FREE PHILOSOPHY THEMED eBOOK (& About Me)

For the discussion of philosophical books.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Percarus

FREE PHILOSOPHY THEMED eBOOK (& About Me)

Post by Percarus »

DOWNLOAD THIS - IT IS FREE

Percarus: http://bookbooster.com/newage.htm

OFFICIALLY THE MOST ELOQUENT STORY TELLING POETRY BOOK EVER WRITTEN
-ALL NON FICTION-

*Get it now!*

Forward this chain-mail to ALL your contacts and the author will forgive all that have sinned against him.

THIS WILL SAVE LIVES (and aide the author's mum)
The Voice of Time

Re: FREE PHILOSOPHY THEMED eBOOK (& About Me)

Post by The Voice of Time »

uff... no... please... no New Age!
Percarus

Post by Percarus »

Har, har... New Age to me just means examining philosophy and creeds from all different angles before forming opinions... :P

The generous seas do roam vividly,
And sacred words spoken earnestly.
People suffer and people go to war,
I just hope these words will go afar.

On 26-4-2013 I published a FREE book,
Indeed a feat of altruism, no crook!
I suffer in silence in every moment.
I have no money to publish a stunt.

I was just hoping for word-of-mouth
And email propagation as loudmouth.
Book is at: http://bookbooster.com/newage.htm
I accept feedback just at: percarus@hotmail.com
The Voice of Time

It's extremely unproductive to consider all angles, with emphasis on extremely. New Age is so much awfully useless thinking I die a little bit inside knowing somebody still knows about it.

Please, keep it away from philosophy forums! It has no room here, it's like an infectious disease and its preachers are like HIV-positive free prostitutes lap-dancing you every time you try to talk to them.
Percarus

Post by Percarus »

Let us get this straight... I am in fact a Presbyterian. I only use New Age reasoning so as to unite all faiths through a common ground of understanding - this for a fabled state of World Peace. I do not actually believe in Bob Marley as a savior-like Christ as in Rasfatari. But I understand where such individuals may be coming from. New Age is the ultimate tool for understanding of the world and how it operates, and building one's empathy. Read my book, donate me some money if you enjoy it, I am broke! And despite severely educated I suffer from chronic insomnia thus now impeding my chances for most employment. :-P
The Voice of Time

That's exactly the problem of New Age stuff. It's faith. One step away from witchcraft (no offence there, I know a witch doctor in South Africa and she's quite a good woman) and seers.
Percarus

Post by Percarus »

My 'New Age' interpretation is not based on 'blind' faith, but by physical elements as conprised within individual's lives. I justify my beliefs and ideals through the laws of physics, pseudo science, and most of all inherent sheer enlightened reason. I believe that traditional philosophy is not so much about science but elemental 'reason' which in turn paves forth the notions of further scientific discovery given time.

Now, I have met many individuals who have so 'sighted' magic, witchcraft, Macumba, UFO's, and an array of things. I do not believe that my stumbling across such individuals happened by chance alone, just as some other blogger may have never come across someone who sighted the paranormal - it is my belief that everything fits under a grander design, not so much an ALL encompassing God, but more-so a provincial deity that resides beside us along with higher entities within the dark matter or unseen world.

Meh... What I am trying to say is that today's New Age movement encompasses more 'reason' and rationality than the hippy days from a long time ago. It is about acknowledging a probability to alternate beliefs and never completely dismissing something as untrue just because you may have not experienced - whilst others have.
The Voice of Time

I can't say I wholeheartedly trust those experiences, whatever they might be. And yet again, please don't molest philosophy with it.
duszek

Post by duszek »

Could someone tell me in a nutshell the pros and cons of New Age ?
I have only a very vage idea about what it is supposed to be.

Bagvan ?
Esalem ? (Like described a little bit in M. Houellebecq´s book "Les particules élémentaires")
The camp described by John Updike in the book "S" ?
Hare Krishna ?

Is it just the innocent idea of keeping an open mind ?
Even the Catholic Church recommends to keep an open mind. This would not strike me as particularly new.

Thanks in advance for your efforts to enlighten me ! :D