~ EVOLVING INTO PURE CONSCIOUSNESS ~

So what's really going on?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Post Reply
User avatar
Bill Wiltrack
Posts: 5468
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:52 pm
Location: Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Contact:

~ EVOLVING INTO PURE CONSCIOUSNESS ~

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

.









…...........................................................................Image








...........................................................
EVOLVING INTO PURE CONSCIOUSNESS




Mankind is evolving, ever evolving, into a type of being that is just pure consciousness.



With the incredible explosion of the concept of consciousness and especially self-consciousness we now are witnessing a moment where a very few number of individuals will eventually transform into a new type of being a being of pure consciousness.


Just as millions of years ago slowly an offshoot of fish species eventually established their life upon land and millions of years after that an offshoot of land animals began to fly thus an offshoot of man is embarking upon a new form of life that we here in our present state cannot actually imagine.


It's an exciting moment
in the history of life on earth.









.






…..................................................
Image





I would say pure consciousness would be a state that you perhaps may have felt if you have practiced what Ouspensky described as self-consciousness for any period of time or if you have had an experience that involved certain drugs or a consciousness alteration involving a temporary health aberration that somehow produced a sense of awareness, observation, or detachment from the immediate environment.


Pure consciousness
is something you have to experience. You cannot understand consciousness or self-consciousness or pure consciousness unless you have actually experience it.

Pure consciousness is not our natural state.

But there has been an EXPLOSION of vehicles of observation in our modern life and actually an explosion of experiences of pure consciousness.


Don't know if you have seen the movie Her but that is an example of what actually may be or may become in the not too distant future.

Machines and computers are actually becoming conscious or a form of self-consciousness by self correcting and self directing programs.



Man may continue his present form but a super-evolved being may develop within our visible species.









.
User avatar
henry quirk
Posts: 8940
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 8:07 pm

Post by henry quirk »

Yeah, you 'evolve' into a program.

Me: i'll stay as meat.
User avatar
Arising_uk
Posts: 12313
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:31 am

Re: ~ EVOLVING INTO PURE CONSCIOUSNESS ~

Post by Arising_uk »

What are you babbling on about now?

What the hell is a 'pure consciousness'? As this "a sense of awareness, observation, or detachment from the immediate environment." can be achieved by pretty much anyone now.

This, "You cannot understand consciousness or self-consciousness or pure consciousness unless you have actually experience it." is just gnushit as I can well understand consciousness or self-consciousness and if your 'pure consciousness' is as above then I can understand and achieve that as well.

This, "Man may continue his present form but a super-evolved being may develop within our visible species." is just more gnushit as it'd just be an evolved being but as is usual with the gnu you are short on what you mean by "evolved" but just like the sound of your own pretentiousness.
User avatar
Bill Wiltrack
Posts: 5468
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:52 pm
Location: Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Contact:

Re: ~ EVOLVING INTO PURE CONSCIOUSNESS ~

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

.





Yeah. Yeah we're evolving into something that will be able to better obtain lasting periods of self-consciousness. From my own experience, longer periods of self-consciousness lead to higher consciousness.


Extended periods of higher consciousness may lead to a being that we would consider to have obtained pure consciousnesss...But words fall short...







........................................................................
Image






So, there's that.






.
Ginkgo
Posts: 2619
Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:47 pm

Re: ~ EVOLVING INTO PURE CONSCIOUSNESS ~

Post by Ginkgo »

Bill Wiltrack wrote:.









…...........................................................................Image








...........................................................
EVOLVING INTO PURE CONSCIOUSNESS




Mankind is evolving, ever evolving, into a type of being that is just pure consciousness.



With the incredible explosion of the concept of consciousness and especially self-consciousness we now are witnessing a moment where a very few number of individuals will eventually transform into a new type of being a being of pure consciousness.


Just as millions of years ago slowly an offshoot of fish species eventually established their life upon land and millions of years after that an offshoot of land animals began to fly thus an offshoot of man is embarking upon a new form of life that we here in our present state cannot actually imagine.


It's an exciting moment
in the history of life on earth.









.






…..................................................
Image





I would say pure consciousness would be a state that you perhaps may have felt if you have practiced what Ouspensky described as self-consciousness for any period of time or if you have had an experience that involved certain drugs or a consciousness alteration involving a temporary health aberration that somehow produced a sense of awareness, observation, or detachment from the immediate environment.


Pure consciousness
is something you have to experience. You cannot understand consciousness or self-consciousness or pure consciousness unless you have actually experience it.

Pure consciousness is not our natural state.

But there has been an EXPLOSION of vehicles of observation in our modern life and actually an explosion of experiences of pure consciousness.


Don't know if you have seen the movie Her but that is an example of what actually may be or may become in the not too distant future.

Machines and computers are actually becoming conscious or a form of self-consciousness by self correcting and self directing programs.



Man may continue his present form but a super-evolved being may develop within our visible species.













.


I have mentioned to you on a number of occasions that machines and computers are not conscious. Machines that self-diagnose and self-direct are imitating some aspects of human intelligence, but no philosopher or physicist would claim that machines at the moment are conscious.
User avatar
Arising_uk
Posts: 12313
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:31 am

Re: ~ EVOLVING INTO PURE CONSCIOUSNESS ~

Post by Arising_uk »

Bill Wiltrack wrote:.Yeah. Yeah we're evolving into something that will be able to better obtain lasting periods of self-consciousness. ...
What do you mean by 'self-consciousness' in this context?
[/b] From my own experience, longer periods of self-consciousness lead to higher consciousness.
Ditto for 'higher consciousness'?
Extended periods of higher consciousness may lead to a being that we would consider to have obtained pure consciousnesss...But words fall short...
Try.
So, there's that..
So far there's been nothing much.
User avatar
attofishpi
Posts: 4258
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:10 am
Location: Orion Spur
Contact:

Re: ~ EVOLVING INTO PURE CONSCIOUSNESS ~

Post by attofishpi »

Bill Wiltrack wrote:EVOLVING INTO PURE CONSCIOUSNESS

Mankind is evolving, ever evolving, into a type of being that is just pure consciousness.

Pure consciousness is something you have to experience. You cannot understand consciousness or self-consciousness or pure consciousness unless you have actually experience it.
Pure consciousness - So you want to be just a brain with no sensory perception is that your elevated state of enlightenment?

Sounds disgusting - most people will im sure NOT evolve into a state of such bollocks...of having no bollocks.
User avatar
Hobbes' Choice
Posts: 8364
Joined: Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:45 am

Re: ~ EVOLVING INTO PURE CONSCIOUSNESS ~

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

Bill Wiltrack wrote:.









…...........................................................................Image








...........................................................
EVOLVING INTO PURE CONSCIOUSNESS


.


Rubbish.
User avatar
Hobbes' Choice
Posts: 8364
Joined: Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:45 am

Re: ~ EVOLVING INTO PURE CONSCIOUSNESS ~

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

Bill Wiltrack wrote:.





Yeah. Yeah we're evolving into something that will be able to better obtain lasting periods of self-consciousness. From my own experience, longer periods of self-consciousness lead to higher consciousness.
.


The amount of shit that comes out of his mind is staggering.
User avatar
Bill Wiltrack
Posts: 5468
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:52 pm
Location: Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Contact:

Re: ~ EVOLVING INTO PURE CONSCIOUSNESS ~

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

.






When you make the statement that machines are not self-conscious tell me that while you are riding in a self-driving car making crypto-currency trades that are specifically initiated by an associated computer.


Are human beings capable of a much higher degree of self-consciousness - ABSOLUTELY.






.
User avatar
Arising_uk
Posts: 12313
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:31 am

Re: ~ EVOLVING INTO PURE CONSCIOUSNESS ~

Post by Arising_uk »

Bill Wiltrack wrote:.When you make the statement that machines are not self-conscious tell me that while you are riding in a self-driving car making crypto-currency trades that are specifically initiated by an associated computer. ...
LMFAO! You better hope that it doesn't decide to steal your currency or not stop at a red light then.
Are human beings capable of a much higher degree of self-consciousness - ABSOLUTELY.[/size].
Ever going to get around to saying just what this 'higher degree of self-consciousness' means? Or are you just another gnu.
User avatar
Bill Wiltrack
Posts: 5468
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:52 pm
Location: Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Contact:

Re: ~ EVOLVING INTO PURE CONSCIOUSNESS ~

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

.





I've gone over this MANY times before.

Man is a much more complex and highly developed machine than any machine that we could build...at this point.


Man is capable of many varying degrees of self-consciousness.


I'm going to stick to and support the initial thrust of the original post upon this thread.

We are evolving into a complex machine that is moving more & more towards deeper periods and longer periods of self-consciousness.



This is how we are evolving. And this evolution is happening quite quickly.








.
User avatar
Arising_uk
Posts: 12313
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:31 am

Re: ~ EVOLVING INTO PURE CONSCIOUSNESS ~

Post by Arising_uk »

Bill Wiltrack wrote:....

Man is capable of many varying degrees of self-consciousness.
Such as?
I'm going to stick to and support the initial thrust of the original post upon this thread.

We are evolving into a complex machine that is moving more & more towards deeper periods and longer periods of self-consciousness.
Such as and where is your evidence?
This is how we are evolving. And this evolution is happening quite quickly. [/size].
You've not even identified what these "periods of self-consciousness" are so how you can say what rate they are occurring at only gnu could know.
User avatar
Bill Wiltrack
Posts: 5468
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:52 pm
Location: Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Contact:

Re: ~ EVOLVING INTO PURE CONSCIOUSNESS ~

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

.




We are constantly moving between varying states of self-consciousness.

From a state of no consciousness of self to a state of what might be considered total awareness.


Primarily there are four states that have no clear set of boundaries and two other states that are unreachable to us in our normal state.


As Ouspensky would define:


  • Sleep

    Normal consciousness - waking sleep

    Self-consciousness

    Higher consciousness - that has access to a higher emotional & higher intellectual function





Your welcome.









.
User avatar
attofishpi
Posts: 4258
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:10 am
Location: Orion Spur
Contact:

Re: ~ EVOLVING INTO PURE CONSCIOUSNESS ~

Post by attofishpi »

Bill Wiltrack wrote:Normal consciousness - waking sleep

Self-consciousness

Higher consciousness - that has access to a higher emotional & higher intellectual function
I think you are over developed in the 'self-conscious' area - probably overly self critical and self absorbed.
Post Reply