''Something'' and ''Nothing'' are the same ONE

So what's really going on?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Walker

Re: ''Something'' and ''Nothing'' are the same ONE

Post by Walker »

Doesn’t fit the evidence. When nothing is actually a truck that hits you, then nothing proves to be something.

However, continuing with the possibilities of inference, evidence suggests that thoughts are faster-than-light massless particles.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Walker wrote:Doesn’t fit the evidence. When nothing is actually a truck that hits you, then nothing proves to be something.
You're not paying attention, Walker. This is the point at which you and the truck become "the one".
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Walker wrote:Doesn’t fit the evidence. When nothing is actually a truck that hits you, then nothing proves to be something.
There is no you.

Sorry to inform you ...you have no form except in the form of in formation.

Can you see the information sending images and sound to your awareness, is it your awareness or does that belong to awareness only?

Can you stop the hearing of sound, or stop the sight from your eyes, can you stop the info being processed by your brain, can you stop tasting an orange when eating it, can you stop the smell of a rose with your nose, can you stop your heart beating, your lungs breathing, your stomach digesting all the food eaten....

If you can do all these things then perhaps I'll believe there is a you, until then there is no you, there is something, but it's not you.

Get it.
Dalek Prime

Post by Dalek Prime »

Harbal wrote:
You're not paying attention, Walker. This is the point at which you and the truck become "the one".
Wishful thinking...
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

We are all accustomed to believe that everything is made of something. We are taught that matter consists of molecules and that molecules are made of atoms which are themselves made of even smaller components. This line of reasoning makes sense initially but, as seen below, it cannot be sustained.

The notion that matter is made of something quickly leads to an infinite regress. If something is made of other things, what are the other things made of?
And so on, ad infinitum.
We are left with no choice other than to accept the truth that matter is made of nothing.
But how can this be? How can something be made of nothing? What is the logic?

The best way to understand the logic behind an ex-nihilo universe is to use an analogy.
Just as zero is the sum of all positive and negative numbers, nothing is the sum of everything positive and negative.
It sounds absurd but nothing is, in reality, everything. This means that all properties/things must come in complementary/opposite pairs so as to sum up to nothing.
It follows that any imbalance (a non-zero sum) must be corrected so as to conserve nothing.
Change/motion is thus nature's way of correcting a violation of the mother of all conservation principles, the conservation of nothing.
This law is applied universally, i.e., non-locally. The universe is one, as it's name implies.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Dontaskme wrote:.
We are left with no choice other than to accept the truth that matter is made of nothing.
Now that you've left us with no choice but to accept the truth that matter is made of nothing, what are we supposed to do with this new knowledge? What use is it? What does it change? Of what benefit will it be to me to know that every time I encounter an object there is nothing there?
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

I love you Harbal.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Lacewing wrote:I love you Harbal.
Don't waste your love on me, Lacewing, I don't consist of anything, apparently.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Harbal wrote:Don't waste your love on me, Lacewing, I don't consist of anything, apparently.
So then, NEITHER DO I... so I guess we're in the same nothingness together, and nothing is going on.

I, too, want to know what we're supposed to do with this information? It doesn't sound very fun.
Dalek Prime

Post by Dalek Prime »

Lacewing wrote:
Harbal wrote:Don't waste your love on me, Lacewing, I don't consist of anything, apparently.
So then, NEITHER DO I... so I guess we're in the same nothingness together, and nothing is going on.

I, too, want to know what we're supposed to do with this information? It doesn't sound very fun.
If you're given nothing, make nothing-ade.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Dalek Prime wrote:If you're given nothing, make nothing-ade.
How very positive and inspiring of you, Dalek. :D
Dalek Prime

Post by Dalek Prime »

Lacewing wrote:
Dalek Prime wrote:If you're given nothing, make nothing-ade.
How very positive and inspiring of you, Dalek. :D
What can I say, Lace? Everyone knows I'm a happy camper lol! :wink:
Dubious

Post by Dubious »

Dalek Prime wrote:What I don't fathom is, how anyone can confuse something with nothing. And then make a big deal out of it, with no point made.
It's one of the specialties of the human race. We also do it in reverse not that it makes a difference beyond confusing the hell out of us. Conversely...or should I say perversely, the rest of the animal kingdom are quite clear on the subject especially when the supposed nothing was meant to be supper.
Dubious

Post by Dubious »

Harbal wrote:Of what benefit will it be to me to know that every time I encounter an object there is nothing there?
Now you know how the object feels!
Dalek Prime

Post by Dalek Prime »

HexHammer wrote:...pure nonsense and babble thread! Why must I suffer so much?!?!?
Because you exist.