The Metaphysical Papers

So what's really going on?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

The Voice of Time

Re: The Metaphysical Papers

Post by The Voice of Time »

Why don't you have a proper title but just call it the metaphysical papers? That could be anything, and besides, unless you've printed them, they are not "papers", but a metaphysical post, or posts.
WanderingLands

Post by WanderingLands »

The Voice of Time wrote:Why don't you have a proper title but just call it the metaphysical papers? That could be anything, and besides, unless you've printed them, they are not "papers", but a metaphysical post, or posts.
That's because they were penned down on paper; I just published them online.

P.S.

"The Metaphysical Papers" is about connecting all things: history, science, math, spirituality, etc. into the one thing - the "Perennial Philosophy", as put by Aristotle.
Last edited by WanderingLands on Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Can you simplify this excruciatingly drawn out 'hypothesis' into a nutshell that me and the rest of the squirrels might be able to ascertain without dying from boredom?
WanderingLands

Post by WanderingLands »

attofishpi wrote:Can you simplify this excruciatingly drawn out 'hypothesis' into a nutshell that me and the rest of the squirrels might be able to ascertain without dying from boredom?
My friend, what I'm doing cannot be made into a "nutshell", as what I'm doing has a range of subjects to cover. Plus, "The Metaphysical Papers" is an evolutionary work of mine, and so it would probably take me a long time for me to actually grasp everything.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

WanderingLands wrote:My friend, what I'm doing cannot be made into a "nutshell", as what I'm doing has a range of subjects to cover. Plus, "The Metaphysical Papers" is an evolutionary work of mine, and so it would probably take me a long time for me to actually grasp everything.
C'mon man..

Start extrapolating so that we at least have a fathom as to the depths that you mind seeks..

I am sure we are all interested if it gets to a point a conclusion.
WanderingLands

Post by WanderingLands »

attofishpi wrote: C'mon man..

Start extrapolating so that we at least have a fathom as to the depths that you mind seeks..

Alright, then. Here's my objective to "The Metaphysical Papers".

1) All religions are the same and they came from Saturn worship during the "Golden Age of Saturn".
2) The elites (governments and other institutions controlled by the wealthy) are creating/solidifying a One World Government that will probably be based on Saturn worship.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

WanderingLands wrote:
attofishpi wrote: C'mon man..

Alright, then. Here's my objective to "The Metaphysical Papers".

1) All religions are the same and they came from Saturn worship during the "Golden Age of Saturn".
2) The elites (governments and other institutions controlled by the wealthy) are creating/solidifying a One World Government that will probably be based on Saturn worship.
Hooray!! :twisted:
James Markham

Post by James Markham »

Wanderinglands, I find your ideas interesting, as I also have often thought in terms of numerological significance. I also began with with 0, which to me signified the unconscious. This unconscious potential becomes 1 at the point consciousness becomes manifest from what was only the potential for it to exist. From this point on we differ, in that I see everything further as emotional divisions within that 1. So positive emotion, negative emotion, and innocence are a division of one by three, which makes each section distinct, yet infinitely connected.
WanderingLands

Post by WanderingLands »

James Markham wrote:Wanderinglands, I find your ideas interesting, as I also have often thought in terms of numerological significance. I also began with with 0, which to me signified the unconscious. This unconscious potential becomes 1 at the point consciousness becomes manifest from what was only the potential for it to exist. From this point on we differ, in that I see everything further as emotional divisions within that 1. So positive emotion, negative emotion, and innocence are a division of one by three, which makes each section distinct, yet infinitely connected.
Why thank you, James. It was done by some years of contemplation and research out of the curiosity of numbers and patterns. A lot of people think that subscribing meanings to numbers is superstitious thinking, yet if you look at the mathematical sciences and the many various religious systems that's on the planet, we'd see that numbers do have a meaning.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

WanderingLands wrote:...

Why thank you, James. It was done by some years of contemplation and research out of the curiosity of numbers and patterns. A lot of people think that subscribing meanings to numbers is superstitious thinking, yet if you look at the mathematical sciences and the many various religious systems that's on the planet, we'd see that numbers do have a meaning.
They do, at base they number objects and zero is when there are none that we want to talk about. In other words they are an abstraction based upon what is common between there being three elephants and three apples, namely the concept of a set of 'three'.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

WanderingLands wrote:Alright, then. Here's my objective to "The Metaphysical Papers".

You're on to us...you and your anarchist buddies are too late...the New World Order is around the corner..
WanderingLands

Post by WanderingLands »

attofishpi wrote: You're on to us...you and your anarchist buddies are too late...the New World Order is around the corner..
lol. Sarcasm it is. Hey, humor is humor.

Well, aside from the humor, it wouldn't matter to me if there ever was a "NWO"; it won't stop me from living life at the fullest. The elites have power and force, but they have no soul and are of Cain (the spiritual way, of course).
WanderingLands

Post by WanderingLands »

Arising_uk wrote: They do, at base they number objects and zero is when there are none that we want to talk about. In other words they are an abstraction based upon what is common between there being three elephants and three apples, namely the concept of a set of 'three'.
We often times still wonder what is Zero. Maybe it could be the home of the One; I don't know. Maybe it could be the forms that Plato was talking about.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

WanderingLands wrote:
attofishpi wrote: You're on to us...you and your anarchist buddies are too late...the New World Order is around the corner..
lol. Sarcasm it is. Hey, humor is humor.

Well, aside from the humor, it wouldn't matter to me if there ever was a "NWO"; it won't stop me from living life at the fullest. The elites have power and force, but they have no soul and are of Cain (the spiritual way, of course).
I am relieved!

Which means you better find a bag and pick up my mess...well, you did say you're taking me for a long walk..
WanderingLands

Post by WanderingLands »

attofishpi wrote:
I am relieved!

Which means you better find a bag and pick up my mess...well, you did say you're taking me for a long walk..
It's your walk; not mine.

P.S. Anyways, your sarcasm is starting to annoy me. I don't want any form of sarcasm on this discussion, so please act serious.