also there are other intepretation of the Copenhagen Interpretation that does not involve this "consciousness wave function collapse" - namely many worlds theory amongst others.

Even if we follow your example to the extremes, that consciousness collapse the wave functions, a thought, be it about good or bad, is merely neuro chemical signals in brain. They do not care AT ALL whether a end result, product, thought if you like, is something "good" or "bad". Just like my computer don't care at all what this text says, and the meaning of it. To my computer, this text is merely signals of "on/off, on/off" etc. with "on" being electric current stimulating a physical reaction in the hardware, which it registers, and "off" simply being no signal.

The brain works in a similar way, just with neurons and chemicals in a vastly more complex network.

If a thought is positive, good for you, but it does not change anything in the world.
AlexW

Post by AlexW »

QuantumT wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:50 pm thought is the basis of approach to reality
No, thought (the concepts we have acquired over time) is not an approach to reality. Humanity might believe it is, but it is actually the opposite. All concepts and ideas about reality lead away from reality.
QuantumT wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:50 pm Thought is the beginning of all liberation.
It is the start of the idea of bondage. It can also initiate the search for liberation - but it cant liberate you. Thought cant liberate you from thought - wrong thinking IS bondage and liberation IS the dropping of these thoughts. Thought cant drop itself only awareness can initiate that.
QuantumT wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:50 pm Joy is found outside the self, from interaction and experience.
There is no outside of your true self. Joy is as such not found in experience - it is what you are.
QuantumT wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:50 pm A thing I forgot to mention is that we are coded to function best with company. Even if we prefer none.
So get out there, but remember to wash your hands regularly.
I'll keep that in mind :-)
QuantumT

Post by QuantumT »

philosopher wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:45 pm With all respect and honesty, you are wrong.

There are several objections to this.

First off, this "quantum consciousness" is not mainstream science. In-fact, it is pseudo-science, another word for bullshit.

A physcisist/mathematician John Von Neumann along with Eugene Wigner proposed an interpretation of the Copenhagen Interpretation, known as the Von Neumann–Wigner interpretation. It is however, nonsense, because it is not that consciousness collapse the wave function. Observation does, but is interpreted with a consciousness (humans).

An observation could be anything. An electron wandering about can in itself cause a wave function to collapse. Regardless of wether a human looked at it or not.

Also there are other intepretation of the Copenhagen Interpretation that does not involve this "consciousness wave function collapse" - namely many worlds theory amongst others.

Even if we follow your example to the extremes, that consciousness collapse the wave functions, a thought, be it about good or bad, is merely neuro chemical signals in brain. They do not care AT ALL whether a end result, product, thought if you like, is something "good" or "bad". Just like my computer don't care at all what this text says, and the meaning of it. To my computer, this text is merely signals of "on/off, on/off" etc. with "on" being electric current stimulating a physical reaction in the hardware, which it registers, and "off" simply being no signal.

The brain works in a similar way, just with neurons and chemicals in a vastly more complex network.

If a thought is positive, good for you, but it does not change anything in the world.
I am not good at keeping records, writing references, and generally explaing myself to the core, when I am in the process of a larger context. Sorry!

What I failed to adress is, that this thread is a continuation of my "Down the simulation rabbit hole" one ( viewtopic.php?f=16&t=24331 ) .

And since the initial thread is very metaphysical, this one is even more!

In that context "false" is extremely objective. We are in the realm of speculation and belief. Even personal experience.

So your critisism is correct, but misplaced.