Chaosand Nothingness

So what's really going on?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

transfinite

Chaosand Nothingness

Post by transfinite »

I've read two books in the past year that deal with the subject “why there is something rather than nothing”. I have a different take on this question. 1. I believe complete nothingness is impossible because it would have to exclude its own preservation and would collapse into a chaotic something. 2. Moreover, nothingness is a part, element or subset of chaos but chaos is not a part of nothingness. Therefore, I believe chaos is the ontological basement from which existing things such as universes emerge. The messy totality of chaos contains everything including tiny islands of order that are manifested as universes, planets and people.
hammock

Re: Chaosand Nothingness

Post by hammock »

transfinite wrote:...it would have to exclude its own preservation and would collapse into a chaotic something.

Unmitigated nothing would include a lack of governance; lawlessness; or minus an establishing of the impossible. So yeah, even if nothing was "briefly" the case a variegated plenitude of "something" would immediately arise. [Briefly, immediately and other temporal expressions having no actual significance either. Technically, "nothing" could also not go extinct because it was not a being to begin with (in addition to the impotence of more recruited time jargon).] Peculiarly, most thinkers still pretend that principles of reason or abstract background conditions for physical existence (like relation, quantity, space / time, causation, etc) would still be applicable. They seem capable of only ascribing an absence of concrete entities to their definition of nothing.
jackles

Post by jackles »

nothingness cant collaps there is nothing to collaps.but i know what ya mean.something in nothing can collaps into chaos.
K1Barin

Post by K1Barin »

Thanks for this discussion.

I would say: If one is worried about "nothing", there is nothing" she/he is worried about.