About the 3 Volumes of "Moral Psychology" by W. S.-A.

For the discussion of philosophical books.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Aetixintro

About the 3 Volumes of "Moral Psychology" by W. S.-A.

Post by Aetixintro »

I have bought the 3 volumes work by Walter Sinnott-Armstrong and I'd like to review it in some time to come!

However, there appears to be a deficiency in it:
when you are to inquire about morality of people, you don't need to put on the table very complex questionnaires. No, you only need to check for the (objective) simple rule-following of the type of (Neo-)Kantianism. And there is no need to adjust the inquiry to each one person. No, you put the same thing to everybody. This may get lost when you begin to read Moral Psychology that's edited by Walter Sinnott-Armstrong.

All in all, moral inquiry and moral psychology testing is about testing a person's views in relation to duties and rule-following.
A small note (of no particular importance): I have a feeling that the U.S. Americans are holding back on some of their best views when they are to put their views out to the world, although I'm not willing to stand by this or that "conspiracy" theory in this regard.
(There should be no need to emphasise research ethics and private people's rights, regardless of ethics or not!)
More later.

Cheers! :)