What is Space?

So what's really going on?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Dontaskme

Re: What is Space?

Post by Dontaskme »

AlexW wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:39 pm @OP: What is space?

Ultimately: An idea, a concept.

In reality there is no space - no empty, unoccupied expanse of nothingness.
Reality is pure knowing/being - it does not extend from here to there. As such there is no distance and no space (between mind-made locations).

Space is the playground the mind has created to throw around its toys - bodies, objects, worlds...
It's not more real than the space a dream character occupies in a night time dream.
So in a sense ..what we believe to exist as an external world in which we live our lives is in fact nothing more real than that of a dream world that our brain/mind has constructed ....we are literally walking through our own brains.

So to answer the question what’s going on inside my brain, is to just look and see the answer is all around me in what appears to be an external world ...and this world appears to be a real life working model of what my brain is doing.

And so in a sense we are both inside and outside of ourselves at the same time. In reality there is neither inside or out...there’s just here now nowhere, everywhere infinitely.

The eternal now is always right here now, there is only one now. It doesn’t move or age, this now is also called Pure Awareness.

Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Pure Awareness...is the unchanging timeless still canvas on which all images move and change, appear,disappear and reappear. Inseparable from the canvas. Timeless awareness watching itself in time. Time is timeless. Timeless is time.

Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Dontaskme wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:20 am Pure Awareness...is the unchanging timeless still canvas on which all images move and change, appear,disappear and reappear. Inseparable from the canvas.
I can't quite see how an image can disappear from the canvas while at the same time be inseparable from it. Still, I know from experience that you are not one to let common sense get in the way of your fanciful notions and philosophical endeavours at the cutting edge of self delusion.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Harbal wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:10 am
I can't quite see how an image can disappear from the canvas while at the same time be inseparable from it.
That’s because the image is an appearance of the imageless. A concept you still seem unable to grasp because you continue to over think what is being posited.

Still, I know from experience that you are not one to let common sense get in the way of your fanciful notions and philosophical endeavours at the cutting edge of self delusion.
The Self is the cut in that which is seamless...the ultimate grand delusion, unavoidably so in your empty fanciful notion.

Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Dontaskme wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:10 am That’s because the image is an appearance of the imageless.
And not because your assertion is an expression of the meaningless?
A concept you still seem unable to grasp because you continue to over think what is being posited.
I'm very reluctant to grasp anything that is set on making an idiot of me and, while I agree that over thinking can sometimes be counter productive, your strategy of not thinking at all hardly seems a better course.
The Self is the cut in that which is seamless...the ultimate grand delusion, unavoidably so in your empty fanciful notion.
Well, after seeing what was in your fanciful notion I thought I would be better leaving mine empty.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Real thinkers do not think.

They’re over delusion, they’re in the world but not of it.

You’re mind if you have one is not in you’re head. Your head is in the mind.

Real reality cannot be conceptualised. It’s the subtle sense of being aware of being aware.

Conceptualising the nameless is a fictional story of no thing...nothing to get hung about...

Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Dontaskme wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:42 am Real thinkers do not think.
That principle applies to many things. I have a real can opener in my drawer that won't open cans.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Harbal wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:58 am
Dontaskme wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:42 am Real thinkers do not think.
I have a real can opener in my drawer that won't open cans.
Then you need to chuck it out, and find one that does.Thinking is useful when it comes to solving problems.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Dontaskme wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:16 pm
Then you need to chuck it out, and find one that does.
I never eat anything from cans so I never need to open one, my can opener is ideal for that.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Harbal wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:28 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:16 pm
Then you need to chuck it out, and find one that does.
I never eat anything from cans so I never need to open one, my can opener is ideal for that.
No can opener ever opened a can, only thought opened the can looked on by awareness inseparable from the thought.

Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Dontaskme wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:33 pm
No can opener ever opened a can, only thought opened the can looked on by awareness inseparable from the thought.
Thought may well be able to open cans but I think you will find that it still needs a can opener to do it.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Harbal wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:48 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:33 pm
Thought may well be able to open cans but I think you will find that it still needs a can opener to do it.
Yes of course, without the awareness of an object, there is no object.
Knowledge of an object is known by that which is aware of the object, not from the object itself, which is just a thought witnessed by awareness.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Dontaskme wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:05 pm
Knowledge of an object is known by that which is aware of the object, not from the object itself, which is just a thought witnessed by awareness.
So you are saying that my can opener plays no part in my awareness of it? Then what about its inability to open cans? Does that come from the can opener or is that merely my awareness preventing me from opening my tin of beans?
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Harbal wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:41 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:05 pm
So you are saying that my can opener plays no part in my awareness of it?
There is no knowledge of a play ever taking place without an audience.
As awareness, the can opener is the experience awareness is having...but awareness it self is not an experience..it’s the experiencing. Subject and Object are one in the same moment.

Then what about its inability to open cans? Does that come from the can opener or is that merely my awareness preventing me from opening my tin of beans?
The ability for a can opener to open cans is knowledge gained from experience. All knowledge of experience is only possible because of awareness. The experience and the awareness is one unitary action.

As Awareness..Am I playing a “part”..or Am I the “part” I’m playing?

bahman

Post by bahman »

Dontaskme wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 5:12 pm :?:

Any ideas?
Space and time are part of Qualia which is created by higher Mind.