Milli the Almighty

So what's really going on?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

thedoc

Re: Milli the Almighty

Post by thedoc »

SpheresOfBalance wrote:
thedoc wrote:
SpheresOfBalance wrote: PEACE to all those that see this as something more than an elementary school playground!

Is this addressed to those who see the forum for what it is, or to those who see the forum for what they would like it to be.
Come on Doc, anything is what one/many make it. It takes a majority being here on a serious note to effectively make the rest just so much background noise. Look I know you're disillusioned, finding the forum somewhat lacking, and I guess I'm starting to see it too.

Doc you're hot and cold, usually dependent on the superman cape you don every once in a while, quick to support your homies, as if they really require it, maybe they do. I understand as I've done it myself. I take you like I take those that I have some respect for, face value at any particular time in question, You're definitely one of the better ones, but like us all, you have your moments too. No humans perfect, are we?

Some are just way too childish, and they run-a-muck with it. ashark was one such, and I think he nymshifted and has returned, Rick told me that he, ashark, had done so in the past, apparently several times. Of course I could be wrong, as to this time, though there is something familiar, like a chipmunk on cocaine.

That's just me, I tend to reply in kind, if I reply at all. If it's something I really consider of value I will try to post something that I feel is of value, not necessarily equal value but as good as I can come up with. Sometimes I see a post as just a bit silly and I post accordingly. The other factor is that it is difficult for me to maintain a high level of focus and concentration all the time, so I post whatever drivel comes to mind. There are a few on these forums that I consider to be my friends, and yes I will support most of what they post because I agree with most of what they post. Mostly I try to avoid being abusive and petty, most of my less serious posts are just meant to be funny.
SpheresOfBalance

Post by SpheresOfBalance »

SpheresOfBalance wrote: PEACE to all those that see this as something more than an elementary school playground!
thedoc wrote:
SpheresOfBalance wrote:
thedoc wrote:

Is this addressed to those who see the forum for what it is, or to those who see the forum for what they would like it to be.
Come on Doc, anything is what one/many make it. It takes a majority being here on a serious note to effectively make the rest just so much background noise. Look I know you're disillusioned, finding the forum somewhat lacking, and I guess I'm starting to see it too.

Doc you're hot and cold, usually dependent on the superman cape you don every once in a while, quick to support your homies, as if they really require it, maybe they do. I understand as I've done it myself. I take you like I take those that I have some respect for, face value at any particular time in question, You're definitely one of the better ones, but like us all, you have your moments too. No humans perfect, are we?

Some are just way too childish, and they run-a-muck with it. ashark was one such, and I think he nymshifted and has returned, Rick told me that he, ashark, had done so in the past, apparently several times. Of course I could be wrong, as to this time, though there is something familiar, like a chipmunk on cocaine.

That's just me, I tend to reply in kind, if I reply at all. If it's something I really consider of value I will try to post something that I feel is of value, not necessarily equal value but as good as I can come up with. Sometimes I see a post as just a bit silly and I post accordingly. The other factor is that it is difficult for me to maintain a high level of focus and concentration all the time, so I post whatever drivel comes to mind. There are a few on these forums that I consider to be my friends, and yes I will support most of what they post because I agree with most of what they post. Mostly I try to avoid being abusive and petty, most of my less serious posts are just meant to be funny.
Yes well I'm usually only abusive and petty in defense of someone being abusive and petty. Though I'm not perfect!

I think that for some people, camaraderie is more important than the subject matter, a fools game, IMHO, as it does no one any real good, in all actuality.

This place is supposed to be about argument (debate) about topics in philosophy, and I see only that which considers this, in whatever way, as valid content. The rest is so much BS.

Some people I have more respect for than others. Those at the top of my list, don't lose their cool, treating everyone with equal respect, never resorting to name calling or condescension, you know, those that are model adults, that one can aspire to learn from, as they are true leaders. Prof comes to mind, right off the top of my head, of course there are others that lend to the terms model adult and professional, these individuals I never have a problem with.
Felasco

Post by Felasco »

You do know that's a really bad argument don't you, I mean I hope you know why that argument is no more useful than a pencil with no lead. Because I am sure if you don't know why that argument was shit, you should probably give up philosophy right now. And if you don't know why, that kinda nails the coffin lid on your hope of ever practising any sort of reason or philosophy. Seriously you are like joking right? That is irony right? Got to be, no one can be that fucking dumb.

Billions of people on Earth Sweet zombie Jesus you must just wake up talking shit. Or if not and I sincerely hope the sort of irony you just expressed is of course not indicative of anyone who can actually do philosophy. Don't get me wrong it's not an atheist over religion thing, it's just that argument was so bad I can't believe anyone either atheist, agnostic or theistic could of made it with straight face. Please tell me you were joking, please? Because if the cream of the crop are idiots who use logical fallacies just to pass off wank, and they are all we can expect, then philosophy is clearly dead and burried, interred under it's own pointlessness. At least make a cogent argument, if you were joking as you must of been, and I am of course sure, ha ha good joke , let me know, my irony chip is clearly malfunctioning. But that has got to be irony right? Honestly I am not trying to put you down, but to think you actually as a person who studies philosophy actually made that argument, is really embarrassing no doubt to all the other philosophers in the world, be they Christian, Hindu or Jew or whatever. It's really and let me make this clear not about what you do or don't believe, it's just you were joking right, Please tell me that was irony?

Something is more true because of numbers... seriously did you really just try and pass that off, it's got to be a joke right? Please tell me you were joking, for all that is philosophies sake.

Sure Milli is a joke and hence he never meant it but you are really, honestly arguing about a joke, based on what I can only assume was a joke in return..?

No offence but please assure me that you are being ironic because if not I am going to assume you are a moron, I won't put you on ignore for being a moron, you have of course every right to be a moron. But I will from now on just consider you as an abject moron, who is clearly so dumb that it beggars beleif. Let me say though if you were being ironic you might want to try a smillie, or people will just think you are thicko.
And you're going to lecture me about philosophy. Read your own post, and tell me why I should care.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

This is beautiful, and funny, at the same time. I'm not quite sure what it means, but I like it anyway. :)
Blaggard

Post by Blaggard »

Felasco wrote:
You do know that's a really bad argument don't you, I mean I hope you know why that argument is no more useful than a pencil with no lead. Because I am sure if you don't know why that argument was shit, you should probably give up philosophy right now. And if you don't know why, that kinda nails the coffin lid on your hope of ever practising any sort of reason or philosophy. Seriously you are like joking right? That is irony right? Got to be, no one can be that fucking dumb.

Billions of people on Earth Sweet zombie Jesus you must just wake up talking shit. Or if not and I sincerely hope the sort of irony you just expressed is of course not indicative of anyone who can actually do philosophy. Don't get me wrong it's not an atheist over religion thing, it's just that argument was so bad I can't believe anyone either atheist, agnostic or theistic could of made it with straight face. Please tell me you were joking, please? Because if the cream of the crop are idiots who use logical fallacies just to pass off wank, and they are all we can expect, then philosophy is clearly dead and burried, interred under it's own pointlessness. At least make a cogent argument, if you were joking as you must of been, and I am of course sure, ha ha good joke , let me know, my irony chip is clearly malfunctioning. But that has got to be irony right? Honestly I am not trying to put you down, but to think you actually as a person who studies philosophy actually made that argument, is really embarrassing no doubt to all the other philosophers in the world, be they Christian, Hindu or Jew or whatever. It's really and let me make this clear not about what you do or don't believe, it's just you were joking right, Please tell me that was irony?

Something is more true because of numbers... seriously did you really just try and pass that off, it's got to be a joke right? Please tell me you were joking, for all that is philosophies sake.

Sure Milli is a joke and hence he never meant it but you are really, honestly arguing about a joke, based on what I can only assume was a joke in return..?

No offence but please assure me that you are being ironic because if not I am going to assume you are a moron, I won't put you on ignore for being a moron, you have of course every right to be a moron. But I will from now on just consider you as an abject moron, who is clearly so dumb that it beggars beleif. Let me say though if you were being ironic you might want to try a smillie, or people will just think you are thicko.
And you're going to lecture me about philosophy. Read your own post, and tell me why I should care.
So you think the height of philosophy is to pick a logical fallacy and run with it like some gibbering simpleton then when someone points out how tragically bad that argument is, your clever philosophical rebuttal is to effectively say lalalalalalalala I'm not listening. Now i don't in any way remotely claim to be a good or even passable philosopher but even a child of 9 can see that that argument was dumb.

Yeah I think you're heading for my ignore list with a bullet mate if this is the sort of thing you think passes as philosophy, because you suck at it, like so badly it's not even funny.

How old are you as well because I'm guessing you can't be more than 20 or so with that attitude. Arrogant, opinionated and unwilling to tackle criticism or perhaps as is more likely you know what you said was ridiculous and having been caught out trying to pass a lazy logical fallacy you are now trying to use smoke and mirrors to avoid admitting your argument was so bad that Aristotle and all his students rose out of their graves spun 26 million times before settling back down to Earth. Well go stroke your ego all your like, it's fine by me, but stop making out tragically bad logical fallacies are the piece de resistance of philosophical arguments and or that my God's bigger than your God statement is anything but mental masturbation for the fantasists aka as the religious apologetics movement of my God is so bigger than your God, and by virtue of us invading the planet we has cheeseburgers. I genuinely thought you had to be joking when you made that argument but it seems there is no lol cat that can express my shock at the fact that you were sincere.

The logical vacuum that argument left will probably send ripples of shockingly bad reason through reality for the rest of time.

The point is of course launching ad hominems is all very big and clever, I after all just did but just to make a point, but how and in what universe does that mean you have any credibility or position to be such an ignorant mushroom?
reasonvemotion

Post by reasonvemotion »

reasonvemotion
Charlie privately suggested that life itself may have been produced in some warm little pond and to this day his followers have sought to explain the origin of terrestrial life in terms of a process of chemical evolution from the primordial soup. :lol:
Arising_uk
And you think the great sky-father did it? :lol:
All men do not hold to the monotheism of the Christian faith, but all men worship, they worship whatever they perceive to be greater than themselves and I don't see you as being an exception to this. :)
uwot

Post by uwot »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote:This is beautiful, and funny, at the same time. I'm not quite sure what it means, but I like it anyway. :)
It means you're gonna live forever! Just as well given the time it takes to type your name, vegetariantaxidermy. Philosophy of mind is not my strong point; the human brain is the most complicated machine in the known universe and nobody knows how it works, or what forces are involved in generating consciousness. Souls, spirits, beons notwithstanding. A ton of research is being done and, as ever, people are interpreting exactly the same data in their own peculiar ways. So as not to talk complete arse, I did extensive research which involved reading (skimming if I'm honest) an entire article by Steven Pinker http://pinker.wjh.harvard.edu/articles/ ... eport.html It was written in 1997, so, bang up to date. Anyway, long story short, some people think that eventually computers will have so much processing power that they become conscious. Others don't. I have no idea, but a crude analysis of the options suggests that either way, we will find out something very interesting about our minds. If computers based on current technology, basically the manipulation of electromagnetic fields to push electrons this way and that, do become 'conscious', that would suggest that ours in analogous. Some fringe theorists think this actually is the case http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electromag ... sciousness . As always, others think that's a load of pony. Still, not to be deterred by questionable analysis, the thing with electromagnetic fields is, once they are started, they are very difficult to stop. You can switch a light off or blow up a star, but the field it generated when it was switched on, or still a star, keeps going. There are stars we can see that are no longer there; the question then is, is consciousness the star, or the light? On the other hand, if computers as they are never achieve consciousness, either there is a lot more involved in consciousness, in which case some bright spark/looney Frankenstein will attempt to incorporate it into something they cobble together and we will improve our understanding of the forces we currently recognise or discover new ones. Alternatively, the god botherers were right all along and there is something metaphysical about consciousness. That's three hands; there's probably a lot more. Like I said though, Phil. of Mind is not my metier.
For the purposes of Milliism, I'm going to plump for some version of consciousness as field, and state categorically that this field is part of the natural universe and therefore lasts as long as the universe AKA Milli the Almighty. People like a bit of immortality.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

reasonvemotion wrote:All men do not hold to the monotheism of the Christian faith, but all men worship, they worship whatever they perceive to be greater than themselves and I don't see you as being an exception to this. :)
Do women not worship then? If so then count me as one. If not then the 'worship' that I do is not the same as the godbotherers as its based upon some semblance of reason and evidence and open to revision. Unlike the faith of the godbotherer.
Felasco

Post by Felasco »

Blaggard wrote:Yeah I think you're heading for my ignore list...
I found something in your post I can agree with.
Blaggard

Post by Blaggard »

Felasco wrote:
Blaggard wrote:Yeah I think you're heading for my ignore list...
I found something in your post I can agree with.
/ignored.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Blaggard wrote:/ignored.
Please, please, will someone explain to me why those who use this function insist upon telling the other person?

Do they think it a punishment of some sort? :lol:
SpheresOfBalance

Post by SpheresOfBalance »

Yes, by those petty enough to believe themselves superior, and another inferior, an allusion and illusion, due to fear.
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

Arising_uk wrote:
Blaggard wrote:/ignored.
Please, please, will someone explain to me why those who use this function insist upon telling the other person?

Do they think it a punishment of some sort? :lol:

Absolutely, don't you know that to be ignored by Blaggard is just the worst! It means he won't see your posts. . . ? Ah, . . . It means he won't reply to your . . . . ? - Damn! How lucky can you get!
Blaggard

Post by Blaggard »

I can put you on ignore too if you'd like. It's no biggie. :P

You tell them Arizing, you divot so they wont be tempted to keep posting at you like some gibbering mad man at a brick wall, it's called courtesy. Learn some, then maybe you wont end up on ignore for being a bit of a dick?

Of course it seldom helps once the average bee in their bonnet person get's stung you will of course receive many replies.

Suffice to say when you stop talking over me and start talking at me I might consider listening to your strident word salad and nonsense. You might notice since then he has posted nothing at me, hence allowing him the benefit of not wasting his time, of course, he might just be off line for a long time but it's all good. The ignore process is a two way thing it allows the persons involved to get some perspective. I can of course assure you it helps. You're of course on ignore at the moment but you keep asking this question so I think it should be answered, please don't feel the need to reply though, it would be a waste of time.

I do wish people wouldn't use the quote function like that as well doc, particularly when they don't really need to, but that is meet for another thread. I really have no need to see what Arising said, unfortunately though I seem to be able to read things very quickly before I probably should.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Blaggard wrote:I can put you on ignore too if you'd like. It's no biggie. :P
There it is again! Why do people who use this facility insist on telling others that they may use it?
You tell them Arizing, you divot so they wont be tempted to keep posting at you like some gibbering mad man at a brick wall, it's called courtesy. Learn some, then maybe you wont end up on ignore for being a bit of a dick?
Again with this idea that it's a punishment of some kind?
Suffice to say when you stop talking over me and start talking at me I might consider listening to your strident word salad and nonsense. You might notice since then he has posted nothing at me, hence allowing him the benefit of not wasting his time, of course, he might just be off line for a long time but it's all good. The ignore process is a two way thing it allows the persons involved to get some perspective. I can of course assure you it helps. You're of course on ignore at the moment but you keep asking this question so I think it should be answered, please don't feel the need to reply though, it would be a waste of time.
LMFAO! He's talking to me again!! Just to many funnies in the above to be bothered with, apart from the bit about why I've not been posting at him, that's because I find his latest barrage of posts pretty much uninteresting. He does yak on tho'.