Mind has no location

So what's really going on?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

User avatar
bahman
Posts: 3071
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2016 3:52 pm

Re: Mind has no location

Post by bahman » Thu May 21, 2020 8:05 pm

Sculptor wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 11:04 pm
bahman wrote:
Sat May 16, 2020 9:50 pm
In here we discuss that the reality is made of two things, minds and ideas. Minds are not due to/subjected to ideas. Therefore, they have no location.
rubbish.
Which part?

User avatar
bahman
Posts: 3071
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2016 3:52 pm

Re: Mind has no location

Post by bahman » Thu May 21, 2020 8:51 pm

Dubious wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 2:11 am
bahman wrote:
Sat May 16, 2020 9:50 pm
In here we discuss that the reality is made of two things, minds and ideas. Minds are not due to/subjected to ideas. Therefore, they have no location.
A lot of people on farce forums, aka, philosophy forums make use of what they have while at the same time denying that they have it or can't locate it.
Are you talking about the mind?
Dubious wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 2:11 am
It takes a mind or facsimile to say minds don't have a location which makes one wonder...where is the echo coming from!
The echo takes form as it coming out of your mind. The form become complete in material reality where you can experience it and express it.

User avatar
bahman
Posts: 3071
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2016 3:52 pm

Re: Mind has no location

Post by bahman » Thu May 21, 2020 8:55 pm

Dontaskme wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 3:29 pm
bahman wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 7:50 pm
Dontaskme wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 10:23 am

Location implies a place that is known to exist. In this case the 'Mind'
That is the position of experience, not mind.
An experience requires an experiencer.
Yes.
Dontaskme wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 3:29 pm
What is the location of an experience
Where you are.
Dontaskme wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 3:29 pm
...and also what is the location of the experiencer ?
It has no location. Just think about a world without any idea but a mind.
Dontaskme wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 3:29 pm
The mind is an irreducible thing. You cannot find it. You think that the mind has to be in the position of matter to experience it. I think not.
This claim is born of knowledge
Then all that knowledge informs is that there is no location to the knower of knowledge.
True.

User avatar
Sculptor
Posts: 1556
Joined: Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:32 pm

Re: Mind has no location

Post by Sculptor » Thu May 21, 2020 10:45 pm

bahman wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 8:05 pm
Sculptor wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 11:04 pm
bahman wrote:
Sat May 16, 2020 9:50 pm
In here we discuss that the reality is made of two things, minds and ideas. Minds are not due to/subjected to ideas. Therefore, they have no location.
rubbish.
Which part?
You can't tell?
Maybe because you mind has no location.

User avatar
Dontaskme
Posts: 7985
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:07 pm
Location: Jains Jungle

Re: Mind has no location

Post by Dontaskme » Fri May 22, 2020 12:21 pm

Dontaskme wrote:
What is the location of an experience?
bahman wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 8:55 pm
Where you are.
Dontaskme wrote:
...and also what is the location of the experiencer ?
bahman wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 8:55 pm
It has no location. Just think about a world without any idea but a mind.
Then the experiencer is the experience in the exact same moment, in that they are the same moment of experience. And the known place of this moment is (Where you are) meaning right here/now......is that right?

So (where you are ) here/now has no location. . . . is that what you are saying?

.

User avatar
bahman
Posts: 3071
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2016 3:52 pm

Re: Mind has no location

Post by bahman » Fri May 22, 2020 8:04 pm

Sculptor wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 10:45 pm
bahman wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 8:05 pm
Sculptor wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 11:04 pm
rubbish.
Which part?
You can't tell?
Maybe because you mind has no location.
I am serious. I don't know.

User avatar
bahman
Posts: 3071
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2016 3:52 pm

Re: Mind has no location

Post by bahman » Fri May 22, 2020 8:09 pm

Dontaskme wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 12:21 pm
Dontaskme wrote:
What is the location of an experience?
bahman wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 8:55 pm
Where you are.
Dontaskme wrote:
...and also what is the location of the experiencer ?
bahman wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 8:55 pm
It has no location. Just think about a world without any idea but a mind.
Then the experiencer is the experience in the exact same moment, in that they are the same moment of experience.
No. The experiencer experiences. They are not the same.
Dontaskme wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 12:21 pm
And the known place of this moment is (Where you are) meaning right here/now......is that right?
What do you mean?
Dontaskme wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 12:21 pm
So (where you are ) here/now has no location. . . . is that what you are saying?

.
Here point to the location that something exists. Location is a property of space. Space can be experienced.

User avatar
Sculptor
Posts: 1556
Joined: Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:32 pm

Re: Mind has no location

Post by Sculptor » Fri May 22, 2020 10:38 pm

bahman wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 8:04 pm
Sculptor wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 10:45 pm
bahman wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 8:05 pm

Which part?
You can't tell?
Maybe because you mind has no location.
I am serious. I don't know.
If you don't know then stop making assertions you cannot support

User avatar
Dontaskme
Posts: 7985
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:07 pm
Location: Jains Jungle

Re: Mind has no location

Post by Dontaskme » Sat May 23, 2020 10:51 am

Dontaskme wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 12:21 pm

Then the experiencer is the experience in the exact same moment, in that they are the same moment of experience.
bahman wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 8:09 pm
No. The experiencer experiences. They are not the same.
I meant the experiencer and the experience are one and the same thing. In that an experience cannot be separated from the experiencer...there is no difference, and yet you say they are not the same.
If you mean the experiencer is the space, and the experience is the known object of that space, then I agree with you.
Dontaskme wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 12:21 pm
And the known place of this moment is (Where you are) meaning right here/now......is that right?
bahman wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 8:09 pm
What do you mean?
I was responding to the ''Where you are'' ...with right here/now, the only place there is.
Dontaskme wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 12:21 pm
So (where you are ) here/now has no location. . . . is that what you are saying?

bahman wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 8:09 pm
Here point to the location that something exists. Location is a property of space. Space can be experienced.
So it seems like you are saying that space is Where you are ..although space has no actual location....is that right?

.

User avatar
bahman
Posts: 3071
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2016 3:52 pm

Re: Mind has no location

Post by bahman » Sat May 23, 2020 8:47 pm

Sculptor wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 10:38 pm
bahman wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 8:04 pm
Sculptor wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 10:45 pm

You can't tell?
Maybe because you mind has no location.
I am serious. I don't know.
If you don't know then stop making assertions you cannot support
I mean. I don't know what is wrong with my argument. Perhaps you could enlighten me.

What is the mind in your opinion? Where is its location in your opinion?
Last edited by bahman on Sat May 23, 2020 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
bahman
Posts: 3071
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2016 3:52 pm

Re: Mind has no location

Post by bahman » Sat May 23, 2020 9:00 pm

Dontaskme wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 10:51 am
Dontaskme wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 12:21 pm
Then the experiencer is the experience in the exact same moment, in that they are the same moment of experience.
bahman wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 8:09 pm
No. The experiencer experiences. They are not the same.
I meant the experiencer and the experience are one and the same thing. In that an experience cannot be separated from the experiencer...there is no difference, and yet you say they are not the same.
This we already discuss it. If you think you are frames of consciousness/experiences like a movie then you are wrong. There is a reason that this movie is coherent, mind that processes what has been experienced.
Dontaskme wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 10:51 am
If you mean the experiencer is the space, and the experience is the known object of that space, then I agree with you.
No. Space is the subject of experience of mind too.
Dontaskme wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 10:51 am
Dontaskme wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 12:21 pm
And the known place of this moment is (Where you are) meaning right here/now......is that right?
bahman wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 8:09 pm
What do you mean?
I was responding to the ''Where you are'' ...with right here/now, the only place there is.
Yes. I am here and now. I exist.
Dontaskme wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 10:51 am
Dontaskme wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 12:21 pm
So (where you are ) here/now has no location. . . . is that what you are saying?
bahman wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 8:09 pm
Here point to the location that something exists. Location is a property of space. Space can be experienced.
So it seems like you are saying that space is Where you are ..although space has no actual location....is that right?

.
Our experience occurs in space. Space itself is a subject of experience.

User avatar
Sculptor
Posts: 1556
Joined: Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:32 pm

Re: Mind has no location

Post by Sculptor » Sun May 24, 2020 3:41 pm

bahman wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 8:47 pm
Sculptor wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 10:38 pm
bahman wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 8:04 pm

I am serious. I don't know.
If you don't know then stop making assertions you cannot support
I mean. I don't know what is wrong with my argument. Perhaps you could enlighten me.

What is the mind in your opinion? Where is its location in your opinion?
Why don't you ask yourself what you do with your mind?

User avatar
Dontaskme
Posts: 7985
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:07 pm
Location: Jains Jungle

Re: Mind has no location

Post by Dontaskme » Sun May 24, 2020 3:52 pm

bahman wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 9:00 pm
Our experience occurs in space. Space itself is a subject of experience.
Which has no location.

And the reason it has no location is because it is everywhere at once, and that where ever you go there you are.

To locate space is to occupy it. There is nothing occupying space other than space itself.

User avatar
bahman
Posts: 3071
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2016 3:52 pm

Re: Mind has no location

Post by bahman » Sun May 24, 2020 9:50 pm

Sculptor wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 3:41 pm
bahman wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 8:47 pm
Sculptor wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 10:38 pm


If you don't know then stop making assertions you cannot support
I mean. I don't know what is wrong with my argument. Perhaps you could enlighten me.

What is the mind in your opinion? Where is its location in your opinion?
Why don't you ask yourself what you do with your mind?
You are not making any sense!

User avatar
bahman
Posts: 3071
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2016 3:52 pm

Re: Mind has no location

Post by bahman » Sun May 24, 2020 9:51 pm

Dontaskme wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 3:52 pm
bahman wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 9:00 pm
Our experience occurs in space. Space itself is a subject of experience.
Which has no location.

And the reason it has no location is because it is everywhere at once, and that where ever you go there you are.
Yes, space does not have any location. I already defined the location.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Michael MD and 7 guests