Information Addiction

Can philosophers help resolve the real problems that people have in their lives?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Atthet

Information Addiction

Post by Atthet »

I crave information. I'm addicted to the internet, constantly browsing, arguing, debating, refreshing one website after another. I need it. I need that thrill of locating a highly discriminating man, a man of great wisdom and intellect. I only trust opinions that are highly flammatory, offensive, provocative, hateful, wretched, banned. High risk positions, evil, hated.
These are the types of perspectives I crave, powerful wisdom.

Only the minds of genius men, are accepted and acceptable. With the internet, the whole world is at our fingertips, and only the most powerful intellects and minds are welcome, for information. Information, information, I need more, and more, and more. It must be true. It must be filtered. It must be purified. I want pure information, extract all that sediment and gunk, I don't want that waste. I don't want paragraphs and books, filled with liberal bullshit and Judeo-christian premises. Secular humanists, no thanks, you are scum. I only want information filtered through the minds of highly intelligent, highly evolved specimens.
Give me the best, anything less cannot do. I won't settle for that.
Only pure truth, purely true information put through the grinder of philosophical inquiry, constant debate, held hour after hour after hour, from morning until the middle of the night. Only those obsessed, if you are one, are worth interacting with. Anybody less, is simply not worth it.
A waste of time.
I need information!
ForgedinHell

Re: Information Addiction

Post by ForgedinHell »

Atthet wrote:I crave information. I'm addicted to the internet, constantly browsing, arguing, debating, refreshing one website after another. I need it. I need that thrill of locating a highly discriminating man, a man of great wisdom and intellect. I only trust opinions that are highly flammatory, offensive, provocative, hateful, wretched, banned. High risk positions, evil, hated.

Only the minds of genius men, are accepted and acceptable. With the internet, the whole world is at our fingertips, and only the most powerful intellects and minds are welcome, for information. Information, information, I need more, and more, and more. It must be true. It must be filtered. It must be purified. I want pure information, extract all that sediment and gunk, I don't want that waste. I don't want paragraphs and books, filled with liberal bullshit and Judeo-christian premises. Secular humanists, no thanks, you are scum. I only want information filtered through the minds of highly intelligent, highly evolved specimens.
Give me the best, anything less cannot do. I won't settle for that.
Only pure truth, purely true information put through the grinder of philosophical inquiry, constant debate, held hour after hour after hour, from morning until the middle of the night. Only those obsessed, if you are one, are worth interacting with. Anybody less, is simply not worth it.
A waste of time.
I need information!
You crave crap on the net. You are addicted to lies and bullcrap. You are not addicted to useful information. Real knowledge is anathema to everything you hold sacred.
Atthet

Post by Atthet »

ForgedinHell wrote:You crave crap on the net. You are addicted to lies and bullcrap. You are not addicted to useful information. Real knowledge is anathema to everything you hold sacred.
That's why you exist to feed me the truth, Foggy. Feed me! I need more truth, more info!
ForgedinHell

Post by ForgedinHell »

Atthet wrote:
ForgedinHell wrote:You crave crap on the net. You are addicted to lies and bullcrap. You are not addicted to useful information. Real knowledge is anathema to everything you hold sacred.
That's why you exist to feed me the truth, Foggy. Feed me! I need more truth, more info!
The truth is you are a moron.
Atthet

Post by Atthet »

ForgedinHell wrote:The truth is you are a moron.
You already provided me this information before. I don't need to learn this lesson twice, thanks! New info, give me, feed me!
I heard you the first time! Unlike others, I don't need to be repeated to. I listen, read, the first time, and it sticks.
Lynn

Post by Lynn »

Atthet wrote:I crave information. I'm addicted to the internet, constantly browsing, arguing, debating, refreshing one website after another. I need it. I need that thrill of locating a highly discriminating man, a man of great wisdom and intellect. I only trust opinions that are highly flammatory, offensive, provocative, hateful, wretched, banned. High risk positions, evil, hated.
I too crave information. The internet has largely replaced my other sources of information. I find the cut and thrust of one to one debate thrilling but when it becomes pontification, I lose interest and look elsewhere. Information for me is key.