The End is Nigh

Can philosophers help resolve the real problems that people have in their lives?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

chaz wyman

Re: The End is Nigh

Post by chaz wyman »

attofishpi wrote:
chaz wyman wrote:Gotcha!!!
Your interest in the theory is because you have a use for it. It has nothing to do with whether or not the theory is valid it is all about your (now not so) hidden agenda.
Do you comprehend how stupid you sound? You've got naught.
Aside from the fact that a theory of the existence of a soul is not an 'agenda'...

Do NASA scientists have an agenda?
YES

Does Hawking have an agenda?
YES

The answer of course is, yes! Does that mean that they are compromising their ability to have a reasonable rational debate?? NO!! IDIOT!!

Indeed not. Hawkins agenda is truth - he is an atheist and does not need to justify his religious belief - he doesn't have one.
As for NASA - their agenda is making sure their space vehicles work and they justify their money. For that you also need cold hard facts.

As for you - you have nothing but your sick wishes to live forever. There is no merit in your ideas. And there is nothing in the way of reason or evidence for your ridiculous claims.
How dare you compare yourself to Hawking!!!
He has more intelligence in his earlobe than you have in your whole brain.

attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

chaz wyman wrote:As for you - you have nothing but your sick wishes to live forever. There is no merit in your ideas. And there is nothing in the way of reason or evidence for your ridiculous claims.
How dare you suggest i am comparing myself to Hawking. Was David Hume known for throwing out the occasional straw man?
The premise of you argument is that Theists cannot have a rational debate in relation to the soul because they have and agenda. I simply provided the fact scientists whether atheist or theist have an agenda to which rational debate can be applied. The simple fact that you wholeheartedly disagree with the possibility of a soul is the only reason you have for making such an absurd claim that theists cannot rationally discuss the possibility.
chaz wyman

Post by chaz wyman »

attofishpi wrote:
chaz wyman wrote:As for you - you have nothing but your sick wishes to live forever. There is no merit in your ideas. And there is nothing in the way of reason or evidence for your ridiculous claims.
How dare you suggest i am comparing myself to Hawking. Was David Hume known for throwing out the occasional straw man?

How is any of this relevant. It seems clear enough that you have no clue as to the meaning of 'strawman'.
SHow me a Humean straw man please.

The premise of you argument is that Theists cannot have a rational debate in relation to the soul because they have and agenda.

Underlying that premise is the simple fact that the idea of the soul is not based on any evidence in the first place, and is, like Zeus, a figment of the imagination.
But I have no need of a premise when you have demonstrated what your agenda is. You are an example that confirms the question. I have no need of a premise when you and every other Theist has this agenda.
This is called evidence and leads to a conclusion. Unlike you I do not rely on any premise that cannot be demonstrated by facts.
You, on the on the other hand start with a premise "There is a soul", and "help I don't want to die" and without examining your premises make those the axioms of your life. That is pathetic.

I simply provided the fact scientists whether atheist or theist have an agenda to which rational debate can be applied.

Duh - you have to look at the specific agenda. Yours is "I don't want to die cos its scary so there must be a soul".
Hawkins agenda is "I want to understand the universe."

The simple fact that you wholeheartedly disagree with the possibility of a soul is the only reason you have for making such an absurd claim that theists cannot rationally discuss the possibility.

No, I don't reject the possibility. Let's hear it! I'm only interested in finding the truth, not just believing every crack-pot idea that I was taught when I was a child.
So give it your best shot.

attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

chaz wyman wrote:
attofishpi wrote:

How is any of this relevant. It seems clear enough that you have no clue as to the meaning of 'strawman'.
SHow me a Humean straw man please.

The premise of you argument is that Theists cannot have a rational debate in relation to the soul because they have and agenda.

Underlying that premise is the simple fact that the idea of the soul is not based on any evidence in the first place, and is, like Zeus, a figment of the imagination.
But I have no need of a premise when you have demonstrated what your agenda is. You are an example that confirms the question. I have no need of a premise when you and every other Theist has this agenda.
This is called evidence and leads to a conclusion. Unlike you I do not rely on any premise that cannot be demonstrated by facts.
You, on the on the other hand start with a premise "There is a soul", and "help I don't want to die" and without examining your premises make those the axioms of your life. That is pathetic.

I simply provided the fact scientists whether atheist or theist have an agenda to which rational debate can be applied.

Duh - you have to look at the specific agenda. Yours is "I don't want to die cos its scary so there must be a soul".
Hawkins agenda is "I want to understand the universe."

The simple fact that you wholeheartedly disagree with the possibility of a soul is the only reason you have for making such an absurd claim that theists cannot rationally discuss the possibility.

No, I don't reject the possibility. Let's hear it! I'm only interested in finding the truth, not just believing every crack-pot idea that I was taught when I was a child.
So give it your best shot.

chaz - i am the last person on Earth to be scared of death...and i have been close to it several times. From personal experience is all i have and communication from a sage informing me of an eternal soul. Unfortunately i have been given no way to prove any of it.
chaz wyman

Post by chaz wyman »

attofishpi wrote:]chaz - i am the last person on Earth to be scared of death...and i have been close to it several times. From personal experience is all i have and communication from a sage informing me of an eternal soul. Unfortunately i have been given no way to prove any of it.
A Sage??
jezuz!!!
Someone (a card reader) once told me when I was 18 that my soul was of great antiquity - I believed her for about 10 minutes.
How many morons just believe in an eternal soul - and for what reason?
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

chaz wyman wrote:
attofishpi wrote:]chaz - i am the last person on Earth to be scared of death...and i have been close to it several times. From personal experience is all i have and communication from a sage informing me of an eternal soul. Unfortunately i have been given no way to prove any of it.
A Sage??
jezuz!!!
Someone (a card reader) once told me when I was 18 that my soul was of great antiquity - I believed her for about 10 minutes.
That is a stupid analogy. In the morning prior to the night where i was beaten almost to death with a baseball bat the words 'tonight bad luck' were said to me. After hospital the sage revealed 'itself' to me.
You shouldn't dismiss the possibility that there is far more to existence than you can currently comprehend...as i can assure you without a shadow of a doubt that ALL atheists are wrong.
chaz wyman

Post by chaz wyman »

attofishpi wrote:
chaz wyman wrote:
A Sage??
jezuz!!!
That is a stupid analogy. In the morning prior to the night where i was beaten almost to death with a baseball bat the words 'tonight bad luck' were said to me. After hospital the sage revealed 'itself' to me.
You shouldn't dismiss the possibility that there is far more to existence than you can currently comprehend...as i can assure you without a shadow of a doubt that ALL atheists are wrong.
Let me give you a word of advice. When you are in a state such as that rendered by a severe beating or you are fucked up on drugs, don't base your view of reality on what you happen to feel at the time.
It's no wonder you have such crazy ideas.
And, another thing don't expect anyone else to believe your mind-fucked delusions - especially when you tell them what state you were in when you 'figured them out'.

You mean Charles Darwin, John Stewart Mill, Friedrich Nietzsche, Karl Mark, Richard Dawkins, Stephen Hawking etc.... are all just plain wrong. Based on what happened to your head after having been beating up by a baseball bat?
Are you kidding?
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

chaz wyman wrote:Let me give you a word of advice. When you are in a state such as that rendered by a severe beating or you are fucked up on drugs, don't base your view of reality on what you happen to feel at the time.
I have said it several times to you chaz,...you FAIL in COMPREHENSION.

I just told you that in the MORNING prior to HAVING the shit belted out of me i was communicated. Then later after hospital the sage re-communicated to me ( if it was He in the first place)
chaz wyman wrote:]And, another thing don't expect anyone else to believe your mind-fucked delusions - especially when you tell them what state you were in when you 'figured them out'.
And what state was that mr duntcomprehend?

chaz wyman wrote:You mean Charles Darwin, John Stewart Mill, Friedrich Nietzsche, Karl Mark, Richard Dawkins, Stephen Hawking etc.... are all just plain wrong. Based on what happened to your head after having been beating up by a baseball bat?
Are you kidding?
Are you kidding?... COMPREHEND what i said <<PRIOR>> to being bashed...
chaz wyman

Post by chaz wyman »

attofishpi wrote:
chaz wyman wrote:Let me give you a word of advice. When you are in a state such as that rendered by a severe beating or you are fucked up on drugs, don't base your view of reality on what you happen to feel at the time.

I just told you that in the MORNING prior to HAVING the shit belted out of me i was communicated. Then later after hospital the sage re-communicated to me ( if it was He in the first place)

All this is memory. You have re-ordered the sequence. It is very common in trauma patients.
You might get help with all this from a psychiatrist.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

chaz wyman wrote:
attofishpi wrote:

All this is memory. You have re-ordered the sequence. It is very common in trauma patients.
You might get help with all this from a psychiatrist.
NOB
chaz wyman

Post by chaz wyman »

attofishpi wrote:
NOB
Or do you mean bon. which is Good in French?

Is it good that you found god and was then beating to within an inch of your life?
How does that work out for you?
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

chaz wyman wrote:
attofishpi wrote:
NOB

Is it good that you found god and was then beating to within an inch of your life?
Well observed.
His evil side is a real bitch...what can i say don't fuck with God.
chaz wyman

Post by chaz wyman »

attofishpi wrote:
chaz wyman wrote:
attofishpi wrote:
NOB

Well observed.
His evil side is a real bitch...what can i say don't fuck with God.
I don't need to fuck with god as he can go and fuck himself.

You are beyond help.
reasonemotion

Post by reasonemotion »

Hello Gary,

I read your post today and granted it was a few years old, but it sparked my interest in wondering whether you decided to proceed with your education. If you happen to stumble upon my post, it would be wonderful to hear from you.
chaz wyman

Post by chaz wyman »

reasonemotion wrote:Hello Gary,

I read your post today and granted it was a few years old, but it sparked my interest in wondering whether you decided to proceed with your education. If you happen to stumble upon my post, it would be wonderful to hear from you.
`Do you know you can send a personal message direct to him through this website?