Near Death Experience?

Can philosophers help resolve the real problems that people have in their lives?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Dontaskme

Re: Near Death Experience?

Post by Dontaskme »

Zarathustra wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 12:39 am
Dontaskme wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 11:29 am
Zarathustra wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 11:32 pm I did not have near death experience as such, but was thinking wrongly that I might have a terminal illness.
If you know you are alive, you must also know your dead.

We're all terminally ill, in that we're all dying to live, and living to die, even though we all know, we're neither dead nor alive.
Life looks very weird that people born, live, struggle, achieve a lot, and then get old and be gone. Even the most famous successful celebrities and powerful rich and intelligent people, there is no exception. All getting old everyday and dying. We hear everyday someone famous has died, and it just never stops. Strange world and surreal life for sure for all living beings on earth.
It’s strange, because intrinsically it is known to be uncreated.

That’s why life is bearable knowing no thing was ever responsible for the creation of this carnage.

Humans evolved a sophisticated brain big enough to become aware of its environment, in it’s intelligence it has the option to either opt in or out….at the moment it’s opting in…
Zarathustra

Post by Zarathustra »

Dontaskme wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 10:27 am

That’s why life is bearable knowing no thing was ever responsible for the creation of this carnage.

Humans evolved a sophisticated brain big enough to become aware of its environment, in it’s intelligence it has the option to either opt in or out….at the moment it’s opting in…
What do you mean by uncreated? Who is creating and uncreating what?
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Zarathustra wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 10:16 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 10:27 am

What do you mean by uncreated? Who is creating and uncreating what?
There is no Who. There is only IS

Uncreation is Creation. Every Action is a Reaction.

Nonduality is Duality. The Unoved Mover.

Death is Life. And Life is Death.

Knowledge is the language of complimentary opposites that must exist in the exact same instant they are known.

In other words...No thing being Everything.
bahman

Post by bahman »

Zarathustra wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:18 am Has anyone had near death experience? Or fear of death experience?
What was it like? What was going through your mind when faced with the experience or thoughts?
I had an out-of-body experience.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

bahman wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 6:03 pm
Zarathustra wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:18 am Has anyone had near death experience? Or fear of death experience?
What was it like? What was going through your mind when faced with the experience or thoughts?
The brain hallucinated that's all.

There is no one inside the body that could ever be outside of the body. So lets be clear about that.
bahman

Post by bahman »

Dontaskme wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:41 am

There is no one inside the body that could ever be outside of the body. So lets be clear about that.
No. My brain cannot tell me what is on top of a three-story building since my sensory system does not have access to it.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

bahman wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 6:03 pm I had an out-of-body experience.

How do you know?

Why do we need to be 'clear' about what you think you know?
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

What precipitated it? How did you feel during it?

The only experience I'm consciously aware of (besides my near-death experience that I described) was when a male friend with a beautiful singing voice wanted to demonstrate chanting to me, and soon after he started, I felt myself suddenly rise up in the air about 6' above my body. I was floating there for about 5 seconds. I felt panic and wanted to get back down into my body... which I then did. I would have liked to experiment with that again, but my connection with that man ended because he was strangely intense and it was during a brief breakup with my boyfriend.

When I was a kid, I had a lot of dreams of uncontrollably physically levitating in front of people, and I felt panic in the dream from the potential of trying to explain it... which I didn't understand either. As an adult, I think physically levitating would disrupt my efforts to live a grounded life (ha ha)... so I kind of fear it. But I dream a lot about flying (with skill) all kinds of places.
bahman

Post by bahman »

Lacewing wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:59 pm
What precipitated it? How did you feel during it?

The only experience I'm consciously aware of (besides my near-death experience that I described) was when a male friend with a beautiful singing voice wanted to demonstrate chanting to me, and soon after he started, I felt myself suddenly rise up in the air about 6' above my body. I was floating there for about 5 seconds. I felt panic and wanted to get back down into my body... which I then did. I would have liked to experiment with that again, but my connection with that man ended because he was strangely intense and it was during a brief breakup with my boyfriend.

When I was a kid, I had a lot of dreams of uncontrollably physically levitating in front of people, and I felt panic in the dream from the potential of trying to explain it... which I didn't understand either. As an adult, I think physically levitating would disrupt my efforts to live a grounded life (ha ha)... so I kind of fear it. But I dream a lot about flying (with skill) all kinds of places.
Well, I was high and went out to smoke a cigarette. I felt light. I close my eyes and raise my hand and set myself free. I felt that I am raising up and after that, I felt that I am reaching a point without return so I stop and tried to come back. I open my eyes and I was as tall as a three-story building. I could see inside and outside at the same time. Inside was empty at first but it was filled by a spirit, I guess. The spirit fused to my body and then I gradually came to my normal state. I said I get what I want when the spirit fused to my body and there was a male voice from the top that said the same thing.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

bahman wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:28 pm Well, I was high and went out to smoke a cigarette. I felt light. I close my eyes and raise my hand and set myself free. I felt that I am raising up and after that, I felt that I am reaching a point without return so I stop and tried to come back. I open my eyes and I was as tall as a three-story building. I could see inside and outside at the same time. Inside was empty at first but it was filled by a spirit, I guess. The spirit fused to my body and then I gradually came to my normal state. I said I get what I want when the spirit fused to my body and there was a male voice from the top that said the same thing.
It appears that there are countless different points from which to perceive and envision. And what each reveals or means to any individual, or what they do as a result of it, is their personal journey. Not to be confused as ultimate vision or truth for all.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

bahman wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:16 am

No. My brain cannot tell me what is on top of a three-story building since my sensory system does not have access to it.
You do not have a brain to inform you of any knowledge.

All that is happening there is a brain braining, all images are byproducts of imageless light, the stuff all dreams are made of.

Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Lacewing wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:22 pm

How do you know?

No one knows what they know. Lets just be clear and honest about this, and stop pretending.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Dontaskme wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:47 am
Lacewing wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:22 pm

How do you know?

No one knows what they know. Lets just be clear and honest about this, and stop pretending.
You don't know what you're talking about... but you keep pretending that you do. Why don't you get clear about that, as it appears to already be clear to everyone else?
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Lacewing wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 3:57 pm

You don't know what you're talking about... but you keep pretending that you do. Why don't you get clear about that, as it appears to already be clear to everyone else?
Well I'm glad to hear we're all clear about what it is everyone else including me think we are clear about.

Thanks for the double clear.

That's our job as an observer, to clear up the mess we leave behind us.
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

I actually just had one believe it or not. Terrible car accident with two fatalities. Drove right by it... I couldn't have been more than thirty feet from it.