The One Life

So what's really going on?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

JPierson

The One Life

Post by JPierson »

There is only one universe. The One Life is the life of the universe and is present at all points in space and time. Every living thing including humans and every material object such as a rock, machine, planet, or star is part of The One Life. The dreams we have while sleeping are part of The One Life. Everything that exists is part of The One Life. We don't have separate lives. Your life and my life are the same life, The One Life. Our lives are part of The One Life. There is really only one living thing in the universe and that is The One Life. The One Life has always existed and will exist forever. Each person is connected to everything that exists. We are connected to the Earth and every animal, plant, and microbe that lives on Earth. Each person is connected to everyone else. We all experience the same thoughts and emotions even though we experience them at different times and places than other people. None of your thoughts and emotions are unique. All of your thoughts and emotions were experienced by other people in the past and are being experienced by other people now. Thoughts and emotions travel from person to person. Each person's mind and brain is part of one group mind that is shared by all humans. Free will is your ability to control your behavior, thoughts, and emotions. Free will is an illusion. Free will does not exist. Nobody has free will. Our behavior, thoughts, and emotions are determined by our environment, our past experiences, and by the chemical interactions and electrical interactions in the brain. We are not punished or rewarded after we die for our behavior during this life on Earth because we do not have free will. Our behavior is determined by The One Life. Our behavior, whether it is right or wrong, is part of The One Life. All events are part of The One Life. All past, present, and future events, all good events, and all bad events, are part of The One Life. The One Life does not make a distinction between good and evil, right and wrong, positive and negative. Individuality is an illusion. Our perception of being a unique person who is different from everyone else is an illusion. Each person is basically the same as everyone else. The similarities shared by every person are greater than the differences between people. We have more in common than most people think. Humans are more alike than they are different. We are all one. We need to stop labeling people. We need to stop putting people into separate categories. We should think of ourselves as humans. We should not think of ourselves as part of a subgroup of humans such as a country, nation, race, tribe, family, religion, corporation, class, culture, subculture, sex, or gender. We are more than just individuals. We are a group. The human species is one group. The theory of evolution proves that every human is genetically related to every other human and that all humans share the same ancestors if we go back far enough, like 200,000 years ago. The human species is not divine, special, or exceptional. Humanity is more important than the wants and needs of one person. Seven billion people are more important than one person. Every member of the human species is more important than one member of the human species. A group is more important than one of its members. 50 people are more important than one person. The wants and needs of the individual are less important than the wants and needs of the group.

J. Pierson
HexHammer

Re: The One Life

Post by HexHammer »

Seems you start off totally wrong by defining our life being the same, a dude who have both legs blown off in combat, doesn't have the same life as one who hasn't.
A terminal ill patient in server pain doesn't have the same quality of life compared to one that is healthy.

..but we share the same reality.
cladking

Post by cladking »

There are numerous ideas in your post to which I can agree but I have a totally different set of axioms to understand reality so to me most of the concepts in it appear distorted or even wrong.

Your denial of free will is perhaps the largest problem. Certainly for many practical purposes all life is one thing and most non-human individuals probably have direct experience of this but all sparrows are not the same thing as all rabbits and "all" humans are very different from each other. Human behavior is based on belief and we each believe what we want to believe. We then have our beliefs reinforced because we see what we expect and what we believe. In time we even become our beliefs.

We are a product of the language which frames our beliefs. Other animals are a product of a natural language with many dialects from elephant to mosquito.

Young people should choose their beliefs wisely and try to stick to what's true and maybe what's palatable.
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

JPierson wrote:There is only one universe. - - - - - - The wants and needs of the individual are less important than the wants and needs of the group.

J. Pierson

Your post, in it's entirety, sounds like Zen Buddhism. (Sorry but I didn't see the need to repete your whole post).
GreatandWiseTrixie

Post by GreatandWiseTrixie »

JPierson wrote:...
Thanks for this dogma, what a full mental fart you have given us. You say all of this like it is a fact. The least you could have done is not made it read like a bunch of run-ons.

I seriously doubt that everyone's thoughts are the same, and you didn't bother to prove any of your claims. Perhaps what you mean to say is that overall, the amount of positive/negative energy we experience is the same, and that suffering and pleasure are both illusory, and that many people's thought patterns tend to be similar.

Though you speak wise words, you make claims such as there only being one universe, and other things you cannot prove, as well as concepts which are similar to the truth, but get confused in the way you present them.
BeyondTheAstral

Post by BeyondTheAstral »

JPierson wrote:There is only one universe. The One Life is the life of the universe and is present at all points in space and time. Every living thing including humans and every material object such as a rock, machine, planet, or star is part of The One Life. The dreams we have while sleeping are part of The One Life. Everything that exists is part of The One Life. We don't have separate lives. Your life and my life are the same life, The One Life. Our lives are part of The One Life. There is really only one living thing in the universe and that is The One Life. The One Life has always existed and will exist forever. Each person is connected to everything that exists. We are connected to the Earth and every animal, plant, and microbe that lives on Earth. Each person is connected to everyone else. We all experience the same thoughts and emotions even though we experience them at different times and places than other people. None of your thoughts and emotions are unique. All of your thoughts and emotions were experienced by other people in the past and are being experienced by other people now. Thoughts and emotions travel from person to person. Each person's mind and brain is part of one group mind that is shared by all humans. Free will is your ability to control your behavior, thoughts, and emotions. Free will is an illusion. Free will does not exist. Nobody has free will. Our behavior, thoughts, and emotions are determined by our environment, our past experiences, and by the chemical interactions and electrical interactions in the brain. We are not punished or rewarded after we die for our behavior during this life on Earth because we do not have free will. Our behavior is determined by The One Life. Our behavior, whether it is right or wrong, is part of The One Life. All events are part of The One Life. All past, present, and future events, all good events, and all bad events, are part of The One Life. The One Life does not make a distinction between good and evil, right and wrong, positive and negative. Individuality is an illusion. Our perception of being a unique person who is different from everyone else is an illusion. Each person is basically the same as everyone else. The similarities shared by every person are greater than the differences between people. We have more in common than most people think. Humans are more alike than they are different. We are all one. We need to stop labeling people. We need to stop putting people into separate categories. We should think of ourselves as humans. We should not think of ourselves as part of a subgroup of humans such as a country, nation, race, tribe, family, religion, corporation, class, culture, subculture, sex, or gender. We are more than just individuals. We are a group. The human species is one group. The theory of evolution proves that every human is genetically related to every other human and that all humans share the same ancestors if we go back far enough, like 200,000 years ago. The human species is not divine, special, or exceptional. Humanity is more important than the wants and needs of one person. Seven billion people are more important than one person. Every member of the human species is more important than one member of the human species. A group is more important than one of its members. 50 people are more important than one person. The wants and needs of the individual are less important than the wants and needs of the group.

J. Pierson

Most of what has been stated is valid – it would appear more feasible if “energy” was used instead of “the one life”. I don’t intend going into detail and going off at a tangent from the main theme – but just need to make the statement everything is energy and for those that have had their third eye opened they have permanent access to “Light and Sound Energy” which is the underpins the whole of creation.
SpheresOfBalance

Post by SpheresOfBalance »

JPierson wrote:There is only one universe. The One Life is the life of the universe and is present at all points in space and time. Every living thing including humans and every material object such as a rock, machine, planet, or star is part of The One Life. The dreams we have while sleeping are part of The One Life. Everything that exists is part of The One Life. We don't have separate lives. Your life and my life are the same life, The One Life. Our lives are part of The One Life. There is really only one living thing in the universe and that is The One Life. The One Life has always existed and will exist forever. Each person is connected to everything that exists. We are connected to the Earth and every animal, plant, and microbe that lives on Earth. Each person is connected to everyone else. We all experience the same thoughts and emotions even though we experience them at different times and places than other people. None of your thoughts and emotions are unique. All of your thoughts and emotions were experienced by other people in the past and are being experienced by other people now. Thoughts and emotions travel from person to person. Each person's mind and brain is part of one group mind that is shared by all humans. Free will is your ability to control your behavior, thoughts, and emotions. Free will is an illusion. Free will does not exist. Nobody has free will. Our behavior, thoughts, and emotions are determined by our environment, our past experiences, and by the chemical interactions and electrical interactions in the brain. We are not punished or rewarded after we die for our behavior during this life on Earth because we do not have free will. Our behavior is determined by The One Life. Our behavior, whether it is right or wrong, is part of The One Life. All events are part of The One Life. All past, present, and future events, all good events, and all bad events, are part of The One Life. The One Life does not make a distinction between good and evil, right and wrong, positive and negative. Individuality is an illusion. Our perception of being a unique person who is different from everyone else is an illusion. Each person is basically the same as everyone else. The similarities shared by every person are greater than the differences between people. We have more in common than most people think. Humans are more alike than they are different. We are all one. We need to stop labeling people. We need to stop putting people into separate categories. We should think of ourselves as humans. We should not think of ourselves as part of a subgroup of humans such as a country, nation, race, tribe, family, religion, corporation, class, culture, subculture, sex, or gender. We are more than just individuals. We are a group. The human species is one group. The theory of evolution proves that every human is genetically related to every other human and that all humans share the same ancestors if we go back far enough, like 200,000 years ago. The human species is not divine, special, or exceptional. Humanity is more important than the wants and needs of one person. Seven billion people are more important than one person. Every member of the human species is more important than one member of the human species. A group is more important than one of its members. 50 people are more important than one person. The wants and needs of the individual are less important than the wants and needs of the group.

J. Pierson
Some of your thoughts I agree with, some I don't. I see that some contradict others. Some of what you are attempting to do is good, while some is bad.

It was a rant. What brought it on? Some kind of chemical?

I agree that we are all one, but no group is more important that one of it's individual constituents. That's like saying that a constituent is not as important as it's whole, while at the same time, saying that the whole is a result of all its constituents, which is exactly what you seem to be saying. I denounce your group, if you say it's more important than me. Because I'm more important than any group, unless I choose otherwise. You're right that largely people are not responsible for what they do. In fact they are programmed due to socioeconomics and thus ever variable knowledge, and means. You basically have the right idea, but it needs much refinement. At least that's the way I see it.

I could go on to further critique your rant, but I'm being selfish with my time.
GreatandWiseTrixie

Post by GreatandWiseTrixie »

BeyondTheAstral wrote: Most of what has been stated is valid – it would appear more feasible if “energy” was used instead of “the one life”. I don’t intend going into detail and going off at a tangent from the main theme – but just need to make the statement everything is energy and for those that have had their third eye opened they have permanent access to “Light and Sound Energy” which is the underpins the whole of creation.
Hmm. Permanent access to Light and Sound energy? You don't need a third eye for that. And theres nothing permanent about it, unless you're into hardcore flouride dodging. And what's the point anyway? To suck up energy like a drug? And when you get tired of that, what then? Going across the galaxy like an anime villian looking to get your third eye sucked dry?
BeyondTheAstral

Post by BeyondTheAstral »

GreatandWiseTrixie wrote:
BeyondTheAstral wrote: Most of what has been stated is valid – it would appear more feasible if “energy” was used instead of “the one life”. I don’t intend going into detail and going off at a tangent from the main theme – but just need to make the statement everything is energy and for those that have had their third eye opened they have permanent access to “Light and Sound Energy” which is the underpins the whole of creation.
Hmm. Permanent access to Light and Sound energy? You don't need a third eye for that. And theres nothing permanent about it, unless you're into hardcore flouride dodging. And what's the point anyway? To suck up energy like a drug? And when you get tired of that, what then? Going across the galaxy like an anime villian looking to get your third eye sucked dry?

I must bow to you superior intellect – I am still trying to learn after meditating for over 20 years on the transcendental Light and Sound Energy, my last long meditate was for 10 days 15 hours a day – hopefully one day I will be able to express myself as well as you.
Greylorn Ell

Post by Greylorn Ell »

J. Pierson
Study up on the art of paragraphing. Then, try again.

Greylorn
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

JPierson wrote:There is only one universe. The One Life is the life of the universe and is present at all points in space and time.
J. Pierson
Your first sentence is a tautology. So far so good. You get that right.
Sentence two you completely go off the rails, and it's all downhill thereafter.

When I see posts like this I wonder if the poster have ever had a single lesson in Philosophy. Or if they have, I wonder what ill-begotten country they ail from.
David Handeye

Post by David Handeye »

Greylorn Ell wrote:Study up on the art of paragraphing. Then, try again.

Greylorn
Guess you are the Professor of your thread with the blonde.
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

HexHammer wrote:Seems you start off totally wrong by defining our life being the same, a dude who have both legs blown off in combat, doesn't have the same life as one who hasn't.
A terminal ill patient in server pain doesn't have the same quality of life compared to one that is healthy.

..but we share the same reality.
I don't see how you final claim is any better than the claim of the OP that you refute.

As my experience is utterly different from yours, it is clear that you exist in a reality of your own making.
Greylorn Ell

Post by Greylorn Ell »

David Handeye wrote:
Greylorn Ell wrote:Study up on the art of paragraphing. Then, try again.

Greylorn
Guess you are the Professor of your thread with the blonde.
Nope. No Ph.D in anything, but grandfather of two delightful young blonds.

My only useful ability is that when I get constructive criticism, I accept it and learn from it, after thanking the person who offered it for his instruction.

By doing so, I'll get more criticism and better insights.

Greylorn
SpheresOfBalance

Post by SpheresOfBalance »

It is absolutely true that with argument, comes learning. Isn't that what argument is for? It has always served me well! Or so I tend to believe. ;)