Flowers For Algernon by Daniel Keyes

For the discussion of philosophical books.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Psychonaut

Flowers For Algernon by Daniel Keyes

Post by Psychonaut »

progris riport 1 martch 3

Dr Strauss says I shoud rite down what I think and remembir and evrey thing that happins to me from now on. I dont no why but he says its importint so they will see if they can use me. I hope they use me becaus Miss Kinnian says mabye they can make me smart. I want to be smart. My name is Charlie Gordon I werk in Donners bakery where Mr Donner gives me 11 dollers a week and bred or cake if I want. I am 32 yeres old and next munth is my brithday. I tolld dr Strauss and perfesser Nemur I cant rite good but he says it dont matter he says I shud rite just like I talk and like I rite compushishens in Miss Kinnians class at the beekmin collidge center for retarted adults where I go to lern 3 times a week on my time off. Dr. Strauss says to rite a lot evrything I think and evrything that happins to me but I cant think anymor because I have nothing to rite so I will close for today . . . yrs truly Charlie Gordon.
BLURB: Charlie Gordon, IQ 68, is a floor sweeper, and the gentle butt of everyone's jokes, until an experiment in the enhancement of human intelligence turns him into a genius. But then Algernon, the mouse whose triumphal experimental transformation preceded his, fades and dies, and Charlie has to face the possibility that his salvation was only temporary.
nameless

Re: Flowers For Algernon by Daniel Keyes

Post by nameless »

I read the book when I was a teenager and found it deeply moving.
I also like the Robin Williams/DeNiro movie from the story.
Psychonaut

Re: Flowers For Algernon by Daniel Keyes

Post by Psychonaut »

Theres a film? Cool! Now I don't have to finish this stupid book..