The Universe & Consciousness Explained

For the discussion of philosophical books.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

DaveEssex

final "game" instructions

Post by DaveEssex »

To any so interested in following the line of logical deductions I used to determine what dimension logic suggests the universe and consciousness are components of, I apologize for the delay in presenting what I had promised to post here. It is completed, and posted on the website selling the book, presented here on the bottom line, alone, so that, hopefully, you can just click on it to get there. I had intended to give, in this book club forum, in outline form, the line of deductions leading up to, but not including, the final deduction. But I came to the conclusion that it would mean that I would spend a fair amount of time answering individual questions which the book answers. So, I decided to present it in a more finished form - it runs about ten pages. I also thought that it would be fun for others not frequenting this forum, as well. I think that this is a better example of what the book presents than the first 24 pages of the book which I had originally posted on the web page. For these two reasons I decided to present it on the website. And, not wanting to write the whole thing again for this forum, I decided to simply direct those interested to where it is on the website. It took a fair amount of time to write, and rewrite the essay to a polished form, then give it to my editor, and rewrite it again - and then wait for my web designer to finally post it. So, again, I apologize for the delay.
This is my last posting. I'll check back now and again to see if anyone has any questions after having read the book.
Thank you, Ellen!
b-dproductions.com
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Oh! Fuck me! He's gone an changed the intro to a better sales pitch. Still I suppose thats what a forum is about(testing ones philosophical ideas and adapting them) but I'm a bit gutted that he can't be bothered to state the solution to mankinds philosophical and mystical problems without making a buck. But then again I'm a open-software kinda guy, PGP, Linux, Jesus, Buddha, et al, so wadda I know.
a_uk
Richard Baron

Post by Richard Baron »

I had a look at the text on the website. It gives us three dimensions:

1. the void
2. time
3. possibility

and tells us that there is a fourth. The fourth one is not named but hints are given. I reckon that 4. is "everything", or perhaps "the plenum", as a counterpoint to the void.

Only time is a dimension in the ordinary sense. 1. and 4. (as the plenum) might be particular members of the set of possible worlds, and that set could be considered as a space if there were some kind of ordering or proximity relation between worlds. (4. as everything would be more like the entire set than any one member of it.) 3. is a property of each member of the set of possible worlds.

It is not clear whether the theory would be as exciting as is claimed if it were to be translated into these more familiar terms.
DaveEssex

Reply to Richard

Post by DaveEssex »

Thank you Richard. Now no one has to read the 15 minute essay on the website. Of course if you don't read the short essay, you probably won't buy the ending statement, which, for the record, since Richard left it out, is "Nothing tangible can ever arise, but if The Void exists, then what other intangible dimension must also exist? "
Richard says "If The Void exists, then everything exists."
Or possibly, "If The Void exists, then the plenum exists, as a counterpoint."
Neither of these answers is correct - or a logical conclusion from the premise.
Hint. If you come up with an answer that a twelve year old wouldn't understand the logic of, that's not it.
Actually, if you can make the lateral thinking jump to the answer, it doesn't take much further contemplation to realize how it explains why our dimension is conscious, must imagine the universe, must consist also of thought, and must be of such an essence and structure that it finally makes sense of ALL mystical statements on the one side, and quantum physics on the other.
I do agree with Richard, that if the book spent 222 pages discussing as convoluted concepts as he put in his explanatory paragraph, it would be about as exciting as getting a root canal.
The entire book is something that should fascinate any intelligent twelve year old - which is indeed something different in the world of philosophy!