Dr Raymond Moody~Glimpses of Eternity

For the discussion of philosophical books.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Izzywizzy
Posts: 155
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:52 pm

Dr Raymond Moody~Glimpses of Eternity

Post by Izzywizzy »

Critics Reviews of Gimpses of Eternity!


Glimpses of Eternity: Sharing a

Loved One's Passage from This Life

to the Next

By Raymond Moody and Paul Perrry.
October 2010 182p. Guideposts.$19.99
(0980824948139). 133.90

"Scientifically sound and profoundly inspiring" —Jeffrey Long, MD, Author of New York Times Bestseller Evidence of the Afterlife

"If you know anything about near-death experience, you know Moody; he's beeon the cutting edge of the research since the publication of his first book, Life After Life [1975]. Now he takes the phenonmenon to another level. In the 1980's, Moody began hearing about shared-death experiences; friends, family, and medical personnel go along with the dying as they are surrounded by the light, taken through the tunnel, and sometimes even take part in the life review. Most of the book comprises firsthand accounts that tell a common story. Then Moody takes on some of the most-asked questions raised by the idea of shared-death experiences; Do they tell us something new about the afterlife? Do you have to be religious to have the experience? How do you know people who claim to have had shared death experiences aren't lying? Moody also theorizes on what might explain the experiences and how shared-death experiences migh be the ancient basis for religion. Nonbelievers will scoff, but as Moody notes, "I think it's good for manking to have a hearty dose of the unexplained.".....Ilene Copper


I read the book Life after Life many years ago , it was the first scientifically studied phenomena I had read that tallied with my own research. :)
chaz wyman
Posts: 5305
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:31 pm

Re: Dr Raymond Moody~Glimpses of Eternity

Post by chaz wyman »

Izzywizzy wrote:
Critics Reviews of Gimpses of Eternity!


Glimpses of Eternity: Sharing a

Loved One's Passage from This Life

to the Next

By Raymond Moody and Paul Perrry.
October 2010 182p. Guideposts.$19.99
(0980824948139). 133.90

"Scientifically sound and profoundly inspiring" —Jeffrey Long, MD, Author of New York Times Bestseller Evidence of the Afterlife

"If you know anything about near-death experience, you know Moody; he's beeon the cutting edge of the research since the publication of his first book, Life After Life [1975]. Now he takes the phenonmenon to another level. In the 1980's, Moody began hearing about shared-death experiences; friends, family, and medical personnel go along with the dying as they are surrounded by the light, taken through the tunnel, and sometimes even take part in the life review. Most of the book comprises firsthand accounts that tell a common story. Then Moody takes on some of the most-asked questions raised by the idea of shared-death experiences; Do they tell us something new about the afterlife? Do you have to be religious to have the experience? How do you know people who claim to have had shared death experiences aren't lying? Moody also theorizes on what might explain the experiences and how shared-death experiences migh be the ancient basis for religion. Nonbelievers will scoff, but as Moody notes, "I think it's good for manking to have a hearty dose of the unexplained.".....Ilene Copper


I read the book Life after Life many years ago , it was the first scientifically studied phenomena I had read that tallied with my own research. :)
The book comes from Kook'sVille sweetie, sorry you were influenced by it at an early age. That's how the charlatans promote their ideas. Maybe you will get over it someday?
This does kind of put you in context. Thanks for sharing - I now understand you a little better.
The only place on earth where this is taken seriously in in the "god hates gays" bible belt of the USA.
Note the word NEAR when it comes to near death experiences. There are good physiological reasons why people see a white tunnel, and get delirium NEAR death.
Do you seriously take mirror gazing seriously?
Izzywizzy
Posts: 155
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:52 pm

Re: Dr Raymond Moody~Glimpses of Eternity

Post by Izzywizzy »

Chazwyman
Your comments comes from Kook'sVille sweetie, sorry you were influenced by it at an early age. That's how the charlatans aka militant atheists promote their ideas. Maybe you will get over it someday?
This does kind of put you in context. Thanks for sharing - I now understand you a little better.
The only place on earth where your comments are taken seriously in in the "god hates gays" bible belt of the USA.
Note the word NEAR when it comes to near death experiences. There are good physiological reasons why people see a white tunnel, and get delirium NEAR death. Which the book explains had you read it!
Do you seriously take mirror gazing seriously after all you should look in the mirror at yourself first.

touche`

Mirror

Chaz it isn`t to difficult for anyone to see what your agenda is, and your Raving Militiant Atheism ...considering the book neither mentions ones sexuality be it homosexual or hetrosexual, and the book makes no mention of the bible or the biblical bible belts in the USA..Chaz your use of a sheer strawman is in the hope to derail this thread with your off topic babblings, hasn`t and won`t work. :P
Izzywizzy
Posts: 155
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:52 pm

Re: Dr Raymond Moody~Glimpses of Eternity

Post by Izzywizzy »

I have had a NDE of sorts myself or you might call it an astral one.. shortly after giving birth to my second child..it was a difficult birth, and the weeks following at home I felt what can only be described as electrical shocks through my extremities and an unwell exhaustion..constant dizzy spells..which couldn`t be accounted for, my blood count didn`t show anaemia, the doctors put it down to the sudden hormonal changes one night in bed getting ready for sleep but not asleep, I found myself astralling and leaving my body and walking around my room, I could see my physical body still lying on the bed..it wasn`t a pleasant experience for me as I didn’t understand what was happening to me..and I quickly found myself back in my body again..this occurrence of leaving my body involuntarily went on for weeks..coupled with the sheer exhaustion of the birth..It felt like I was dying at the time…it felt like a NDE

Another strange coincidence was, when, I purchased this book, the owner of the bookstore ( who is also a music teacher ) decided to confide in me about his own NDE after a serious car crash left four of his orchestra pals dead and him still alive, he had been driving, the night of the crash when suddenly a car careered across two lanes head on into his..he was in hospital on a life support machine with little hope he would live..he recalled how he could see his body on the bed as he was floating above himself on the ceiling, he couldn`t feel any pain ..he could move about aswell, two weeks later his wife arrived teary and upset and she brought a priest to give her husband the last rites..his wife and the priest went out of the room to discuss this and went down the corridor to a private room to discuss switching his life support machine off..he followed them and could hear word for word what they were saying..he thought to himself NO!!! and that he must return to the explain to wives of his collegues that the crash wasn`t his fault, suddenly he entered his body an suddenly he felt the excruciating pain from his injuries..I`d call this empirical evidence that something happens to us after death and during dying..not just chemicals as Chaz would like us to believe! This man heard and recited verbatim a convo his wife had with the priest which was a corridor away from his room. His wife also vouched for this account as true. It shocked her he knew what had been said word for word..
chaz wyman
Posts: 5305
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:31 pm

Re: Dr Raymond Moody~Glimpses of Eternity

Post by chaz wyman »

Izzywizzy wrote:Chazwyman
Your comments comes from Kook'sVille sweetie, sorry you were influenced by it at an early age. That's how the charlatans aka militant atheists promote their ideas. Maybe you will get over it someday?
This does kind of put you in context. Thanks for sharing - I now understand you a little better.
The only place on earth where your comments are taken seriously in in the "god hates gays" bible belt of the USA.
Note the word NEAR when it comes to near death experiences. There are good physiological reasons why people see a white tunnel, and get delirium NEAR death. Which the book explains had you read it!
Do you seriously take mirror gazing seriously after all you should look in the mirror at yourself first.

touche`

Mirror

Chaz it isn`t to difficult for anyone to see what your agenda is, and your Raving Militiant Atheism ...considering the book neither mentions ones sexuality be it homosexual or hetrosexual, and the book makes no mention of the bible or the biblical bible belts in the USA..Chaz your use of a sheer strawman is in the hope to derail this thread with your off topic babblings, hasn`t and won`t work. :P
I did not imply it did mention gays.; that's why I put it in quotes.
I did not even offer a strawman or other argument. I was imply reflecting on what this can tell me about you.
Izzywizzy
Posts: 155
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:52 pm

Re: Dr Raymond Moody~Glimpses of Eternity

Post by Izzywizzy »

lets add lieing to your list
I did not imply it did mention gays.;
Chazwyman did more than imply he boldly asserted and said.. he did not imply HE SAID ..he asserted..
Thanks for sharing - I now understand you a little better.
The only place on earth where this is taken seriously in in the "god hates gays" bible belt of the USA.
another strawman lol
I was imply reflecting on what this can tell me about you.
pray tell me what it imply`s about me..by it i mean everything thus far i have written not others like DR. Raymond Moody ..on this thread..you can`t rationally assert anything about me..you don`t know me. Tell me Chaz..Didn`t the moderators tell you don`t get personal..address the post not the poster? isn`t it time Chazwyman got professional? he expects it from us..i rest my case.
chaz wyman
Posts: 5305
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:31 pm

Re: Dr Raymond Moody~Glimpses of Eternity

Post by chaz wyman »

Izzywizzy wrote:lets add lieing to your list
I did not imply it did mention gays.;
Chazwyman did more than imply he boldly asserted and said.. he did not imply HE SAID ..he asserted..
Thanks for sharing - I now understand you a little better.
The only place on earth where this is taken seriously in in the "god hates gays" bible belt of the USA.
another strawman lol
I was imply reflecting on what this can tell me about you.
pray tell me what it imply`s about me..by it i mean everything thus far i have written not others like DR. Raymond Moody ..on this thread..you can`t rationally assert anything about me..you don`t know me. Tell me Chaz..Didn`t the moderators tell you don`t get personal..address the post not the poster? isn`t it time Chazwyman got professional? he expects it from us..i rest my case.

Not only am I now going to associate you with religious nutters (which is all i meant to do) i am now going to think you are stupid. I know what I said and know exactly why I said it. Do you really think you are going to change my mind?
You are just being very silly.
Tell me this - why did I put " god hates gays" in quotes? When you work that out then you will figure this whole thing out.
Now go away and join your "muesli eating", "carbon reducing", "calorie counting", Wafer nibbling", "crystal gazing", "god loving","bible thumping", "spoon bending", "star gazing", "water divining" friends, and ask yourself why you are bothering to go an a philosophy website when there are so many others that are more suitable.

http://www.spr.ac.uk/main/
http://www.wicca.com/
http://www.forteantimes.com/forum/

You'll find lots of people to have a nice chat with.

Izzywizzy
Posts: 155
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:52 pm

Re: Dr Raymond Moody~Glimpses of Eternity

Post by Izzywizzy »

Not once has Chaz wyman addressed the opening post written by the critics of dr moodys book..not once has he stayed on topic..he has just rambled on about what he thinks i am..lol he falsely accuses me of being a religious nutter.. as he puts it and without foundation or rationalism or fact..to back up his red herrings adhoms my way..i am growing increasingly tired of reading his irrational postings..and replys to my rational postings..this said..i am certain in his delusional and altered mind state he truely believes he is being rational.. :P
chaz wyman
Posts: 5305
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:31 pm

Re: Dr Raymond Moody~Glimpses of Eternity

Post by chaz wyman »

Izzywizzy wrote:Not once has Chaz wyman addressed the opening post written by the critics of dr moodys book..not once has he stayed on topic..he has just rambled on about what he thinks i am..lol he falsely accuses me of being a religious nutter.. as he puts it and without foundation or rationalism or fact..to back up his red herrings adhoms my way..i am growing increasingly tired of reading his irrational postings..and replys to my rational postings..this said..i am certain in his delusional and altered mind state he truely believes he is being rational.. :P
Don't get all Moody now!! LOL
"Scientifically sound and profoundly inspiring" —Jeffrey Long, MD, Author of New York Times Bestseller Evidence of the Afterlife
Anyone who can repeat this bullshit gets on my list of religious nutters.
Izzywizzy
Posts: 155
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:52 pm

Re: Dr Raymond Moody~Glimpses of Eternity

Post by Izzywizzy »

Anyone who can repeat this bullshit gets on my list of religious nutters.

Well Chaz there is no antidote for your blinkered blind thinking..the fact that those of science and qualified disagree with you, has no bearing on your false accusations my way..I have only spoken about some of my research not all all of it on here..take it or leave it..doesn`t bother me what you decide..but please try to remain clear and unbias..after all scepticism demands honesty and honest enquiry not bias blinders to suit your goal..i have experienced NDE whether you like or not..i didn`t like it..but it occured..i fail to see how genuine scientists in this case..are now called religious nutters..its another crock from your many crocks..i find people like you more fanatical in their opinions than anyone be they scientist or teacher or religious..touche`do you know what you fear chaz..you fear afterlife as being a truth..it might just mean religion was onto something..it might just mean you can`t dismiss all faith as bull..it might just mean you have to open your mind..i can understand your fear ..but not your lies.. religion can be used to be the persecutor ..ie judge and jury..we see this in the irrational middle east religions..religion isnt always good for us..after all its run by fallible humans who do abuse..but no more than any other industry..I for my part am not a person who follows religious indoctrination..so therefore falls your weak arguement asserting i do..
Last edited by Izzywizzy on Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chaz wyman
Posts: 5305
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:31 pm

Re: Dr Raymond Moody~Glimpses of Eternity

Post by chaz wyman »

Izzywizzy wrote:
Anyone who can repeat this bullshit gets on my list of religious nutters.

Well Chaz there is no anecdote for your blinkered blind thinking..the fact that those of science and qualified disagree with you, has no bearing on your false accusations my way..I have only spoken about some of my research not all all of it on here..take it or leave it..doesn`t bother me what you decide..but please try to remain clear and unbias..after all scepticism demands honesty and honest enquiry not bias blinders to suit your goal..i have experienced NDE whether you like or not..i didn`t like it..but it occured..i fail to see how genuine scientists in this case..are now called religious nutters..its another crock from your many crocks..i find people like you more fanatical in their opinions than anyone be they scientist or teacher or religious..touche`do you know what you fear chaz..you fear afterlife as being a truth..it might just mean religion was onto something..it might just mean you can`t dismiss all faith as bull..it might just mean you have to open your mind..i can understand your fear ..but not your lies.. religion can be used to be the persecutor ..ie judge and jury..we see this in the irrational middle east religions..religion isnt always good for us..after all its run by fallible humans who do abuse..but no more than any other industry..I for my part am not a person who follows religious indoctrination..so therefore falls your weak arguement asserting i do..

Thats okay. No need to get all emotional. You are on my list of religious nutters and I ma on your list of... what was it? "blinkered blind thinking".
I'll stick with evidence and you can have your dreams.
Why are you so angry about it?
Izzywizzy
Posts: 155
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:52 pm

Re: Dr Raymond Moody~Glimpses of Eternity

Post by Izzywizzy »

Chaz said
I'll stick with evidence and you can have your dreams.

but when have you? you have denied it and poo hooed it with little no attempt to show your reasoning`s why?

Chaz asks
Why are you so angry about it?
I was going to ask you the same question after all it wasn`t me saying [/color]"anyone who believes this bullshit is a nutter" , that would be your anger showing!

me: Scientifically sound and profoundly inspiring" —Jeffrey Long, MD, Author of New York Times Bestseller Evidence of the Afterlife



Chaz Wymans response absolute vitriol.. for no rational reason given from him thus far..

Chaz wrote
Anyone who can repeat this bullshit gets on my list of religious nutters


the above his totally over emotional irrational tirade. Does Chaz know something about Jeffrey Long the rest of us don`t? if so he could rationally share it..but his bold assertions claiming those repeating as nutters doesn`t qualify as anywhere near a rational discourse for me. :roll:
chaz wyman
Posts: 5305
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:31 pm

Re: Dr Raymond Moody~Glimpses of Eternity

Post by chaz wyman »

Izzywizzy wrote:Chaz said
I'll stick with evidence and you can have your dreams.

but when have you? you have denied it and poo hooed it with little no attempt to show your reasoning`s why?

Because I demand evidence, as I told you.

Chaz asks
Why are you so angry about it?
I was going to ask you the same question after all it wasn`t me saying [/color]"anyone who believes this bullshit is a nutter" , that would be your anger showing!

That is just a statement of fact. I'm not angry that other people choose to follow a dream.
But there are plenty of Forums for that stuff as I pointed out. You will find people there who are interested in that stuff. But tell me, how is it philosophy?


me: Scientifically sound and profoundly inspiring" —Jeffrey Long, MD, Author of New York Times Bestseller Evidence of the Afterlife



Chaz Wymans response absolute vitriol.. for no rational reason given from him thus far..

There is nothing scientifically sound about it. I'm sure the good Christian doctor finds it profoundly inspiring, but I need more than the say-so of a person who thinks he's found "evidence of the afterlife'.





Chaz wrote
Anyone who can repeat this bullshit gets on my list of religious nutters


the above his totally over emotional irrational tirade. Does Chaz know something about Jeffrey Long the rest of us don`t? if so he could rationally share it..but his bold assertions claiming those repeating as nutters doesn`t qualify as anywhere near a rational discourse for me. :roll:


At the moment you are just blowing hot air. What do you think is the scientific substance of this?
Izzywizzy
Posts: 155
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:52 pm

Re: Dr Raymond Moody~Glimpses of Eternity

Post by Izzywizzy »

That is just a statement of fact.
NO Chaz that is a statement from blind ignorance, you haven`t even read the book! geez it isn`t even april fools day. That is tomorrow.
chaz wyman
Posts: 5305
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:31 pm

Re: Dr Raymond Moody~Glimpses of Eternity

Post by chaz wyman »

Izzywizzy wrote:
That is just a statement of fact.
NO Chaz that is a statement from blind ignorance, you haven`t even read the book! geez it isn`t even april fools day. That is tomorrow.
Dream on - It looks like you are on your own.
Post Reply