Theory of Everything

So what's really going on?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

The Voice of Time

Re: Theory of Everything

Post by The Voice of Time »

Aye, discussions can be quite lucrative. These discussions are quite heavy I feel, I almost get a little bit dizzy trying to take it all in, and long texts makes me spend a lot of time answering.
Hjarloprillar

Post by Hjarloprillar »

oh ye wordy pack of wolves.

cabalabro

Post by cabalabro »

The Voice of Time wrote:Aye, discussions can be quite lucrative. These discussions are quite heavy I feel, I almost get a little bit dizzy trying to take it all in, and long texts makes me spend a lot of time answering.
That's a good sign, a sign of good philosophical discussion in progress. These things must take time. I used to spend weeks wondering about one philosophical question or the other before coming up with the answer i truly believed in and responding in some philosophical discussions. The deeper/harder the question the more pleasure was there trying to answer it and when you get that answer you only hope that it will lead to even harder questions, even more pleasure.

My passion was always history and to be more precise the ancient Greece, Rome and Egypt (with all the empires of Babylon during my university years). I saw that when you know the context, the history of that time, the philosophy of that time becomes so much more understandable and consuming. That is why most of my knowledge about philosophy is from that golden age of thought. It leaves a huge gap of knowledge about philosophical thought (seriously Leibniz's was a surprise for me). I have not even red Nietzsche the gap is that big that is why i find it hard to relate to,The Voice of Time, because i feel that he uses some of that knowledge when he formulates his responses. I picked up only at history and philosophy of modern science (last 150-200 years) and concentrated on how scientist themselves try to interpret the results they are getting from their theories and experiments. Einstein, Neil Bohr, Heisenberg and many others ware a great thinkers that spend quite some time trying to make sense of their discoverys.

My favorite philosopher of all time is Zeno of Elea. He was the one that really inspired me, who showed that your mind, your knowledge can brake seemingly unbreakable things and when you question them, when you use logic to brake logic of the logic of the logic you can achieve unimaginable things.

I remember one of my first philosophy classes in university. The lecturer was trying to provoke us by asking something like "Nothing can not exist as it would then be something thus not nothing," and then giving us a nice lecture about "nothing". My firs thought was "but how about the space between the atoms, how about the vacuum?" only to realize that space was still something.
One of the earliest western philosophers to consider nothing as a concept was Parmenides (5th century BC) who was a Greek philosopher of the monist school. He argued that "nothing" cannot exist by the following line of reasoning: To speak of a thing, one has to speak of a thing that exists. Since we can speak of a thing in the past, it must still exist (in some sense) now and from this concludes that there is no such thing as change. As a corollary, there can be no such things as coming-into-being, passing-out-of-being, or not-being.

Parmenides was taken seriously by other philosophers, influencing, for instance, Socrates and Plato. Aristotle gives Parmenides serious consideration but concludes; "Although these opinions seem to follow logically in a dialectical discussion, yet to believe them seems next door to madness when one considers the facts."
I consider the thing i am doing here as next door to madness but i have considered the facts to come to this conclusion... All i am trying to say that it is not the forces or energy or matter or space-time that exists, it is the information! Only information that creates all those things to follow a power law of creation of new information from nothing to now. It shapes all the forces all the mass everything you see around you and what is happening around you! That is my revolutionary idea that everyone fails to see...
In the general sense, a philosophical theory[1] is a theory that explains or accounts for a general philosophy or specific branch of philosophy.[2] While any sort of thesis or opinion may be termed a theory, in analytic philosophy it is thought best to reserve the word "theory" for systematic, comprehensive attempts to solve problems.[3]

The elementary theorems that comprise a philosophical theory consist of statements which are believed to be true by the thinkers who accept them, and which may or may not be empirical. The sciences have a very clear idea of what a theory is; however in the arts such as philosophy, the definition is more hazy.[1] Philosophical theories are not necessarily scientific theories, although they may consist of both empirical and non-empirical statements.

In essence, the collective statements of all philosophical movements, schools of thought, and belief systems consist of philosophical theories. Also included among philosophical theories are many principles, hypotheses, rules, paradoxes, laws, as well as 'ologies, 'isms, 'sis's, and effects.

Imagine if my theory was correct and all the science would have eventually proved it. It would mean that it was the Philosophical Theory of Everything that gave us this universal knowledge!

Now to get going with the discussion I'll be answering the rest of what The Voice of Time wrote me. (bare with me might take some time)
James Markham

Post by James Markham »

Cabalabro, I think your right in a way, although everything is not information, everything we infer from the objective reality around us, is ultimately acknowledged as an informative event, so I do understand your point when you say everything, from the food on our plate, to the stars in the sky, is ultimately information, but a more correct statement would be, everything is recieved or understood as information.

When we think about information, it's impossible to separate it from its comprehension as such. When people assume there is information in the universe, awaiting discovery, their wrong, because information, is only information when it has informed something else, before it's acknowledgement, it is only the potential for information. 

So if you think of an event, like the arrival of a certain flower on a plant, to some people, this can be informative as the arrival of spring, but to other less informed people it means nothing. To certain species this event can trigger behaviour that is part of their natural cycle, so we can say their brains have been informed, but other species may require additional stimulus such as a change in temperate, in order to trigger their natural reaction to the arrival of spring. So information is not inherent in events, only the potential is. Actual information relies on a correct interpretation as such, only then can we say information exists.

If you think about all the potential information on the hard drive of a computer, and then realise its basically stored as computer code, which is just zeros and ones, you can see that without the correct programme, and user, the information is simply the unrealised potential for information.

So in one way I think your correct, every registered event is understood as information, but that doesn't mean that the events themselves are information, because without a comprehensive understanding of any particular event, the event has no inherent meaning. So I think this question of ultimate reality, requires an understanding of energy, and how it has the potential to create events, and how those events have the potential to be informative.
Last edited by James Markham on Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mark Question

Post by Mark Question »

cabalabro wrote: Imagine if my theory was correct and all the science would have eventually proved it. It would mean that it was the Philosophical Theory of Everything that gave us this universal knowledge!
what is correct theory? falsifiable like scientific theories? logically coherent belief systems like also religions, ideologies, philosophies? popular like political views? handy like hammer? correspondent like mirrored picture from theory itself?

logic is always logically correct but theory needs always something more.
Hjarloprillar

Post by Hjarloprillar »

Handy like a hammer seems pretty straight up.
it cannot be disproved in this verse where there is going to be
many handy things you can do.. i just watched Django so i know how handy they are.
[if i vomit online.. do you cop the ejecta?]

prill
Last edited by Hjarloprillar on Sat Jul 13, 2013 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hjarloprillar

Post by Hjarloprillar »

I will answer all of your questions in time please bare with me i can only say that philosophical pleasure of gaining the knowledge via such discussion is fantastic :)
-----------------

well said
Mark Question

Post by Mark Question »

Hjarloprillar wrote:Handy like a hammer seems pretty straight up.
it cannot be disproved in this verse where there is going to be
many handy things you can do.. i just watched Django so i know how handy they are.
[if i vomit online.. do you cop the ejecta?]

prill
i am not sure what you say but i was talking about pragmatism. handy like a hammer.
if correct means pragmatic or practical then genocide is as correct as human rights are if we do not ask "practical for what purpose?"
"begging the question".
Hjarloprillar

Post by Hjarloprillar »

watch thus then telll me how you feel.. i was stunned. yes stunned.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxF10IYOMCo
Mark Question

Post by Mark Question »

Hjarloprillar wrote:watch thus then telll me how you feel.. i was stunned. yes stunned.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxF10IYOMCo
why?
Greylorn Ell

Post by Greylorn Ell »

cabalabro wrote:Consider this as Philosophical teaser, deny that it is not true using all the tools you have got at your disposal, try to kick fundamentals out of its foundation try to do everything to brake it. I have more on the site i created and will give link if allowed by community. But for now just try to brake this logic.

Theory Of Everything

Information, qubits, is all there is.
Information ,qubits, can form systems of information of multiple qubits that act like a single qubit for other higher systems of information
Information(qubits) shapes the systems of information and systems of information shapes the information
Information is governed by the power law
Space-time-energy-mass-gravity-complexity-entropy-all the forces everything, everything is information and systems of information
Universe has tendency to form higher/bigger systems of information (Entropy, systems reaches thermal equilibrium to for bigger systems of information with the same features ) And that’s all you need for gravity, that’s how information “clumps up” and forms the systems of information from massive amounts of information (like stars and planets moons asteroids comets nebulas everything the more you go to the centre of these objects the more information you’ll find) there is a point where that code that system of information becomes a qubit of higher information system, we have a black hole. Why? Because more and more information is born in the universe. How? You travel in space and time!
Systems of information can be connected where “smaller” one has a fundamental influence on the “bigger” one and other way around thus forming multi-level system of information.
The more possibility’s there are for “smaller” system of information to form/become a part of the “bigger” one the less likely it is to stay on its own or in the smaller system of information.
To become part of the bigger/higher systems of information, systems of information can first “decay” into smaller ones depending on the higher system of information they are in.
Complexity of information forms information systems of its own, it forms life. Life is abundant in the universe and life forms even higher systems of information called knowledge, we are those higher systems of information we are the knowledge.
Hey there, genius-- did you confuse brake with break?

And how about beginning your theory by explaining the origin of information? Best keep a day job until your Nobel Prize is awarded.
Blaggard

Post by Blaggard »

More rude and unhelpful comments from the man who will never get a paper published in a science journal let alone be up for a Nobel prize. That is worse than your usual obfuscation that is just plain hypocrisy leading me to ask who died and made you remotely qualified to judge? Suffice to say don't think I posted this because it was the Elmighty, I was gonna post before I saw who said it because it was just plain and insubstantial insulting blather. I should of known who it was though without looking, only one ubermenshce on Earth could be that condescending and actually that far from ever having any substance in any field anywhere and yet still convinced of his aptitude.

Suffice to say its a philosophy forum, people are allowed to post opinions and ideas, hell you've been spamming up this forum with your advertising campaign for quite a while, so you should probably not judge. Being as you are about as insubstantial and irrelevant to what science is about as its possible to get and always will be, I suggest you keep to posting your own half baked nonsense, and refrain from being a self proclaimed President of Science, it is just not a position you are remotely qualified for, or ever will be, thank all that is experiment based. Post an argument against, I don't buy you know anything close to enough about what might or might not achieve a footnote in a science journal let alone a Nobel prize. Stick to what you know, the field of academic peer review is as alien to you as is 3rd planet of Rigel 5 in the Plurimen Galaxy.
SpheresOfBalance

Post by SpheresOfBalance »

Greylorn Ell wrote:
cabalabro wrote:Consider this as Philosophical teaser, deny that it is not true using all the tools you have got at your disposal, try to kick fundamentals out of its foundation try to do everything to brake it. I have more on the site i created and will give link if allowed by community. But for now just try to brake this logic.

Theory Of Everything

Information, qubits, is all there is.
Information ,qubits, can form systems of information of multiple qubits that act like a single qubit for other higher systems of information
Information(qubits) shapes the systems of information and systems of information shapes the information
Information is governed by the power law
Space-time-energy-mass-gravity-complexity-entropy-all the forces everything, everything is information and systems of information
Universe has tendency to form higher/bigger systems of information (Entropy, systems reaches thermal equilibrium to for bigger systems of information with the same features ) And that’s all you need for gravity, that’s how information “clumps up” and forms the systems of information from massive amounts of information (like stars and planets moons asteroids comets nebulas everything the more you go to the centre of these objects the more information you’ll find) there is a point where that code that system of information becomes a qubit of higher information system, we have a black hole. Why? Because more and more information is born in the universe. How? You travel in space and time!
Systems of information can be connected where “smaller” one has a fundamental influence on the “bigger” one and other way around thus forming multi-level system of information.
The more possibility’s there are for “smaller” system of information to form/become a part of the “bigger” one the less likely it is to stay on its own or in the smaller system of information.
To become part of the bigger/higher systems of information, systems of information can first “decay” into smaller ones depending on the higher system of information they are in.
Complexity of information forms information systems of its own, it forms life. Life is abundant in the universe and life forms even higher systems of information called knowledge, we are those higher systems of information we are the knowledge.
Hey there, genius-- did you confuse brake with break?

And how about beginning your theory by explaining the origin of information? Best keep a day job until your Nobel Prize is awarded.
It's obvious, at least to me, that English is in fact his second language. Plus, only morons worry about such trivialities, as spelling, grammar, incorrect homonym usage, etc, often the only thing they're capable of grasping, as their need to find some way of winning, trumps their minds eye, as to the real topic at hand. They would serve themselves, everyone for that matter, much more so, if they were capable of looking past such trivialities, as this worldly arena of ever varying differences amongst people requires, so as to actually be productive, rather than being spiteful, (a means to release ones own personal pressures), at the expense of another.

Selfishness, seemingly that which man wields so effortlessly, often begetting the same in return; futility?
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Well said to both of you!!

Once again i find myself wishing Blaggard to be a female...and single...and blonde with green eyes...and a tight little toosh...and fancying me...(so somewhat vision impaired)
Greylorn Ell

Post by Greylorn Ell »

attofishpi wrote:Well said to both of you!!

Once again i find myself wishing Blaggard to be a female...and single...and blonde with green eyes...and a tight little toosh...and fancying me...(so somewhat vision impaired)
That pretty well explains both your personal and intellectual challenges. But modern technology offers a cheap solution. May I respectfully suggest that both of you obtain relief via the services of a rubber blow-up doll?