Silence

So what's really going on?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

mtmynd1

Silence

Post by mtmynd1 »

Silence - the great Void that contains all of all, and we so small, so little we know of what we have been given thru this miracle called Life... we fight and gnaw, we scream and crawl after dreams that supersede our wake thru the oceanic turmoil, so well oiled, that we pass the chance to dance embraced with the Spirit that pervades our Inner ever quaking moment, to moment, we collapse fulfilled, spilled upon the woven togetherness of that which we are apart, a part of it all... we recall within the Silence that which makes us what we become, and none is our return into the Void, the sight of Silence, where even Om is swallowed complete, a neat trick upon our psychic... once released we dare complete the product of our Being, seeing that Silence, precious and protective, the shield of our Ego melting in the sweltering Light, our fight ends in the Silence... our home again to begin again, the spin to rise, to become the eyes that penetrate the loud and proud cloud of our seventh daze, we gaze , and wonder if this is real or is it Truth?

mtmynd1
attofishpi

Re: Silence

Post by attofishpi »

No.
iolo

Post by iolo »

When I was a Quaker Attender, I particularly liked the Silence, and thought it was far too often broken by those for whom the Spirit had been reading Guardian editorials plus Nature Notes. Probably it is the result of spending too much time with talking persons, but Silence seemed to make more sense than anything else I experienced - and I think that probably includes philosophy! :)
mtmynd1

Post by mtmynd1 »

attofishpi wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 7:48 amNo.
I believe you will from now on, attofishpi, unless of course, you won't allow yourself the experience.

There's a huge contingency of those who love to be known as "NO" until the time comes to know "YES".
mtmynd1

Post by mtmynd1 »

iolo wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 1:54 pm When I was a Quaker Attender, I particularly liked the Silence, and thought it was far too often broken by those for whom the Spirit had been reading Guardian editorials plus Nature Notes. Probably it is the result of spending too much time with talking persons, but Silence seemed to make more sense than anything else I experienced - and I think that probably includes philosophy! :)
Thank you for your cogent comment. Silence is where existence begins and ends... so powerful a gentle word it is.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

mtmynd1 wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 8:25 pm
attofishpi wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 7:48 amNo.
I believe you will from now on, attofishpi, unless of course, you won't allow yourself the experience.

There's a huge contingency of those who love to be known as "NO" until the time comes to know "YES".
Reality is a convoluted apparition of the Truth.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Choiceless silence happens in the grip of experience when you realize that you have nothing to say, and that there is nothing you can say.

It’s a realized finality, and it’s like a death. It’s the death of speech, beginning with denial and ending in acceptance, with resentment and other resistances in between.

If speech revives it’s a shadow of its former babble, for awareness reveals that speaking is often simply an habitual association of energy and mind, the same as hot anger or laughter.

Writing is like speech but different since it requires more rumination, which occupies attention once held by spontaneously braying urges.

During windless times in the natural desert, which can happen at dusk and dawn, the silence is like a thick and invisible wall surrounding and touching you, as far as you can see in space or time.
Impenitent

Post by Impenitent »

there is no silence

there is absence of listening

-Imp
Greta

Post by Greta »

Impenitent wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 3:26 pm there is no silence

Yet silence is notoriously difficult to attain.

Most of us listen intensely and rarely switch off, like prey animals.
mtmynd1

Post by mtmynd1 »

attofishpi wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 8:14 am Reality is a convoluted apparition of the Truth.
There is no end to infinity with or without our apparition of Being.
mtmynd1

Post by mtmynd1 »

Impenitent wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 3:26 pm there is no silence

-Imp
Silence is the limitation of your sense of hearing.
AlexW

Post by AlexW »

Real silence has nothing to do with sound or listening, it is in the mind.
When the mind is still and no thought arises then there is true silence which is untouched by all external noise.
This is when reality reveals itself without any need for interpretation.