Fun with logic, Peano and Constructivism!

So what's really going on?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Eodnhoj7

Re: Fun with logic, Peano and Constructivism!

Post by Eodnhoj7 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:40 pm

nothing wrote:
Sun Mar 08, 2020 11:31 pm
Scott Mayers wrote:
Sat Mar 07, 2020 11:03 pm
I'm atheist. Given a reality where 'god' cannot be scientificaly rationalized, whatever we are made up of, if by 'laws', these have no foundation for being "obeyed" even by nature without some underlying LOGIC of abstract factors that lack any SPECIAL case, like our particular Universe that has laws. As such, reality HAS TO BE 'mathematical' (ie logical) with the only 'constants' possible as "absolutely nothing" or "absolutely everything" as elemental inputs.
Excellent post - made me happy reading.

To approach this idea in another way:
wherein {alpha+/-omega} serve as a universally bestowed, locally employed null binary
which can be assumed by any (meta-)physical binary relationship:
conjugation, reciprocation, denial (ie. thesis/antithesis) etc.

If we say all-knowing is a valid state (ie. as often attributed to 'god') then
...to know {all thus not} to believe...
indefinitely approaches such an all-knowing state,
revealing that {knowledge and belief} are antithetical, thus:
all knowledge negates all belief-based ignorance(s) ad infinitum.
If Satan had a phallus, he'd have named it 'BELIEF'
would that all "believers" be incessant suckers.
-nothing
That one will sting the "believers".
No it won't.

bahman

Post by bahman » Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:35 pm

RCSaunders wrote:
Fri Mar 06, 2020 2:27 am
Skepdick wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:39 pm
If the Mathematical universe was truly immutable, no information could ever leave it under observation. No Mathematician could ever learn anything about Mathematics.
(...continued...)
There is no such thing as a, "mathematical universe." "Mathematics is a human invention for dealing with those aspects of existence which can be counted and measured. Outside human minds, mathematics does not exist at all.
I would say is mathematics is a human construct which part can be real and another part cannot.

RCSaunders

Post by RCSaunders » Sat Mar 28, 2020 1:08 am

bahman wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:35 pm
I would say is mathematics is a human construct which part can be real and another part cannot.
Oh, well, that's helpful. What does it mean? Mathematics is certainly a human invention, like language, logic, and geometry, and only exists epistemologically, but it really does exist, but it does no exist ontologically.

bahman

Post by bahman » Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:56 pm

RCSaunders wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 1:08 am
bahman wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:35 pm
Oh, well, that's helpful. What does it mean? Mathematics is certainly a human invention, like language, logic, and geometry, and only exists epistemologically, but it really does exist, but it does no exist ontologically.
I mean, only some mathematical frameworks Apply to reality. The rest are not coherent.

RCSaunders

Post by RCSaunders » Sun Mar 29, 2020 1:03 am

bahman wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:56 pm
I mean, only some mathematical frameworks Apply to reality. The rest are not coherent.
Mathematics only pertains to those aspects of the ontological that can be counted or measured. Whether all of mathematics can be used for those purposes cannot be known. There are certainly aspects of physical existence that at one time nobody could have guessed could be understood in terms of logarithms, simultaneous linear equations, the calculus, or transcendental numbers, but they can.