~ The Meaning of Life ~

So what's really going on?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

User avatar
Arising_uk
Posts: 12313
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:31 am

Re: ~ The Meaning of Life ~

Post by Arising_uk »

GreatandWiseTrixie wrote:I am not totally colorblind but the security question was exceptionally difficult for me to answer. ...
have you brought it up with Admin or the mods?
As far as color harmony, my avatar makes good use of it and provides powerful energy.
I'll take you word for it, makes you look a bit demented to me.
Your avatar's color harmony is not as vivid or unified.
Take it up with Warner Bros.
User avatar
GreatandWiseTrixie
Posts: 1547
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:51 pm

Re: ~ The Meaning of Life ~

Post by GreatandWiseTrixie »

Arising_uk wrote:
GreatandWiseTrixie wrote:I am not totally colorblind but the security question was exceptionally difficult for me to answer. ...
have you brought it up with Admin or the mods?
As far as color harmony, my avatar makes good use of it and provides powerful energy.
I'll take you word for it, makes you look a bit demented to me.
Your avatar's color harmony is not as vivid or unified.
Take it up with Warner Bros.
You see whatever you put in, you take whatever you bring with you. Although, scientifically speaking, scans would show that my avatar provides more quantifiable energy.
User avatar
Arising_uk
Posts: 12313
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:31 am

Re: ~ The Meaning of Life ~

Post by Arising_uk »

GreatandWiseTrixie wrote:You see whatever you put in, you take whatever you bring with you.
So what do you see in this image?
Although, scientifically speaking, scans would show that my avatar provides more quantifiable energy.
I'll bite, which studies prove this?
User avatar
GreatandWiseTrixie
Posts: 1547
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:51 pm

Re: ~ The Meaning of Life ~

Post by GreatandWiseTrixie »

Arising_uk wrote:
GreatandWiseTrixie wrote:You see whatever you put in, you take whatever you bring with you.
So what do you see in this image?
Although, scientifically speaking, scans would show that my avatar provides more quantifiable energy.
I'll bite, which studies prove this?
High contrast, lots of reds, purple and green hairstyle (inverse and obnoxious colors) and her pose is very stimulating and dominating, both from her facial expressions and how the camera is looking from a shorter, subservient perspective. The background color is high luminous energy, and there is strong wood in the background. Her skin is purple, indicating high blood flow and stimulation, usually after intense exertion. Dark eyeshadow is usually associated with an edgy and seductive personality. In addition, her hair is accentuated with sharp, spiky and high energy stars. She holds a ruler in the pose of ready to release and pent up energy, and rulers have a variety of high energy associations.

The feelings I get from yours is a sense of a washing machine detergent container.
Last edited by GreatandWiseTrixie on Mon Feb 09, 2015 12:56 am, edited 5 times in total.
User avatar
Lev Muishkin
Posts: 399
Joined: Sat Nov 15, 2014 11:21 pm

Re: ~ The Meaning of Life ~

Post by Lev Muishkin »

thedoc wrote:
Bill Wiltrack wrote:.
You're support is much appreciated. And don't think it will go unnoticed.

Does Bill even read the threads he posts in? or do we have another Socrates here?
NO; NO.
User avatar
Arising_uk
Posts: 12313
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:31 am

Re: ~ The Meaning of Life ~

Post by Arising_uk »

GreatandWiseTrixie wrote:High contrast, lots of reds, purple and green hairstyle (inverse and obnoxious colors) and her pose is very stimulating and dominating, both from her facial expressions and how the camera is looking from a shorter, subservient perspective. The background color is high luminous energy, and there is strong wood in the background. Her skin is purple, indicating high blood flow and stimulation, usually after intense exertion. Dark eyeshadow is usually associated with an edgy and seductive personality. In addition, her hair is accentuated with sharp, spiky and high energy stars. She holds a ruler in the pose of ready to release and pent up energy, and rulers have a variety of high energy associations.
So appealing to masochists and subs then? And the image of one who wishes to portray the teacher-dom?

Not hearing anything about the science studies?
The feelings I get from yours is a sense of a washing machine detergent container.
Take it up with Warner Bros as it had mass-appeal. Me, it was just a set of coincidences and now to stubborn to remove it as I like the way he looks to the posts and given the character ironically echoes The Thinker.
Last edited by Arising_uk on Mon Feb 09, 2015 1:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
jimmy cricket
Posts: 9
Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2015 4:24 am

Re: ~ The Meaning of Life ~

Post by jimmy cricket »

Lev Muishkin, not to make an enemy, but what was the 'Meaning of Life'', for Hume :?: I myself like Descartes, but Hume had his moments. I had a philosophy professor who wrote his thesis on Hume, so we got one insiders opinion.
User avatar
GreatandWiseTrixie
Posts: 1547
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:51 pm

Re: ~ The Meaning of Life ~

Post by GreatandWiseTrixie »

Arising_uk wrote:Take it up with Warner Bros as it had mass-appeal.
No reason to. Without washing machines, where would we be? We'd have smelly clothes. Eventually after many years of smelling the bacteria, we would become physically sick. Then, we would be transported to a hospital, and cared for. If you did not have insurance, you would be asked to pay an unfair amount of money for services rendered.

Such a scene would belong in any cartoon.

Alternatively, the clothes could be hand-washed. The scene would perhaps appear briefly in a more serious movie. Which has more worth, the cartoon or the serious movie?

Because they do not know they are in a cartoon, they believe they are not, and believe they have freedom of will. Like a cartoon or movie, the experience seems new and entertaining as you watch it go by. Perhaps one can gain the power of prophecy if one examines the structure of the tropes. Though I assume such power is already embedded in our DNA. Once you are done with the cartoon, you watch a new episode. Or a serious movie, when you get tired of that.

As for your science studies, scans reveal red causes the most brain excitation of any color. The chances of anyone in this world not having such associations are slim to none, since most of the things I mentioned are on an instinctive DNA level.
User avatar
Bill Wiltrack
Posts: 5468
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:52 pm
Location: Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Contact:

Re: ~ The Meaning of Life ~

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

.


This is so bazaar. I was just thinking along these lines. Just like you;

Because they do not know they are in a cartoon, they believe they are not, and believe they have freedom of will. Like a cartoon or movie, the experience seems new and entertaining as you watch it go by. Perhaps one can gain the power of prophecy if one examines the structure of the tropes. Though I assume such power is already embedded in our DNA. Once you are done with the cartoon, you watch a new episode. Or a serious movie, when you get tired of that.



...except you articulate much better than I.

Congratulations.




.
jimmy cricket
Posts: 9
Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2015 4:24 am

Re: ~ The Meaning of Life ~

Post by jimmy cricket »

Bill Wiltrack, what type of knowledge do you posses? I prefer reason as my tool.
User avatar
Bill Wiltrack
Posts: 5468
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:52 pm
Location: Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Contact:

Re: ~ The Meaning of Life ~

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

.


I too understand reason to be a tool.



I am nothing.



.
User avatar
GreatandWiseTrixie
Posts: 1547
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:51 pm

Re: ~ The Meaning of Life ~

Post by GreatandWiseTrixie »

Bill Wiltrack wrote:

I would also like to mention more about "the primitive level". For example, in music, major and minor chords grip everyone on a primitive level, in the same way. But sometimes people get tired of their own primitive instincts, and find new forms of music, like dubstep, dissonance, and non-music. In cases such as Nikki Minaj, the appeal to the primitive instinct is not in the melody or the harmony (or lack thereof), but in the lyrics and feeling of the beat. And some artists turn annoying instruments into something desirable (like electronic alarm clocks). Thus, it is said, that there is no such thing as bad art, no matter how nauseating or boring, because perhaps nausea was the goal all along.

And, sometimes certain primal instincts are just not inherited, like in those who are born asexual. However, I think asexuality is more common trait than not being able to sense the impact of minor and major chords.
User avatar
Arising_uk
Posts: 12313
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:31 am

Re: ~ The Meaning of Life ~

Post by Arising_uk »

GreatandWiseTrixie wrote:No reason to. Without washing machines, where would we be? We'd have smelly clothes. Eventually after many years of smelling the bacteria, we would become physically sick. Then, we would be transported to a hospital, and cared for. If you did not have insurance, you would be asked to pay an unfair amount of money for services rendered.
Not over here you wouldn't as we have a National health Service paid out of general taxation.
Such a scene would belong in any cartoon.

Alternatively, the clothes could be hand-washed. The scene would perhaps appear briefly in a more serious movie. Which has more worth, the cartoon or the serious movie?
Depends what the point is?
Because they do not know they are in a cartoon, they believe they are not, and believe they have freedom of will. ...
Not sure who 'they' are but I think there only freedom of choice.
Like a cartoon or movie, the experience seems new and entertaining as you watch it go by. Perhaps one can gain the power of prophecy if one examines the structure of the tropes. Though I assume such power is already embedded in our DNA. Once you are done with the cartoon, you watch a new episode. Or a serious movie, when you get tired of that.
What experience are you referring to?
As for your science studies, scans reveal red causes the most brain excitation of any color. The chances of anyone in this world not having such associations are slim to none, since most of the things I mentioned are on an instinctive DNA level.
They were your science studies? But I thank you for that as I did a goggle and red does seem to focus attention, unfortunately it also appears to impair some cognitive functions so maybe not best for a philosophy forum? Blue appears to be best for creativity. Which type of colour-blindness do you have and aren't you excluding the colour-blind with your avatar colour scheme?
User avatar
Arising_uk
Posts: 12313
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:31 am

Re: ~ The Meaning of Life ~

Post by Arising_uk »

bizarre - FTFY
User avatar
GreatandWiseTrixie
Posts: 1547
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:51 pm

Re: ~ The Meaning of Life ~

Post by GreatandWiseTrixie »

Arising_uk wrote:
GreatandWiseTrixie wrote:No reason to. Without washing machines, where would we be? We'd have smelly clothes. Eventually after many years of smelling the bacteria, we would become physically sick. Then, we would be transported to a hospital, and cared for. If you did not have insurance, you would be asked to pay an unfair amount of money for services rendered.
Not over here you wouldn't as we have a National health Service paid out of general taxation.
Such a scene would belong in any cartoon.

Alternatively, the clothes could be hand-washed. The scene would perhaps appear briefly in a more serious movie. Which has more worth, the cartoon or the serious movie?
Depends what the point is?
Because they do not know they are in a cartoon, they believe they are not, and believe they have freedom of will. ...
Not sure who 'they' are but I think there only freedom of choice.
Like a cartoon or movie, the experience seems new and entertaining as you watch it go by. Perhaps one can gain the power of prophecy if one examines the structure of the tropes. Though I assume such power is already embedded in our DNA. Once you are done with the cartoon, you watch a new episode. Or a serious movie, when you get tired of that.
What experience are you referring to?
As for your science studies, scans reveal red causes the most brain excitation of any color. The chances of anyone in this world not having such associations are slim to none, since most of the things I mentioned are on an instinctive DNA level.
They were your science studies? But I thank you for that as I did a goggle and red does seem to focus attention, unfortunately it also appears to impair some cognitive functions so maybe not best for a philosophy forum? Blue appears to be best for creativity. Which type of colour-blindness do you have and aren't you excluding the colour-blind with your avatar colour scheme?
No no no, because not seeing my avatar in technicolor doesn't deny them access to forum features.

Freedom of will, freedom of choice, both are nonsense, they don't exist.

What experience am I referring to? Life.

I am partially colour blind, I fail color optometry test and this forum color choice test. But I can still see art in their colorful glory.

What is the point of a movie you say? Get the blood flowing, and in rare cases, introduce new ideas.

Usually following this formula

intro (mystery or action) part 1 (tragedy) part 2 (quest) part 3 (climax) end (peace)
or just following the predictable formulae on tvtropes
most movies utilize the flow of samsara
by that i dont mean physical death, but perhaps physical death or something like death to drive and birth the plot along, creating the illusion of meaning and purpose, when it is really just nature taking its course, the peace will turn to suffering, the cycle anew, pointless really

what is "bizarre - FTFY"?
Post Reply