You are all fools.

So what's really going on?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

GreatandWiseTrixie

Re: You are all fools.

Post by GreatandWiseTrixie »

Arising_uk wrote:
GreatandWiseTrixie wrote:How does one experience this nothing?
One doesn't.
So, what you're saying is...this life is the only life, when you die time will travel to infinity and beyond, and you will never ever ever gain consciousness again, that this life, this planet, is significant, and special, and this life is the only life? and when you die, consciousness just...simply ceases to exist forever and ever and always? God I wish I could believe that fairytale...
mickthinks

Post by mickthinks »

Why do you say it's a fairytale?

Why do you wish you believed it?
GreatandWiseTrixie

mickthinks wrote:Why do you say it's a fairytale?

Why do you wish you believed it?
Must be nice to not exist. I'm jealous of all the dead people who live in eternal nonexistence.
mickthinks

Post by mickthinks »

Okay, it's clear you haven't grasped (maybe you're incapable of grasping) what non-existence means, Trixie.
GreatandWiseTrixie

mickthinks wrote:Okay, it's clear you haven't grasped (maybe you're incapable of grasping) what non-existence means, Trixie.
I have, have you?
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

GreatandWiseTrixie wrote:So, what you're saying is...this life is the only life, ...
That is what I believe, don't want to but just do.
when you die time will travel to infinity and beyond, ...
You can't go beyond infinity woody and I see no reason why time cannot stop, all it needs is no matter to change.
and you will never ever ever gain consciousness again, ...
For my sins that sounds about right.
that this life, this planet, is significant, and special, and this life is the only life?
Yup. As opposed to which other planet? Doubt this feature is significant or special and would apply to all living things.
and when you die, consciousness just...simply ceases to exist forever and ever and always?
Yup. If you mean this consciousness that is.
God I wish I could believe that fairytale...
It's quite beyond me to believe anything else, much as tho' it would be nice.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

GreatandWiseTrixie wrote:I have, have you?
Not if you think dead people are living in eternal non-existence you haven't.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

GreatandWiseTrixie wrote:
mickthinks wrote:Okay, it's clear you haven't grasped (maybe you're incapable of grasping) what non-existence means, Trixie.
I have, have you?
Death, albeit non existence, is zero time (for one that did observe it).
A recursive termination point within the matter we existed and were immersed within. Where does that 'pointer' or perhaps 'soul' drop back to?

In a familiar mode that possibly could be considered rather similar, "sleep" allows one to "leap" forward in time...with rather little in the way of contemplation of the in-between.

S_leep...(leap)

S being the representation of a sin wave..part of the quagmire of the God embedded English language and what in effect we are immersed within:- a field of energy. ref:- http://www.androcies.com
GreatandWiseTrixie

Arising_uk wrote:
GreatandWiseTrixie wrote:I have, have you?
Not if you think dead people are living in eternal non-existence you haven't.
Someone's sarcasm detector seems to be offline.
"Death, albeit non existence, is zero time (for one that did observe it).
A recursive termination point within the matter we existed and were immersed within. Where does that 'pointer' or perhaps 'soul' drop back to?

In a familiar mode that possibly could be considered rather similar, "sleep" allows one to "leap" forward in time...with rather little in the way of contemplation of the in-between.

S_leep...(leap)"
I'd say the heavens or some other dimension.
mtmynd1

Post by mtmynd1 »

Following this thread and as in all things, duality is at play with those who believe in an afterlife and those who don't. Neither side has definite proof of their belief and simply "believe" in their choice of belief.

Personally I have come over the years to believe that *all* life has a commonality that connects us all. Using that whether one believes it or not, perhaps can comprehend this analogy : consider we are all, (and I speak of all living entities), have within us a yet undefinable "inner light" which those who have learned from others who believe this, is akin to let's say, light bulbs. We are all like light bulbs, some of which are of higher wattage than others and vice-versa. When our bulb no longer functions (our bodies), due to various problems, the light no longer is seen, i.e. the filament no longer is lighted.

We call that state "death"... we have died. What has died is our 'ego life', the life we are currently living, with particular attributes which identify our personality from others, (think voices, finger prints, eyes, etc... even with the natural world there are individual trees that stand out different from all the others, sharks that may look all alike but do have different qualities or attributes that make them different from other sharks and on and on it goes. The only commonality is that which gives us "life" which is that "inner light" within all living things. When the body dies, i.e. no longer is able to sustain the light, it is not this light which "goes out" but returns to the source from which it came. When our computer dies, the electricity which gives it "life" doesn't die but continues being electricity. It is no different for any living entity, no matter it's size or purpose, we all share this light (electricity) that "powers life to be".

True, this is but a belief but for me, after years of studying this and contemplating the common sense of this belief to become a way of "life" for me and one I will trust in until my final breath. What have I got to lose? What have I got to gain..? :)
ncrbrts

Post by ncrbrts »

GreatandWiseTrixie wrote: Yet you cling to life like a mindless, stupid ape, because you see all the others around you worshiping the "joys of life" like a pony worships peanut butter. Do you not tire of this?
I tire of it to the point that I decided to no longer cling to life, despite any responsibility I may have to my apish offspring.

The "joys of life" is clearly either a great secret or a great folly that has been eluding me for years.

I also wonder why it is you continue to cling to life..? So, you are also a mindless, stupid ape who preaches to other stupid apes about how stupid and pointless their existence is? Calls to mind the great playground cry of "takes one to know one".
Moyo

Post by Moyo »

If , in creating the factors of a number, you place a zero..the whole number becomes zero.

If death represented a recursion of zero in the totality, there would be no totality.

If you have never experienced "not knowing"..how can you say it exists?
Dalek Prime

Post by Dalek Prime »

Yep. The whole world is engorged with fools. Good luck changing a damned thing.
dionisos

Post by dionisos »

I am trying to create the 1, and i will surely fail, other fools after me will try.
Greta

Post by Greta »

Being a philosophy forum, it would seem prudent to examine the definition of "fool". Google tell us it's "a person who acts unwisely or imprudently; a silly person".

A "person". Is foolishness purely the domain of humans, or of primates, mammals, vertebrates, of life per se? At what point does imprudent, impulsive, self-directed behaviour transcend naivete and blind instinct and achieve bona fide foolishness? Is provocative rudeness and misanthropy the mark of one who is not a fool? Perhaps it's the self-proclaimed mighty mind looking down at the intellectual insects with scorn and not a shred of empathy, berating those who dare look at reality through different eyes?

What turned people into fools, or did they simply fail to rise from the "foolishness" of childhood? Is it necessary for a non-fool to beat their chest and sing their own praises or is humility acceptable? Is contemptuous judgement of others the signs of a superior mind? Does furious impatience for humankind to evolve more quickly demonstrate wisdom?

Nope x 6.