What do you think? Do we live in a simulation?

So what's really going on?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Age
Posts: 6970
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:17 am

Re: What do you think? Do we live in a simulation?

Post by Age »

uwot wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 7:46 am
RCSaunders wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 9:07 pmWhat's a simulation? If it's all a simulation, where did the idea of a simulation come from?
Could be anything. All we know is all we can see;
What do 'you' mean by the word 'see' here?

Some say, 'All we know is all we can see, smell, feel, hear, and taste.

Also, some say that we can NOT trust all we can see, smell, feel, hear, and taste, so we can NOT judge what "we know" on all we can see, et cetera.
uwot wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 7:46 am there's a ton of scientific evidence that we have to create an explanation for.
And, what some of 'you', adult human beings, call "scientific evidence", in the days when this was written, is rolling on the floor laughed at in later days.
uwot wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 7:46 am Even our most widely held 'scientific' story implies that reality is in some sense simulated.
Now here is a PRIME EXAMPLE of what is LAUGHED AT.

WHAT 'scientific story', or stories, supposedly, implies that reality, itself, is in some sense simulated?
uwot wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 7:46 am According to the big bang/relativity/quantum mechanical mash up, solid matter is a product of forces and patterns in immaterial 'fields'.
Just because 'you', human beings, can not yet see thee 'fields', this does NOT mean that they are 'immaterial'.

Also, starting off with what is NOT even True AT ALL, will NEVER help 'you' to SEE thee ACTUAL Truth of 'things'.
uwot wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 7:46 am However good that story is for explaining what we see,
But that story is ABSOLUTELY HOPELESS and USELESS in explaining what 'you' ACTUALLY DO SEE. That story is ACTUALLY BLINDING 'you' to being ABLE TO SEE thee Truth of 'things'. In fact those stories are 'making' you SEE 'things' that are NOT EVEN THERE.
uwot wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 7:46 am it doesn't tell us anything about how those fields came to be.
This is BECAUSE those stories are NO GOOD, AT ALL.

Those stories are telling you are completely DISTORTED and TWISTED version of things. Those stories are therefore making you see a DISTORTED and TWISTED view of things. As can be CLEARLY EVIDENCED and PROVEN by human beings past history and story telling.
uwot wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 7:46 am You are pretty much free to make up your own creation myth.
Which 'you', adult human beings, have been doing for thousands upon thousands of years, so far.

Creation, however, speaks for Itself, and expresses NO myth. The evidence AND proof for this can be CLEARLY SEEN and HEARD, EXPERIENCED and OBSERVED. That is, if and when you learn HOW to LOOK and SEE properly AND Correctly.

God or the big bang created Everything is about the biggest creation myth, and lie, 'you', adult human beings, have come up with and created.

Because 'you live in the past', as is said, this is why you are fixated on what you are.

Creation, Itself, is an on going and never ending process, and contrary to popular BELIEF, in the days when this is written, is NOT some thing that BEGAN, as some say, and BELIEVE.
Age
Posts: 6970
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:17 am

Re: What do you think? Do we live in a simulation?

Post by Age »

commonsense wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 2:58 pm
Age wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 12:37 pm
Immanuel Can wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 3:59 am What is the "simulation" supposed to be "simulating"?

A "simulated" apple is something that looks like a (real) apple.
But how would 'you' know if 'you' are in a simulation?

The one who is making/creating the simulation may have made you think that a "simulated" apple is something that looks like a (real) apple, but in actuality, a (real) apple may look like an orange, for example.

If one is in a simulation, then they could not know what a, so called, "real thing" actually looks like.
Immanuel Can wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 3:59 am A "simulated" experience is one that convinces you that it's a real experience.
But this is obviously false. If one is convinced that they are in a simulation, then that experience has obviously proven that they are NOT convinced that it is a real experience.
Immanuel Can wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 3:59 am There are always, then, two apples or two experiences, in any situation that implicates a "simulation": the real, and the simulated one.
Did you mean to say, 'at least'. Because there could be countless simulated experiences, plus the, so called, "real experience".

Also, one could very easily create a simulated experience in which the ones within that simulated experience experience dragons, for example, but, in reality, there are NO real dragons AT ALL.
Immanuel Can wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 3:59 am But if there is only the "simulation," then it's not "simulating" anything. And then, it's not a "simulation."
Your, so called, "logic" does NOT follow 100% accurately.

Also, thee ACTUAL Truth is just far simpler.

There could NEVER be just a "simulation". There could be NO 'if' here and so there is NO 'if' here. Therefore, the rest of what you wrote and said here is just moot, anyway.
Immanuel Can wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 3:59 am If the "simulation" is the only reality,
This is just NONSENSICAL.

How could the "simulation" be the only reality. This is just not even a possibility in imagination, let alone possible in the Real and True "world".
Immanuel Can wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 3:59 am then there's nothing for it to "simulate."
Again this is just moot. There is NO 'if' here, also.
Immanuel Can wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 3:59 am So even using the word "simulation" assumes the existence of two realms, not one: one reality being the original, and the "simulation" being the copy.
Is this an 'assumption' or just a FACT.

The word "simulation" in the context of what is being talked about here is in relation to 'a life' or 'a world'. But this in NO WAY infers NOR assumes that the "simulated" 'life' or 'world' is an EXACT REPLICATE of the Real 'Life' or 'world'.
Immanuel Can wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 3:59 am So the question you're asking is not if we live merely in a "simulated" reality, but also, where is the other reality, the real one it (supposedly) "simulates"? :shock:
The question is ACTUALLY asking what the writer/poster of the question ACTUALLY INTENDED, and, 'shock', ONLY the one who wrote/posted the question KNOWS what the question is REALLY asking.

AND, the ONLY True way that ANY one else can obtain this KNOWING is by just asking the writer/poster A CLARIFYING QUESTION, or more.
Age, I took “simulation” when in quotation marks to mean so-called simulation, or in other words to mean reality.
Fair point. BUT, when "immanuel can" writes, for example;
A "simulated" apple is something that looks like a (real) apple.

You take this to mean;
A real apple is something that looks like a (real) apple, correct?

If yes, then okay.

But if no, then you now appear to be contradicting "yourself".
Immanuel Can wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 3:59 am Not that it would change the worth of your points, but just saying.
The only things that change the worth of my points are the way my points are being LOOKED AT and THOUGHT ABOUT.
Age
Posts: 6970
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:17 am

Re: What do you think? Do we live in a simulation?

Post by Age »

uwot wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 3:40 pm
Terrapin Station wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 1:10 pm
uwot wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 9:22 amThis idea that reality is not what it seems has been a feature of philosophy since Plato's allegory of the cave. Basically Plato likened our experience of the world to watching shadows on the wall of a cave. The shadows are cast by 'the real world' as it passes between the mouth of the cave and the true source of light.
In Plato's case, this was because (a) he was so confused about the ontology of mental phenomena, and (b) he had ideological views that he catered to where that was part of what made him so confused about mental phenomena. He had a need to place mental phenomena in the objective world and to claim that "real" stuff, where that was a term that had an evaluative, sort of "elitist" normativity to it, amounted to unchanging essences, etc.
I think Plato's theory of forms was a response to Parmenides' monism.
ANY and EVERY person can think that another person's words mean some thing different.

In fact there can be as many varied different views and thoughts about what "another" means as there are people who are looking at "another's" words. BUT, thee ONLY one that Truly KNOWS what was meant by one's words is the one who said or wrote them. AND, the ONLY WAY of Truly understanding the ACTUAL meaning behind those words is asking the writer/speaker a series of CLARIFYING QUESTIONS.

Now, 'you', adult human beings, can continue ASSUMING what "another" Truly meant in what they said, but REALLY 'you' are ALL just WASTING YOUR TIME doing so.
uwot wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 3:40 pm It's not very different to some shades of mathematical realism and is effectively the opening clause of most variations of ontological arguments for god. It's a while since I read the Phaedo, so why do you think Plato was especially confused about mental phenomena? I mean, frankly, who isn't?
Here now is GREAT EXAMPLE of a Truly CLARIFYING QUESTION, or two.
Age
Posts: 6970
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:17 am

Re: What do you think? Do we live in a simulation?

Post by Age »

Terrapin Station wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 6:13 pm
uwot wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 3:40 pm I think Plato's theory of forms was a response to Parmenides' monism. It's not very different to some shades of mathematical realism and is effectively the opening clause of most variations of ontological arguments for god. It's a while since I read the Phaedo, so why do you think Plato was especially confused about mental phenomena? I mean, frankly, who isn't?
Rather than simply realizing that such as concept formation, reasoning, valuing, etc. are things that individuals do, Plato (and subsequently Aristotle and many others) projected such phenomena into the world at large, so that concepts, rationality, etc. were seen as some sort of abstract, objective phenomena that you sort of "intuit" the "true nature" of.
Are you aware that other people SEE things differently here?

Also, are you aware of just how consistently you express your OWN PERSONAL view of 'things' as though 'your view' is the one and only true and correct view?

Now, considering the FACT that you are discussing what the true intention and/or meaning is behind "ANOTHER'S" view of 'things', then speaking like 'your view' is the only true and right one, comes across as being very self-centered and as having a very egotistical view of "one's" 'self'.
Terrapin Station wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 6:13 pm That's a big confusion that led to a lot of bad philosophy, where the effects/influence of that are still propagating today.
Well the species human being are VERY LUCKY that they have the one known as "terrapin station" here to CLEAR 'things' up for them, correct?
Age
Posts: 6970
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:17 am

Re: What do you think? Do we live in a simulation?

Post by Age »

uwot wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 7:24 pm
Terrapin Station wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 6:13 pmRather than simply realizing that such as concept formation, reasoning, valuing, etc. are things that individuals do, Plato (and subsequently Aristotle and many others) projected such phenomena into the world at large, so that concepts, rationality, etc. were seen as some sort of abstract, objective phenomena that you sort of "intuit" the "true nature" of. That's a big confusion that led to a lot of bad philosophy, where the effects/influence of that are still propagating today.
To be fair, much of western intellectual history has been a search for objective facts or absolute truths. Fundamentally, that's the empiricist and rationalist dichotomy that goes back to the Milesians and Eleatics. I wrote a piece on that for the magazine a while back: https://philosophynow.org/issues/104/Ph ... d_Branches What most people think of as science began when, according to the myth, Galileo muttered 'And yet it moves' while the inquisitors were leading him away. That the Earth moves is an objective fact at odds with the Absolute Truth that the Earth is the centre of the universe.
Why, what is true, right, and correct to 'you', "uwot", you call, 'objective fact', but what is false, wrong, and incorrect to 'you', you call, 'Absolute Truth'?

Also, are you here now claiming that you KNOW objective facts?
uwot wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 7:24 pm If you are chasing that "intuit" the "true nature" dragon, you are going down the Kantian rabbit hole.
Is this an 'objective fact', to you?
uwot wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 7:24 pm Fair goes, there's no way to avoid it realistically, but yeah, we are still in the world of bad philosophy today. I personally think that string theory has been a waste of several really promising careers - what has Ed Witten actually achieved, for example?
String theory, like the theory of evolution, like the big bang theory, like the Universe is expanding theory, like the time dilation theory, like the general relative theory, like the quantum mechanics theory, like EACH and EVERY other 'theory' has been a complete and utter waste of time. But, making up theories, and stories, is what 'you', adult human beings, are VERY GOOD at doing.

ASSUMING and GUESSING, THEORIZING, is a COMPLETE and UTTER WASTE OF TIME. While BELIEVING is EVEN WORSE.

ESPECIALLY considering thee FACT that being able to SEE and RECOGNIZE what thee ACTUAL Truth IS is about one of the EASIEST and SIMPLEST things that one CAN DO.
Age
Posts: 6970
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:17 am

Re: What do you think? Do we live in a simulation?

Post by Age »

Dimebag wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 9:25 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 7:09 pm
Gary Childress wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 3:38 am Elon Musk and others think we may live in a simulation. What do you think? Is it probable or plausible? And if we are living in a simulation, then what is the "reality" that the simulation is running within? For example, if we use the game Grand Theft Auto as an example of a simulation, then we would say that "reality" is me playing the game on a computer screen. The "simulation" is inside the processor and is viewed on the screen. Me looking at the computer screen while I play is "reality." Does a simulation presume a "reality" that it must be running in? And if so, then is it a violation of Occam's Razor to assume that we live in a simulation? Because, if we live in a simulation then we need to postulate the existence of a second world called "reality" within which the simulation is running.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/arti ... imulation/
EM is right to speculate we are living in a simulation.

Reality is a simulation simply because it’s nondual.

It’s a simulation because the characters are not real. The characters are not watching the movie of life, the characters are being watched by the light that animates them.

It’s no different than watching a movie on a tv ... every character seen is made out of the same substance that is watching....in other words LIGHT...with some sound effects thrown in of course.


.
I’m not saying I disagree,
I would say I disagree, especially considering the fact that "donstaskme" said and wrote;

characters are not real.
every character seen is made out of the same substance that is watching... in other words LIGHT.

So, if 'characters' are NOT REAL but are made out of the same stuff called "LIGHT", then LIGHT MUST BE NOT REAL, ALSO. According to "dontaskme's" "logic".

but, can you explain or expand on what you mean by light? Is the knowing of sound also light? I have heard this before and it makes me wonder how the light is the basis of all knowing.
[/quote]

Because to be able to SEE one NEEDS 'light'.

To be able to SEE is to be able to UNDERSTAND. 'To see' can also mean 'to understand'. So, because 'light' is needed to be able to see so to is 'light' needed to be able to understand.

And this is WHY the more wiser one become the more 'en-light-ened' they become ALSO.

Enlightening one also means to shine a 'light' on thee ACTUAL Truth of 'things' for them.

Also, and furthermore, the more wiser one becomes, thus the more en-'light'-ened they also become, the 'lighter' one is, then the more 'uplifted' they are becoming to be-come more wiser like God, or in other words more God-like.

And, this is WHY God is sometimes referred to as Spirit. As it is Spirit only, which is able to become Truly lifted up or up-lifted to the highest realms.

Light is needed for a being to begin to SEE, or UNDERSTAND, all knowing, but confusion, or darkness, still remains. That is; until all darkness has gone, then what is left is just the PURE LIGHT of the ALL-KNOWING Being. Human beings are on this evolutionary, and en-lighten-ing path, which is, literally, lighting the way for them to KNOW Thy Self.

Once who 'I' am becomes KNOWN, and FULLY UNDERSTOOD, then God, Thy Self, is REVEALED, the kingdom of Heaven/Peace is reached, and living in Harmony together as One is forever more.

But like ALL 'things' this is just an evolutionary process of which those who wait, patiently, are Truly REWARDED.
Age
Posts: 6970
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:17 am

Re: Do we live in a simulation?

Post by Age »

henry quirk wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 1:08 am 5A66D5DA-B99B-4772-A012-E769635C8C20.jpeg
Like the 'system' of;

I have a Right to OWN 'things' and if EVER ANY one else " touches MY 'things', then I have a Right to shoot and kill them DEAD.

This 'system' is known as GREED, and some people will, LITERALLY and LAUGHABLY, FIGHT to the death to protect that 'system'.

As CLEARLY EVIDENCED by 'yours' Truly.
Skepdick
Posts: 8041
Joined: Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:16 am

Re: What do you think? Do we live in a simulation?

Post by Skepdick »

Age wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 11:08 am
Skepdick wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 2:43 pm
Gary Childress wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 3:38 am Elon Musk and others think we may live in a simulation. What do you think? Is it probable or plausible?
It would certainly explain time dilation/relativistic phenomena.
But these have ALREADY been explained, anyway.
Skepdick wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 2:43 pm The inability of the underlying hardware to handle infinite precision/infinite values would cause exactly the kind of behaviour we are observing at the extremities as we start over-flowing buffers.
What kind of behavior, exactly, are 'you' observing at the extremities? And, what do 'you' mean here by 'extremities'?
What do you mean by "what do you mean?" ?
User avatar
henry quirk
Posts: 10926
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 8:07 pm

Re: Do we live in a simulation?

Post by henry quirk »

Age wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 1:00 pm As CLEARLY EVIDENCED by 'yours' Truly.
HAHAHAHAHA!
commonsense
Posts: 3513
Joined: Sun Mar 26, 2017 6:38 pm

Re: What do you think? Do we live in a simulation?

Post by commonsense »

Age wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 11:28 am
Well no matter how many number of simulated realities 'you', human beings, are existing in, 'you' are still ALWAYS in Reality, Itself. In other words if the simulated reality you are currently and presently in, was within ANY number of other simulated realities, they are ALL still in 'Reality', Itself. Therefore, by your own logic here, if 'you', human beings, are able to evolve discovering and learning more and anew, then 'you' are able to continually learn, see, and understand more and more. Which means; you have the ability to eventually become aware of thee One and ONLY True Reality.

Which, by the way, is NOT hard NOR complex at all. That is; when 'you' discover and/or learn how to be able to SEE thee ACTUAL of 'things' as they REALLY ARE.
commonsense wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 8:45 pm There would be no way for us to recognize that we are living in a simulation.
Why not?

If you have evolved with the ability to discover and/or learn that you could be living in a simulation, then why could you not continue evolving to discover and/or learn more and more?
commonsense wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 8:45 pm It would be a whole different matter if we were able to travel between, or exist in, multiple universes of reality and simulation.
But there are NO "multiple universes of reality and simulation".

There is ONLY One Universe/Reality, in which there could be any number of simulated any things, which are imagined and created up by (a) living being/s.

Being able to travel and SEE between what 'you', human beings see and imagine as being true and real, and, what IS ACTUALLY True and Real, is quite enlightening. It is also some thing in which ALL of 'you', human beings, will evolve into being able to do, as well.
Right on!
commonsense
Posts: 3513
Joined: Sun Mar 26, 2017 6:38 pm

Re: What do you think? Do we live in a simulation?

Post by commonsense »

Age wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 12:07 pm
commonsense wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 2:58 pm
Age wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 12:37 pm

But how would 'you' know if 'you' are in a simulation?

The one who is making/creating the simulation may have made you think that a "simulated" apple is something that looks like a (real) apple, but in actuality, a (real) apple may look like an orange, for example.

If one is in a simulation, then they could not know what a, so called, "real thing" actually looks like.



But this is obviously false. If one is convinced that they are in a simulation, then that experience has obviously proven that they are NOT convinced that it is a real experience.



Did you mean to say, 'at least'. Because there could be countless simulated experiences, plus the, so called, "real experience".

Also, one could very easily create a simulated experience in which the ones within that simulated experience experience dragons, for example, but, in reality, there are NO real dragons AT ALL.



Your, so called, "logic" does NOT follow 100% accurately.

Also, thee ACTUAL Truth is just far simpler.

There could NEVER be just a "simulation". There could be NO 'if' here and so there is NO 'if' here. Therefore, the rest of what you wrote and said here is just moot, anyway.



This is just NONSENSICAL.

How could the "simulation" be the only reality. This is just not even a possibility in imagination, let alone possible in the Real and True "world".



Again this is just moot. There is NO 'if' here, also.



Is this an 'assumption' or just a FACT.

The word "simulation" in the context of what is being talked about here is in relation to 'a life' or 'a world'. But this in NO WAY infers NOR assumes that the "simulated" 'life' or 'world' is an EXACT REPLICATE of the Real 'Life' or 'world'.



The question is ACTUALLY asking what the writer/poster of the question ACTUALLY INTENDED, and, 'shock', ONLY the one who wrote/posted the question KNOWS what the question is REALLY asking.

AND, the ONLY True way that ANY one else can obtain this KNOWING is by just asking the writer/poster A CLARIFYING QUESTION, or more.
Age, I took “simulation” when in quotation marks to mean so-called simulation, or in other words to mean reality.
Fair point. BUT, when "immanuel can" writes, for example;
A "simulated" apple is something that looks like a (real) apple.

You take this to mean;
A real apple is something that looks like a (real) apple, correct?

If yes, then okay.

But if no, then you now appear to be contradicting "yourself".
Immanuel Can wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 3:59 am Not that it would change the worth of your points, but just saying.
The only things that change the worth of my points are the way my points are being LOOKED AT and THOUGHT ABOUT.
Yes
Dontaskme
Posts: 9977
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:07 pm

Re: What do you think? Do we live in a simulation?

Post by Dontaskme »

Age wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 12:55 pm
I would say I disagree, especially considering the fact that "donstaskme" said and wrote;

characters are not real.
every character seen is made out of the same substance that is watching... in other words LIGHT.
Reality doesn't need ''Knowledge'' or a 'someone' to identify and label it, in order for it to BE
That's why AGE keeps relentlessly tripping up trying to explain truth.
The most obvious and biggest truth of reality is always right in front of our noses in clear plain sight.... truth is prior to any thought or word.
Words are the paint upon this blank canvas...and while the paint can be changed, the canvas never changes, the blank canvas is this immediate infinity for eternity, which just happens to be SOURCE that can never be negated or refuted.
Age wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 12:55 pmSo, if 'characters' are NOT REAL but are made out of the same stuff called "LIGHT", then LIGHT MUST BE NOT REAL, ALSO. According to "dontaskme's" "logic".
WoMan neither makes he/r brain nor he/r senses to function. They function because of electricity.The brain conveys electrical signals to every sense organ in the body. The electrical signals enable the sense organs to function in whatever way they need to function.Every brain cell is electricity and generates electricity.In the brain the conducted electrical signals get mysteriously transformed as illusory thoughts.
So even thoughts are an illusory manifestation of electricity.

Words are thoughts. So light and darkness are thoughts in the mind, and a thought is an illusion of electricity.

The light that is seen by the human in the daytime is a thought. In sleep light is seen in a dream, even though darkness is present in the head and in the bedroom. Light seen in a dream implies that darkness is light, which the human eye cannot see, but it is a thought of light in the human mind. This implies that light which the human believes he sees in the daytime is a thought of light too. So light and darkness are thoughts in the mind, and a thought is an illusion of electricity.

All that is - is neither dead nor alive. All that is - is NAMELESS/ without concept. Concepts are thoughts, and thoughts are illusions of electricty which is all there is. Consciousness would be impossible without electricity.

''The Sun is at a more positive electrical potential (voltage) than is the space plasma surrounding it - probably in the order of 10 billion volts. The Sun is powered, not from within itself, but from outside, by the electric (Birkeland) currents that flow in our arm of our galaxy as they do in all galaxies.''
Revelation is light and freedom.
Life is Illusory - it's an Optical and Auditory illusion of electricity, albeit a persistent one.Even Uncle Einstein told us so.

.
Dontaskme
Posts: 9977
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:07 pm

Re: What do you think? Do we live in a simulation?

Post by Dontaskme »

Birth and Death are the same ONE reality, can't have one without the other. ONE is the other, and the other is ONE
Age wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 11:03 amBut one is NOT the other. Obviously is 'dark' is NOT 'light', like 'light' is NOT 'dark'. But BOTH are part of thee One, and ONLY One.

The words Light and Dark may appear to be two very different words. Are they really two words or do they only appear as two words? Are they separate from each other with distinct cut-off points separating them or are they just one word without distinct cut-off points?

Close observation would reveal that cut-off points are absent in life, in this manifestation called world.

Where is the cut-off point between Light and Dark? All separation is therefore purely imaginary rather than real.
Every thing and every one is connected to one and other.
It is impossible to determine any realistic connecting points between what appears to manifest as one and other. Life actually flows as ONE singular UNITARY action. Any apparent division is imagination.

Words are dualistic.
The word light exists only because of the word dark and vice versa. The meaning of light depends on dark and vice versa. It is impossible for the word light to have any meaning on its own. If the word dark is absent, it would be impossible to have any concepts of light and vice versa. Therefore the word light is just one half and the other half is dark.

Therefore life is illusory because logic presents half a word to appear as a whole and half a meaning to appear complete. Since half a meaning is meaningless, every word that language has and man uses would definitely cause confusion rather than clarity.

Difference is purely illusory, not real. Difference where there is none, because there is only this non-dual appearing as dual which is really non-dual.

Darkness is nothing but intense light that the eyes cannot catch.Consequently, most objects that absorb visible light reemit it as heat. So, although an object may appear dark, it is likely bright at a frequency that humans cannot perceive.

Life is irrational and illogical to the mind attempting to make sense of it. So the mind will make it rational and logical according to its desire to KNOW ..via knowledge and language, which only point to the illusory nature of reality. Reality is neither real or unreal except in this conception. Reality is inconceivable except in this artificial conception.

IN REALITY..Life is jointly light and dark with all their meanings stuck to it. Freedom from these labels is pure light: light that cannot be seen, thought of, or written about, darkness that cannot be seen, thought of, or written about.

Words cannot touch reality as being real because its a simulation appearing real.

.
Age
Posts: 6970
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:17 am

Re: What do you think? Do we live in a simulation?

Post by Age »

Skepdick wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 1:41 pm
Age wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 11:08 am
Skepdick wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 2:43 pm
It would certainly explain time dilation/relativistic phenomena.
But these have ALREADY been explained, anyway.
Skepdick wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 2:43 pm The inability of the underlying hardware to handle infinite precision/infinite values would cause exactly the kind of behaviour we are observing at the extremities as we start over-flowing buffers.
What kind of behavior, exactly, are 'you' observing at the extremities? And, what do 'you' mean here by 'extremities'?
What do you mean by "what do you mean?" ?
What I mean by, "what do you mean", is you used the word "extremities" and I am wondering what the word 'extremities' is in relation to, exactly?

By the way, I also asked you another clarifying question, which you obviously have not yet clarified, either.
Age
Posts: 6970
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:17 am

Re: What do you think? Do we live in a simulation?

Post by Age »

Dontaskme wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 6:58 am
Age wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 12:55 pm
I would say I disagree, especially considering the fact that "donstaskme" said and wrote;

characters are not real.
every character seen is made out of the same substance that is watching... in other words LIGHT.
Reality doesn't need ''Knowledge'' or a 'someone' to identify and label it, in order for it to BE
That's why AGE keeps relentlessly tripping up trying to explain truth.
Have i tried to explain truth? LOL Have i even begun to try to explain truth? If yes, then when did i try, and trip up?

Thee Truth speaks for Itself, anyway.

One just NEEDS to be Truly OPEN to being able to SEE and HEAR thee Truth.

By the way, ave you been trying to explain truth?
Dontaskme wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 6:58 am The most obvious and biggest truth of reality is always right in front of our noses in clear plain sight.... truth is prior to any thought or word.
Words are the paint upon this blank canvas...and while the paint can be changed, the canvas never changes, the blank canvas is this immediate infinity for eternity, which just happens to be SOURCE that can never be negated or refuted.
Do 'you', "dontaskme", ever trip up trying to explain truth?
Dontaskme wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 6:58 am
Age wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 12:55 pmSo, if 'characters' are NOT REAL but are made out of the same stuff called "LIGHT", then LIGHT MUST BE NOT REAL, ALSO. According to "dontaskme's" "logic".
WoMan neither makes he/r brain nor he/r senses to function. They function because of electricity.The brain conveys electrical signals to every sense organ in the body. The electrical signals enable the sense organs to function in whatever way they need to function.Every brain cell is electricity and generates electricity.In the brain the conducted electrical signals get mysteriously transformed as illusory thoughts.
So even thoughts are an illusory manifestation of electricity.
If 'you', the illusionary character, say so, then it MUST BE true, to 'you', correct?
Dontaskme wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 6:58 am Words are thoughts. So light and darkness are thoughts in the mind, and a thought is an illusion of electricity.
Looks, to me, like a BIG trip (up) here

How does it logically relate and follow that IF 'words are thoughts', THEN "light and darkness are thoughts"?

Where, exactly, is the connection?
Dontaskme wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 6:58 am The light that is seen by the human in the daytime is a thought. In sleep light is seen in a dream, even though darkness is present in the head and in the bedroom. Light seen in a dream implies that darkness is light, which the human eye cannot see, but it is a thought of light in the human mind.
Where, and what, is this "human mind" thing, exactly?
Dontaskme wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 6:58 am This implies that light which the human believes he sees in the daytime is a thought of light too. So light and darkness are thoughts in the mind, and a thought is an illusion of electricity.

All that is - is neither dead nor alive. All that is - is NAMELESS/ without concept. Concepts are thoughts, and thoughts are illusions of electricty which is all there is.
Some "others" say there is more than just 'concepts'. Some actually say and claim that there are suns, planets, land, water, animals, human bodies, and concepts. So, who should I listen to, "them" or "dontaskme" here?

Who here is trying to explain truth, and who is right and correct?
Dontaskme wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 6:58 am Consciousness would be impossible without electricity.
And, to 'you', 'electricity' is, all there is", correct?
Dontaskme wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 6:58 am ''The Sun is at a more positive electrical potential (voltage) than is the space plasma surrounding it - probably in the order of 10 billion volts. The Sun is powered, not from within itself, but from outside, by the electric (Birkeland) currents that flow in our arm of our galaxy as they do in all galaxies.''
Revelation is light and freedom.
Life is Illusory - it's an Optical and Auditory illusion of electricity, albeit a persistent one.Even Uncle Einstein told us so.

.
Could you be tripping up trying to explain truth here?

Or is this just not possible?
Post Reply