Swamiji, how should a student prepare for exams to get good marks?

Can philosophers help resolve the real problems that people have in their lives?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

dattaswami

Post by dattaswami »

[A question by Shri Sathi Reddy]

Swami replied:- Q=E+W is a law of thermodynamics. Q is the heat supplied to the body through food. E is the rise in the internal energy that consumes a part of heat. The rest heat is consumed by the work (W) done by the system. If E consumes all heat (Q=E), W becomes 0. It means that if the tension raises the E so that all the Q is consumed, the brain will not work and the student fails in the examinations. The answer is printed in the brain like the information stored in the disc of the computer, but it is not displayed on the screen since there is no current.

Similarly, the answer is printed in the brain as soon as you hear the teaching in the class and the answer will be displayed on the mind-screen if Q is not wasted in raising E and is stored well. This means that if you don’t have even a trace of tension in life, the answer heard in the class will be displayed on your mind and there is no need of reading any book after hearing the teaching in the class just once. Krishna told the Bhagavat Gita even though the war-atmosphere was causing a lot of tension in every body. But, in the case of Krishna, the external tension did not raise at all even a little of His E. His Q was also very high due to the eaten butter in His childhood, which is a precious energetic food. In such condition, His W was always at the climax and hence, the excellent Gita came out even in the atmosphere of high tension.
Impenitent

Re: Swamiji, how should a student prepare for exams to get good marks?

Post by Impenitent »

:roll:

to get the best marks: sharpen the pencil

-Imp
Walker

Post by Walker »

Impenitent wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 1:19 pm :roll:

to get the best marks: sharpen the pencil

-Imp
Two #2s, presharpened, and keep your eyes on your own paper. No gum chewing.

For the best marks, mirror the teacher's opinions, which are invariably going to correlate with whatever the government is pushing this year.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Swami replied:- Thank you for this great question, Shri Sathi Reddy, and I am delighted to be able to recommend my latest book, Cheating For Dummies, available from Amazon and all good book stores. I think you will find it contains everything you need to know. 8)
dattaswami

Post by dattaswami »

Harbal wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 8:00 pm Swamiji, how should a student prepare for exams to get good marks?

Swami replied:- Thank you for this great question, Shri Sathi Reddy, and I am delighted to be able to recommend my latest book, Cheating For Dummies, available from Amazon and all good book stores. I think you will find it contains everything you need to know. 8)
Kindly watch the following videos..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68iC5W11TfU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSskqULB7HM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpdHO9Wxed8
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

I'm afraid I can't. Were I to watch those videos I would feel far too irritated to be kind.
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

Sure, eat well, get good sleep.
Listen in class. Do the homework. Ask questions when you don't understand something.
Find a way to find the damn subject interesting, if it isn't.
Take notes.
A lot depends on the subject. Some subjects would be helped by experimentation or practice of various kinds.
Perhaps make visual representations of areas of knowledge or processes. If you have learning disabilities, organize the information in other media.
Form a study group.
Watch videos on it.
Get a book from the library.
Paraphrase everything.

To game the tests:
look at old tests from that teacher and see the kinds of questions/tasks you get.
ask former students of that teacher what they did to do well.
ask the teacher what things you should focus on
cram right before the exam - this does little for long term knowledge but it can help short term.
make up questions for peers and have them make up questions for you
dattaswami

Post by dattaswami »

Iwannaplato wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 11:52 am Sure, eat well, get good sleep.
Listen in class. Do the homework. Ask questions when you don't understand something.
Find a way to find the damn subject interesting, if it isn't.
Take notes.
A lot depends on the subject. Some subjects would be helped by experimentation or practice of various kinds.
Perhaps make visual representations of areas of knowledge or processes. If you have learning disabilities, organize the information in other media.
Form a study group.
Watch videos on it.
Get a book from the library.
Paraphrase everything.

To game the tests:
look at old tests from that teacher and see the kinds of questions/tasks you get.
ask former students of that teacher what they did to do well.
ask the teacher what things you should focus on
cram right before the exam - this does little for long term knowledge but it can help short term.
make up questions for peers and have them make up questions for you
OK good...