Milli the Almighty

So what's really going on?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Blaggard

Re: Milli the Almighty

Post by Blaggard »

uwot wrote:
Blaggard wrote:Careful and no offence uwot but if you start using such valid arguments you may risk an actual philosophical debate breaking out.
I'll take that risk. You seem quite bright. Do you think gibberish expresses that best?
Deepening custard you well profain? How now mon dieu and hence leopard spots on a scaline, mendicant.

No I think it behooves the might jam to refrain from linguistic trapezoids, Although as you are well aware I am partial to a rhombus if and only if it progresses towards a loopy trigger monkey.

To be serious for a moment it's good to communicate, to talk I think it's perhaps the one thing in this back water and as this primitive ape we are we don't facilitate as well as we might, there's nothing more annoying than pointless gibberish passed off as some sort of wisdom. And that of course is why I am not a big fan of The Bible, or anything said by any government now existent in politics. Or hence any self righteous p**** with a hard on who thinks he/she has all the answers. I am of course though, well aware that might just be me. :)

I think though gibberish does serve well in some respects to send up certain ideas, for example Lweis Carol used it in his Alice in wonderland books to send up some of the absurdities that were appearing in science and more particularly in maths with some of the abstract maths postulated at the time. And of course lest we forget Xanadu, which we now know, as I understand, is called Canada, on which a stately pleasure dome was built. Gibberish of course can make a good point, but when it's not used well it's just nonsense. Beware the Jabberwock...
Last edited by Blaggard on Fri May 09, 2014 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
uwot

Post by uwot »

Milli's first commandment:
More to wisdom than talking like Yoda there is.
I'm not sure if she has any more, the nearest mountain is fucking miles away.
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

uwot wrote:In the beginning was Milli. Amen.

What else can I tell you doc?

Have you read much by Douglas Adams?
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

uwot wrote:Milli's first commandment:
I live on the side of a hill, so that will have to do for me. What should I do with it?
Felasco

Post by Felasco »

I've made the point several times that any speculation about a higher divinity is as good as any other.
Billions of people in every corner of the world have believed in Jehovah for thousands of years. Nobody believes in Milli. And so the two are equal. And atheists are masters of logic. And I am Baba Bozo the founder of Bozoism the next great world religion, and not just a typoholic blowhard.

It all makes sense to me!
Blaggard

Post by Blaggard »

Felasco wrote:
I've made the point several times that any speculation about a higher divinity is as good as any other.
Billions of people in every corner of the world have believed in Jehovah for thousands of years. Nobody believes in Milli. And so the two are equal. And atheists are masters of logic. And I am Baba Bozo the founder of Bozoism the next great world religion, and not just a typoholic blowhard.

It all makes sense to me!
You do know that's a really bad argument don't you, I mean I hope you know why that argument is no more useful than a pencil with no lead. Because I am sure if you don't know why that argument was shit, you should probably give up philosophy right now. And if you don't know why, that kinda nails the coffin lid on your hope of ever practising any sort of reason or philosophy. Seriously you are like joking right? That is irony right? Got to be, no one can be that fucking dumb.

Billions of people on Earth Sweet zombie Jesus you must just wake up talking shit. Or if not and I sincerely hope the sort of irony you just expressed is of course not indicative of anyone who can actually do philosophy. Don't get me wrong it's not an atheist over religion thing, it's just that argument was so bad I can't believe anyone either atheist, agnostic or theistic could of made it with straight face. Please tell me you were joking, please? Because if the cream of the crop are idiots who use logical fallacies just to pass off wank, and they are all we can expect, then philosophy is clearly dead and burried, interred under it's own pointlessness. At least make a cogent argument, if you were joking as you must of been, and I am of course sure, ha ha good joke , let me know, my irony chip is clearly malfunctioning. But that has got to be irony right? Honestly I am not trying to put you down, but to think you actually as a person who studies philosophy actually made that argument, is really embarrassing no doubt to all the other philosophers in the world, be they Christian, Hindu or Jew or whatever. It's really and let me make this clear not about what you do or don't believe, it's just you were joking right, Please tell me that was irony?

Something is more true because of numbers... seriously did you really just try and pass that off, it's got to be a joke right? Please tell me you were joking, for all that is philosophies sake.

Sure Milli is a joke and hence he never meant it but you are really, honestly arguing about a joke, based on what I can only assume was a joke in return..?

No offence but please assure me that you are being ironic because if not I am going to assume you are a moron, I won't put you on ignore for being a moron, you have of course every right to be a moron. But I will from now on just consider you as an abject moron, who is clearly so dumb that it beggars beleif. Let me say though if you were being ironic you might want to try a smillie, or people will just think you are thicko.
SpheresOfBalance

Post by SpheresOfBalance »

Actually I wish the children would check their BS at the door. When I joined in 2011 there were at least a few good people on this board. Now unruly children everywhere. The one's I'm not aiming at, I surely hope you know.

PEACE to all those that see this as something more than an elementary school playground!
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

SpheresOfBalance wrote: PEACE to all those that see this as something more than an elementary school playground!

Is this addressed to those who see the forum for what it is, or to those who see the forum for what they would like it to be.
SpheresOfBalance

Post by SpheresOfBalance »

thedoc wrote:
SpheresOfBalance wrote: PEACE to all those that see this as something more than an elementary school playground!

Is this addressed to those who see the forum for what it is, or to those who see the forum for what they would like it to be.
Come on Doc, anything is what one/many make it. It takes a majority being here on a serious note to effectively make the rest just so much background noise. Look I know you're disillusioned, finding the forum somewhat lacking, and I guess I'm starting to see it too.

Doc you're hot and cold, usually dependent on the superman cape you don every once in a while, quick to support your homies, as if they really require it, maybe they do. I understand as I've done it myself. I take you like I take those that I have some respect for, face value at any particular time in question, You're definitely one of the better ones, but like us all, you have your moments too. No humans perfect, are we?

Some are just way too childish, and they run-a-muck with it. ashark was one such, and I think he nymshifted and has returned, Rick told me that he, ashark, had done so in the past, apparently several times. Of course I could be wrong, as to this time, though there is something familiar, like a chipmunk on cocaine.
uwot

Post by uwot »

thedoc wrote:Have you read much by Douglas Adams?
All the Hitchhikers series. Tried Dirk Gently, not very hard, though.
reasonvemotion

Post by reasonvemotion »

Charlie privately suggested that life itself may have been produced in some warm little pond and to this day his followers have sought to explain the origin of terrestrial life in terms of a process of chemical evolution from the primordial soup. :lol:
uwot

Post by uwot »

thedoc wrote:
uwot wrote:Milli's first commandment:
I live on the side of a hill, so that will have to do for me. What should I do with it?
Keep an eye open for burning bushes, check for stone tablets. If none, call the fire brigade.
The point I was making is that that it is a piece of cake defending any metaphysical proposition, all you have to do is avoid making claims that are empirically falsifiable and you can believe whatever suits you. For all I know Mill the Almighty is real.
uwot

Post by uwot »

reasonvemotion wrote:Charlie privately suggested that life itself may have been produced in some warm little pond and to this day his followers have sought to explain the origin of terrestrial life in terms of a process of chemical evolution from the primordial soup. :lol:
As the Blessed Charlie has shown, understanding the ways of Milli the Almighty causes much wailing and gnashing of teeth.
Blaggard

Post by Blaggard »

uwot wrote:
thedoc wrote:Have you read much by Douglas Adams?
All the Hitchhikers series. Tried Dirk Gently, not very hard, though.
Clearly that is hence your long dark tea time of the soul... ;)
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

reasonvemotion wrote:Charlie privately suggested that life itself may have been produced in some warm little pond and to this day his followers have sought to explain the origin of terrestrial life in terms of a process of chemical evolution from the primordial soup. :lol:
And you think the great sky-father did it? :lol: