Another view of Consciousness

So what's really going on?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Bill Wiltrack

Re: Another view of Consciousness

Post by Bill Wiltrack » Sat Nov 05, 2016 5:07 pm

I see what the original poster is saying. I agree with him.

It's clearer now to me.

Dalek Prime

Post by Dalek Prime » Sun Nov 06, 2016 2:17 am

Terrapin Station wrote:
Dalek Prime wrote:
waechter418 wrote:Being fragmentations of the strong force of Consciousness, its weak forces remain secondary. :wink:
There is no strong or weak force to consciousness, ala physics.
When you have a hammer everything looks like a nail.
You either have it, or you don't.

waechter418

Post by waechter418 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:25 pm

“Another view of Consciousness” has been criticised for being based on the Egyptian pantheon, but (nearly) all cosmologies would have served, as they present principal patterns of human consciousness.
The use of aphorisms and contradiction techniques common to Zen, should make it obvious that these texts are not intended for devotees of linear logics and traditional philosophical reference frames.
The occasional polemic assaults against customary social & moral bulwarks are to offend their defenders - but are of little consequences, since they will have disappeared by the time these texts reach their principal destination: the the founders of civilisations to come.
All civilisations do eventually disappear, usually through internal corruption sometimes under outside pressure, in rare instances through suicide. The western civilisation is not only decaying, but shows suicidal tendencies as well, considering the increasing ingenuity with which its Sapiens rapes and plunders the organism that bears and feeds him.
Latter aspect is probably going to determine the progression of its decline, as there will be billions of people running out of food and water and, since people do easily panic in critical situations, thus can be expected to use the enormous amounts of conventional & ABC weapons which Sapiens is spreading around the world.
It is hard to imagine how someone, who (since 1750) crowns himself with the Latin term “sapiens” (reasonable, wise) could have become such a nut; he apparently asks himself the same question, at least it would explain his late endeavours to digitise his mind - which shouldn’t be very difficult, considering the similarity of the R/P and the 0/1 process – but futile, as long as he runs on mostly outdated programs which are full of social, moral, religious, emotional etc. viruses, and thus in need of a thorough overhaul, a task he seems not be willing to undertake.
Nevertheless, the above texts (and others, published by waechter418 in wordpress) contain plenty of respective suggestions.

Bill Wiltrack

Post by Bill Wiltrack » Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:21 pm

The western civilization is not only decaying, but shows suicidal tendencies as well, considering the increasing ingenuity with which its Sapiens rapes and plunders the organism that bears and feeds him.
Latter aspect is probably going to determine the progression of its decline, as there will be billions of people running out of food and water and, since people do easily panic in critical situations, thus can be expected to use the enormous amounts of conventional & ABC weapons which Sapiens is spreading around the world.

...worth repeating.

waechter418

Post by waechter418 » Sun Jul 02, 2017 6:33 pm

If you want to climb a mountain, begin at the top. Zen saying

waechter418

Post by waechter418 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:53 pm

Bill Wiltrack wrote:
Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:21 pm
The western civilization is not only decaying, but shows suicidal tendencies as well, considering the increasing ingenuity with which its Sapiens rapes and plunders the organism that bears and feeds him.
...worth repeating.

....and to do something about (other than ruminating)

Bill Wiltrack

Post by Bill Wiltrack » Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:24 am

Is there a fallacy that we can actually do something?...anything - in life?

I read a philosopher once that stated, that if we could actually do anything in our lives we would chose to live forever.

Wish I could do something. I too am right in the heart of this. Years ago I remember posting on this very site a number of threads sort-of foretelling the reasons we are, in America, facing our unavoidable, seamingly dire situation...

What are your thoughts on America? I realize you have a bit of unique perspective; being an American yet living in a distant territory.

..................................................Image

waechter418

Post by waechter418 » Sun Sep 22, 2019 3:51 pm

Hello fellow travellers,

Expecting the shocks from the above views having had time to fade - i recommend to check their updates in

waechter418.wordpress.com

Pura vida !

:D