the nature of metaphysics

So what's really going on?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Advocate

the nature of metaphysics

Post by Advocate »

Metaphysics is a philosophy of concurrence; the set of compatible and cross-supporting answers to all "What is the nature of?" questions.
Walker

Re: the nature of metaphysics

Post by Walker »

Advocate wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 5:04 pm Metaphysics is a philosophy of concurrence; the set of compatible and cross-supporting answers to all "What is the nature of?" questions.
Suffering is a real consequence, however suffering is an arbitrary and therefore illusory cause.
bahman

Post by bahman »

Advocate wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 5:04 pm Metaphysics is a philosophy of concurrence; the set of compatible and cross-supporting answers to all "What is the nature of?" questions.
You cannot explain the nature of things. It is what it is. Therefore you are wrong.
Advocate

Post by Advocate »

[quote=bahman post_id=528219 time=1632595119 user_id=12593]
[quote=Advocate post_id=528200 time=1632585893 user_id=15238]
Metaphysics is a philosophy of concurrence; the set of compatible and cross-supporting answers to all "What is the nature of?" questions.
[/quote]
You cannot explain the nature of things. It is what it is. Therefore you are wrong.
[/quote]

But i can, and i do.
bahman

Post by bahman »

Advocate wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 8:16 pm
bahman wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:38 pm
But i can, and i do.
What is the nature of mass? Why do things with mass absorb each other?
Advocate

Post by Advocate »

[quote=bahman post_id=528227 time=1632601232 user_id=12593]
[quote=Advocate post_id=528224 time=1632597410 user_id=15238]
[quote=bahman post_id=528219 time=1632595119 user_id=12593]

[/quote]

But i can, and i do.
[/quote]
[/quote]

Things are a set of boundary conditions in a mind. I do not have an exhaustive knowledge of all possible things. That's ridiculous. Also that's a physics question. This here is philosophy territory, ya varmint!
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

More directly, metaphysics is made of two realities: 1. The Abstract Reality, where perception is resolved by zero or infinity, or in terms of +/_ 0, and 2. The Empirical Reality, where perception is perceived in terms of +/_ some value. re: what Wittgenstein’s “Tractatus Logico Politico Theologico Philosophicus” implies. This notion seems to make it imperative that Metaphysics be regarded as the umbrella under which is everything else of philosophy and science reside. -D.J.Sprague
Veritas Aequitas

Post by Veritas Aequitas »

Phoenix wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 2:10 am More directly, metaphysics is made of two realities: 1. The Abstract Reality, where perception is resolved by zero or infinity, or in terms of +/_ 0, and 2. The Empirical Reality, where perception is perceived in terms of +/_ some value. re: what Wittgenstein’s “Tractatus Logico Politico Theologico Philosophicus” implies. This notion seems to make it imperative that Metaphysics be regarded as the umbrella under which is everything else of philosophy and science reside. -D.J.Sprague
Empirical Reality is covered by Science and other empirical-based framework and system of knowledge.

Metaphysics is confined to areas that are meta-empirical which cannot be verified empirically but yet possess some degrees of rationality, as such is not contradictory.
In this case Metaphysics cannot be related to reality but merely speculative and is nevertheless useful in various limited ways.

For example perfect and ideal things cannot be rationalized in abstraction and they can be useful to guide the empirical practices.
For example in Geometry we have unconditional perfect circles, squares, triangles but none of these can ever be found in the conditional empirical world, but these ideals are used as universal standards.

Metaphysics can be useful but we know its limits with the condition what is metaphysical cannot be claimed to be real at all.

From the above, it is Philosophy-proper that overrides [ as the umbrella] Science and Metaphysics to ensure they are adopted rationally and applied morally.
bahman

Post by bahman »

Advocate wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:39 am
bahman wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 9:20 pm
Advocate wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 8:16 pm But i can, and i do.
Things are a set of boundary conditions in a mind. I do not have an exhaustive knowledge of all possible things. That's ridiculous. Also that's a physics question. This here is philosophy territory, ya varmint!
"What is mass?" is a question in the domain of philosophy of science.
Advocate

Post by Advocate »

[quote=bahman post_id=528672 time=1633114884 user_id=12593]
[quote=Advocate post_id=528236 time=1632620369 user_id=15238]
[quote=bahman post_id=528227 time=1632601232 user_id=12593]

[/quote]

[/quote]
"What is mass?" is a question in the domain of philosophy of science.
[/quote]

It's an empirical question. All languages are descriptive of reality, including the language of science.