Mind cannot be created

So what's really going on?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

User avatar
bahman
Posts: 2050
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2016 3:52 pm

Mind cannot be created

Post by bahman » Mon Sep 05, 2016 5:21 pm

First definition of mind: Mind is essence of any being with the ability to experience, decide and act.

1) Intellect is utility of mind
2) This means that it is impossible to understand mind because intellect is utility of mind
3) This means that it is impossible to perform an act to create mind

User avatar
attofishpi
Posts: 3247
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:10 am
Location: Orion Spur
Contact:

Re: Mind cannot be created

Post by attofishpi » Tue Sep 06, 2016 10:54 am

bahman wrote:First definition of mind: Mind is essence of any being with the ability to experience, decide and act.

1) Intellect is utility of mind
2) This means that it is impossible to understand mind because intellect is utility of mind
3) This means that it is impossible to perform an act to create mind
IVF.

User avatar
Arising_uk
Posts: 11789
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:31 am

Re: Mind cannot be created

Post by Arising_uk » Tue Sep 06, 2016 11:55 am

bahman wrote:3) This means that it is impossible to perform an act to create mind
Sex.

User avatar
bahman
Posts: 2050
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2016 3:52 pm

Re: Mind cannot be created

Post by bahman » Tue Sep 06, 2016 2:11 pm

attofishpi wrote:
bahman wrote: First definition of mind: Mind is essence of any being with the ability to experience, decide and act.

1) Intellect is utility of mind
2) This means that it is impossible to understand mind because intellect is utility of mind
3) This means that it is impossible to perform an act to create mind
IVF.
That I knew. The problem is that you need to find an error in my reasoning.

User avatar
bahman
Posts: 2050
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2016 3:52 pm

Re: Mind cannot be created

Post by bahman » Tue Sep 06, 2016 2:12 pm

Arising_uk wrote:
bahman wrote: 3) This means that it is impossible to perform an act to create mind
Sex.
That I knew. I am however interested that how such a thing is possible.

User avatar
Arising_uk
Posts: 11789
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:31 am

Re: Mind cannot be created

Post by Arising_uk » Tue Sep 06, 2016 2:15 pm

bahman wrote: That I knew. I am however interested that how such a thing is possible.
It's called the Theory of Evolution.

User avatar
bahman
Posts: 2050
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2016 3:52 pm

Re: Mind cannot be created

Post by bahman » Tue Sep 06, 2016 2:29 pm

Arising_uk wrote:
bahman wrote: That I knew. I am however interested that how such a thing is possible.
It's called the Theory of Evolution.
Again, that I knew. The problem which I raised is that we cannot know what mind is because the intellect is utility of mind hence we are not able to create something which has mind.

User avatar
attofishpi
Posts: 3247
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:10 am
Location: Orion Spur
Contact:

Re: Mind cannot be created

Post by attofishpi » Tue Sep 06, 2016 3:11 pm

bahman wrote:
Arising_uk wrote:
bahman wrote: That I knew. I am however interested that how such a thing is possible.
It's called the Theory of Evolution.
Again, that I knew. The problem which I raised is that we cannot know what mind is because the intellect is utility of mind hence we are not able to create something which has mind.
You have already been shown two ways we can and do create 'something which has mind.'

User avatar
Arising_uk
Posts: 11789
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:31 am

Re: Mind cannot be created

Post by Arising_uk » Tue Sep 06, 2016 3:16 pm

bahman wrote: Again, that I knew. The problem which I raised is that we cannot know what mind is because the intellect is utility of mind hence we are not able to create something which has mind.
But since 'mind' may well be a function of a body with senses in an external environment we may well be able to use the intellect to create such a body and hence create a mind.

User avatar
attofishpi
Posts: 3247
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:10 am
Location: Orion Spur
Contact:

Re: Mind cannot be created

Post by attofishpi » Tue Sep 06, 2016 3:37 pm

Arising_uk wrote:.. since 'mind' may well be a function of a body with senses in an external environment we may well be able to use the intellect to create such a body and hence create a mind.
Do you believe if we had a machine that could arrange the molecules required to replicate a human to the atomic level, we would in fact have a human - sensing, breathing and eventually farting?

User avatar
bahman
Posts: 2050
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2016 3:52 pm

Re: Mind cannot be created

Post by bahman » Tue Sep 06, 2016 3:37 pm

attofishpi wrote:
bahman wrote:
Arising_uk wrote: It's called the Theory of Evolution.
Again, that I knew. The problem which I raised is that we cannot know what mind is because the intellect is utility of mind hence we are not able to create something which has mind.
You have already been shown two ways we can and do create 'something which has mind.
I don't recall that. Could you please direct me to the thread that I made such a claim?

User avatar
HexHammer
Posts: 3195
Joined: Sat May 14, 2011 8:19 pm
Location: Denmark

Re: Mind cannot be created

Post by HexHammer » Tue Sep 06, 2016 3:40 pm

bahman wrote:First definition of mind: Mind is essence of any being with the ability to experience, decide and act.

1) Intellect is utility of mind
2) This means that it is impossible to understand mind because intellect is utility of mind
3) This means that it is impossible to perform an act to create mind
Have you lived a sheltered life? ..you should know such things like psychology and neurology ..just to name a few things that spend time on researching the mind.

You are utterly clueless, and kuku!

User avatar
bahman
Posts: 2050
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2016 3:52 pm

Re: Mind cannot be created

Post by bahman » Tue Sep 06, 2016 3:54 pm

Arising_uk wrote:
bahman wrote:
Again, that I knew. The problem which I raised is that we cannot know what mind is because the intellect is utility of mind hence we are not able to create something which has mind.
But since 'mind' may well be a function of a body with senses in an external environment we may well be able to use the intellect to create such a body and hence create a mind.
That is the point that I am trying to reach with my argument. Is that possible that we understand how we are understanding? In fact the problem that we are dealing is much harder than that since understanding is a faculty of mind.

User avatar
attofishpi
Posts: 3247
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:10 am
Location: Orion Spur
Contact:

Re: Mind cannot be created

Post by attofishpi » Tue Sep 06, 2016 3:55 pm

bahman wrote:
attofishpi wrote:
bahman wrote:
Again, that I knew. The problem which I raised is that we cannot know what mind is because the intellect is utility of mind hence we are not able to create something which has mind.
You have already been shown two ways we can and do create 'something which has mind.
I don't recall that. Could you please direct me to the thread that I made such a claim?
What claim? Please re-read.

User avatar
attofishpi
Posts: 3247
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:10 am
Location: Orion Spur
Contact:

Re: Mind cannot be created

Post by attofishpi » Tue Sep 06, 2016 3:58 pm

bahman wrote:
Arising_uk wrote:
bahman wrote:
Again, that I knew. The problem which I raised is that we cannot know what mind is because the intellect is utility of mind hence we are not able to create something which has mind.
But since 'mind' may well be a function of a body with senses in an external environment we may well be able to use the intellect to create such a body and hence create a mind.
That is the point that I am trying to reach with my argument. Is that possible that we understand how we are understanding? In fact the problem that we are dealing is much harder than that since understanding is a faculty of mind.
So your point is, that it takes a more complex intelligence to create a lower complexity intelligence? A lower complexity intelligence cannot create a higher complexity or more intelligent intelligence?
Last edited by attofishpi on Tue Sep 06, 2016 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests